• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 for PS4 & XB1 |OT| Was it always this awesome?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
A tight well paced campaign with restrictive controls that encouraged accuracy more than reflexes. Creative monster designs, engaging boss fights with mostly different mechanics, constant escalations of threat, memorable side characters and enemies, actual creativity and ambition in creating a game that had never been made before. RE4 is a game that constantly tries and mostly succeeds in topping itself. The whole game is like that.

RE4 either created something new or took something from other games and made it better. RE6 did better tps controls and then said "fuck everything else" and just called it a day.

I am 2/3rds through RE6 on PS4(up to Ch. 4 on each campaign) and agree with this. RE6 combat spices up the acrobatics, but everything else feels quite poor in contrast to RE4/5. Enemies are more spongy, scenarios feels rough and too focused on gimmicks, and too often I feel like I am being taken for a lavish ride rather than engaging in a well-crafted game experience.

"Just kickstart a genre and also make it the best game ever made".

Well yeah, no shit most games are never gonna be that good even if they try to emulate RE4.

Well if we're going to sit here and compare and rate games, shouldn't we compare them to games at the very top? I'd like to think that's how people who make games think. And I'd like to think that's how games get judged as well. Otherwise it seems like a waste of time.
I just don't find anything worthwhile in a conversation that revolves around "well, at least Batman v Superman was better than Thor."
That speaks nothing of what we have in front of us at the moment.

Rikkun

Can someone please confirm the game is not region locked when it comes to online play? I'd buy it from the US store to play with my EU friends, and I cant' find any news online so I guess there's no barriers...

50+ attempts on Jake Ch.2 in the bulkhead escape. Seriously, why is Sherry programmed to even fight Ustanak on that last hatch when in all the others she's directed to go through automatically? Hell, she's usually following off screen as the camera transitions on the others.

But there she is, plugging away at him for no goddamn reason or just standing there in a wheeler stance or even sometimes just looking at the hatch like it's the mystery of the universe.

This is basically a game breaker, which is a shame.

On the plus side, I'm getting better with Merc basics. Dog counters go well so long as they don't do that juke maneuver and leap without a prior animation. Only counters I still struggle with (on Urban Chaos) are leaping zombies due to the little warning or behind a thick crowd, and grabs. Now I need to focus on applying it to keeping the combo up, since I've mainly been focusing on counter work.

Edit: Holy shit, it finally happened. Hopefully nothing like this, quality-wise, makes it through to 7.

50+ attempts on Jake Ch.2 in the bulkhead escape. Seriously, why is Sherry programmed to even fight Ustanak on that last hatch when in all the others she's directed to go through automatically? Hell, she's usually following off screen as the camera transitions on the others.

But there she is, plugging away at him for no goddamn reason or just standing there in a wheeler stance or even sometimes just looking at the hatch like it's the mystery of the universe.

This is basically a game breaker, which is a shame.

On the plus side, I'm getting better with Merc basics. Dog counters go well so long as they don't do that juke maneuver and leap without a prior animation. Only counters I still struggle with (on Urban Chaos) are leaping zombies due to the little warning or behind a thick crowd, and grabs. Now I need to focus on applying it to keeping the combo up, since I've mainly been focusing on counter work.

Edit: Holy shit, it finally happened. Hopefully nothing like this, quality-wise, makes it through to 7.

I thought I was the only one. I quit and started another campaign. I will have to find a real partner to get through that part, but it is frustrating as fuuck.

Well if we're going to sit here and compare and rate games, shouldn't we compare them to games at the very top? I'd like to think that's how people who make games think. And I'd like to think that's how games get judged as well. Otherwise it seems like a waste of time.
I just don't find anything worthwhile in a conversation that revolves around "well, at least Batman v Superman was better than Thor."
That speaks nothing of what we have in front of us at the moment.

I get where you're coming from, but striving to be the best game possible and saying a game is a failure because it fails to emulate a masterpiece are two different things though.

You can't make RE6 exactly like 4 and have it be as good as 4, there's just no way. Is the game as good as 4? Hell no. Are their lessons to be learned from what 4 does well? Absolutely. But it's not a zero sum game, and I like that 6 did tried to do something a little different. We already got an emulation of 4 with 5 and that also failed to capture what made 4 so special, and made its flaws stand out even more in comparison because it's so similar.

If we're going with film analogy it's the same reason why critics don't say things like "well, *insert samurai movie here* isn't as good as Seven Samurai so why even bother. They should have made it more similar". It's not very conducive to good criticism.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
In mercs, one dude I played with last night slid into enemies a lot. Never seen that before. Guessing it also sets up melee's or somethin'?

It can put the enemy into a stunned frame for a second, so I guess that's the idea, but to be honest I haven't tried it very often.

Seyavesh

In mercs, one dude I played with last night slid into enemies a lot. Never seen that before. Guessing it also sets up melee's or somethin'?

slide does light stun on enemies

if you do a headshot and then then into them you are able to do the heavy stun/finisher move on enemies, which allows for the max time bonus with the grenade trick

in general sliding into enemies is really good just because it's a way of dodging their attacks while hitting