Release Date: March 29th, 2016
- Pricing ( $20 / 20 / £16 )
- Available digitally in all regions, and at retail in North America & Asia. (Install size 17GB)
- Online Co-op for 2 players in campaign and mercenaries (4 players on certain parts of the campaign)
- Competitive MP modes support 2-6 players
- Runs at 1080p & 60fps
- This OT is focusing on the new content & tips to playing, check the original Resident Evil 6 OT by Nemesis_ for more information on other mode's and elements.
*This section will hit on the mechanic's which aren't fully explained in game. For more in-depth information on these system check out Neiteio's guide HERE or the official Capcom Manual HERE.*
- The prologue only teaches the basics. So don't fully rely on it.
- The loading screen tips are worth reading.
- The more you utilize all of the games systems, the more fun you can have.
- Auto-mix herbs and insta-load pills: Hold R1 and press Square when empty (RB and press X on XB1)
- Paint targets for AI partner: L2 + Circle (LT + B on XB1)
- Laying on the ground or taking cover regenerate's stamina quicker, also taking pills will restore stamina as well.
- Dazing enemies (Like in RE4 & 5) allows for special melee attacks to be performed on them.
- Insta-Death QTE's can be turned off in the options (The game will automatically perform them if you fail)
- QTEs which say to wiggle the analog stick mean for you to wiggle both analogs, which will fill the bar faster.
- In the options you can change back to laser pointer aiming if you dislike the crosshair.
- There are numerous camera settings, such as FOV slider, Shoulder Preference, camera bob, etc. So mess with the settings and find a camera configuration comfortable for you.
- Sliding: Dash with Action button (X on PS3, A on XB1), then hit L2 to slide (LT on XB1). To spin 180 degrees mid-slide, pull back while sliding. To shoot while sliding, tap R2 (RT on XB1))
- Rolling while standing: Aim with L2 (LT on XB1), then tap Action button and left or right to roll in that direction. Release L2 (LT on XB1) mid-roll to stand, or continue to hold L2 (LT on XB1) to lie on the ground. On the ground, tap left and right to roll
- Dodging: Aim (L2 on PS4, LT on XB1) and hit the Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) while standing
- Running attacks: Dash with Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) and hit R2 (RT on XB1)
- Quick shot: L2 + R2 (LT + RT on XB1) when near an enemy; tap repeatedly to attack multiple nearby targets (Uses your stamina bar)
- Quick recover: Mash the Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) when knocked down, or hold back and tap the Action button
- Counter Attack's can be performed by pressing R2 (RT on XB1) at the right time when the prompt is shown.
- In mercenaries mode you can slide into Time Bonuses to break them.
- Jake has hand to hand moves as a weapon, use them often when playing as him! Hold L2, then hold R2 (LT & RT on XB1) to lock on. Release R2 (RT on XB1) to dash, keep pressing R2 (RT on XB1) to do multiple moves on the enemies around you. You can perform a Backflip using Down + X (A on XB1) during this if needed.
- Always remember you can slide into cover!
- Skills are an important part of RE6, they allow for numerous perks which can help or add more challenge to how you play.
- If you feel you're having trouble in the campaign or mercenaries, check the skill's page to see if there are some which can help (Such as more ammo drops or higher defense).
- Skill points are shared across all modes, so don't spend all your points in mercenaries when you're still playing the campaign or vice versa.
- The page detailing skills in full can be found HERE
- No Mercy mercenaries mode (Formerly PC Exclusive)
- Inclusion of Residentevil.net costumes
- Enriched multiplayer matchmaking - Cycle Mode automatically enters you into recommended multiplayer games and Online Campaign Custom Match now includes options to search for a character campaign without having to specify a chapter
- Improved control options - Auto-action option simplifies button prompts for quick time events, extends time limits for specific scenes and aids automobile controls. Default mapping of keys and default game settings have been optimized, but players can still remap keys and adjust back to the original game settings if desired.
- All console map and multiplayer DLC included
- Siege Mode: Protect the BSAA trainees from the creatures until the rescue effort arrives. Players can choose to be an agent helping the BSAA trainees, or a creature hunting them down in this multiplayer mode that supports up to 6 players.
- Predator Mode: Become the tracker Ustanak as you hunt down agents. This battle of agents versus Ustanak can be waged with up to 6 players.
- Survivor Mode: It's a battle between agents, and only the last man standing can be the victor. This mode supports up to 6 players in individual deathmatch or team battles.
- Onslaught Mode: In this one-on-one version of The Mercenaries, players rack up combo points to send hordes of creatures to their opponent.
- All the additional stage maps for The Mercenaries and other Extra Content modes are included.