• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 for PS4 & XB1 |OT| Was it always this awesome?

Jawmuncher

untitled32pu1w.png

Release Date: March 29th, 2016
- Pricing ( $20 / €20 / £16 )
- Available digitally in all regions, and at retail in North America & Asia. (Install size 17GB)
- Online Co-op for 2 players in campaign and mercenaries (4 players on certain parts of the campaign)
- Competitive MP modes support 2-6 players
- Runs at 1080p & 60fps
- This OT is focusing on the new content & tips to playing, check the original Resident Evil 6 OT by Nemesis_ for more information on other mode's and elements.

tipsr1uk6.png

*This section will hit on the mechanic's which aren't fully explained in game. For more in-depth information on these system check out Neiteio's guide HERE or the official Capcom Manual HERE.*

GENERAL TIPS
- The prologue only teaches the basics. So don't fully rely on it.
- The loading screen tips are worth reading.
- The more you utilize all of the games systems, the more fun you can have.
- Auto-mix herbs and insta-load pills: Hold R1 and press Square when empty (RB and press X on XB1)
- Paint targets for AI partner: L2 + Circle (LT + B on XB1)
- Laying on the ground or taking cover regenerate's stamina quicker, also taking pills will restore stamina as well.
- Dazing enemies (Like in RE4 & 5) allows for special melee attacks to be performed on them.
- Insta-Death QTE's can be turned off in the options (The game will automatically perform them if you fail)
- QTEs which say to wiggle the analog stick mean for you to wiggle both analogs, which will fill the bar faster.
- In the options you can change back to laser pointer aiming if you dislike the crosshair.
- There are numerous camera settings, such as FOV slider, Shoulder Preference, camera bob, etc. So mess with the settings and find a camera configuration comfortable for you.

COMBAT TIPS
- Sliding: Dash with Action button (X on PS3, A on XB1), then hit L2 to slide (LT on XB1). To spin 180 degrees mid-slide, pull back while sliding. To shoot while sliding, tap R2 (RT on XB1))
- Rolling while standing: Aim with L2 (LT on XB1), then tap Action button and left or right to roll in that direction. Release L2 (LT on XB1) mid-roll to stand, or continue to hold L2 (LT on XB1) to lie on the ground. On the ground, tap left and right to roll
- Dodging: Aim (L2 on PS4, LT on XB1) and hit the Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) while standing
- Running attacks: Dash with Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) and hit R2 (RT on XB1)
- Quick shot: L2 + R2 (LT + RT on XB1) when near an enemy; tap repeatedly to attack multiple nearby targets (Uses your stamina bar)
- Quick recover: Mash the Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) when knocked down, or hold back and tap the Action button
- Counter Attack's can be performed by pressing R2 (RT on XB1) at the right time when the prompt is shown.
- In mercenaries mode you can slide into Time Bonuses to break them.
- Jake has hand to hand moves as a weapon, use them often when playing as him! Hold L2, then hold R2 (LT & RT on XB1) to lock on. Release R2 (RT on XB1) to dash, keep pressing R2 (RT on XB1) to do multiple moves on the enemies around you. You can perform a Backflip using Down + X (A on XB1) during this if needed.
- Always remember you can slide into cover!

SKILL TIPS
- Skills are an important part of RE6, they allow for numerous perks which can help or add more challenge to how you play.
- If you feel you're having trouble in the campaign or mercenaries, check the skill's page to see if there are some which can help (Such as more ammo drops or higher defense).
- Skill points are shared across all modes, so don't spend all your points in mercenaries when you're still playing the campaign or vice versa.
- The page detailing skills in full can be found HERE

newfeaturesskinnysissg.png

- No Mercy mercenaries mode (Formerly PC Exclusive)
- Inclusion of Residentevil.net costumes
- Enriched multiplayer matchmaking - Cycle Mode automatically enters you into recommended multiplayer games and Online Campaign Custom Match now includes options to search for a character campaign without having to specify a chapter
- Improved control options - Auto-action option simplifies button prompts for quick time events, extends time limits for specific scenes and aids automobile controls. Default mapping of keys and default game settings have been optimized, but players can still remap keys and adjust back to the original game settings if desired.
- All console map and multiplayer DLC included
  • Siege Mode: Protect the BSAA trainees from the creatures until the rescue effort arrives. Players can choose to be an agent helping the BSAA trainees, or a creature hunting them down in this multiplayer mode that supports up to 6 players.
  • Predator Mode: Become the tracker Ustanak as you hunt down agents. This battle of agents versus Ustanak can be waged with up to 6 players.
  • Survivor Mode: It's a battle between agents, and only the last man standing can be the victor. This mode supports up to 6 players in individual deathmatch or team battles.
  • Onslaught Mode: In this one-on-one version of The Mercenaries, players rack up combo points to send hordes of creatures to their opponent.
  • All the additional stage maps for The Mercenaries and other Extra Content modes are included.

Thanks to Neiteio and Nemesis_ for allowing me link to their threads and/or use their info.
P.S. Capcom please make a new Dino Crisis game

Still can't believe we're getting a $20 retail release. As someone that admittedly doesn't like the game much at all, I'm willing to give it another try at that price.

Nemesis_

Still can't believe we're getting a $20 retail release. As someone that admittedly doesn't like the game much at all, I'm willing to give it another try at that price.

Most of the options address most other other issues people had which have been added into this release and possibly enabled by default.

sTiTcH AU

Played through the prologue and about 40mins into Chris' campaign on xbox one. Looks great and runs flawlessly. Looking forward to some co op action later in the week.

Magnus

Are RE5 and 4 only getting digital releases? If so, I'll nab this on sale later this year. If there's a chance they'll all release together physically down the road, I think I'll wait...

brau

Nice! i was having issues finding someone to play this with on PC the other day after i picked it up for 6 dlls. Maybe i can get my brothers to pick this up and we can play it. Its a fun game.

Are RE5 and 4 only getting digital releases? If so, I'll nab this on sale later this year. If there's a chance they'll all release together physically down the road, I think I'll wait...
Each of these games are releasing for $20 and getting retail releases

If they all get a release together, it more than likely would be $50 at cheapest

Ryan_MSF

Nice! i was having issues finding someone to play this with on PC the other day after i picked it up for 6 dlls. Maybe i can get my brothers to pick this up and we can play it. Its a fun game.

why you doing this brau, you're better than this.

Jawmuncher

So for those who have it what is the is the install size?
RE6 is about 17GB on PC, but I would think these versions might be a bit less. Though that's dependent on if they include all of the languages.

Do you think disc production will be limited? I am scared that if I wait too long, I will be forced to buy it digitally. I had so much difficulty finding a retail copy of REmake last month, despite the game having just launched.

Do you think disc production will be limited? I am scared that if I wait too long, I will be forced to buy it digitally. I had so much difficulty finding a retail copy of REmake last month, despite the game having just launched.
It's possible. Seems like they're only putting it out for the Anniversary, with little (no?) promotion

Anung

Un Rama
Retail comes out tomorrow? Couldn't find it in UK :(

We are only getting a digital release. I've imported my copy from the US.

Great OP! Hopefully the tips will help people get maximum enjoyment from the mechanics. I'm really excited to be able to play this again.

Mr_Zombie

- Laying on the ground or taking cover regenerate's stamina quicker

You should also add that taking a pill (or using FAS) fully recovers the stamina. It's really helpful during Mercenaries (where melee combos give you a time bonus and are great for crowd control) when you deplete all your stamina and don't have time to lay on the ground or take cover.

Really looking forward to experiencing this tomorrow. It was one of the many last generation titles that I nabbed while on sale, but held out from playing on the chance it was remastered in the near future. And here we are! It's a shame a combat tutorial hasn't been implemented into the re-release when it seems to have been the major point of critique in regard to how utilizing the maneuvers can maximize enjoyment of the gameplay, but I'm glad this remaster exists more than anything.

Wow. Seriously? Amazing. Didn't fathom RE4 getting a retail release in 2016.
Retail is supposedly US only (don't know where you're at) but I mean if you wanted a copy you could probably import fairly easily...helps that they're priced cheaper to soften the blow of shipping

Assault

Might pick this up soon. I remember playing the original at release and being amazed at just how long the game was.

Top Bottom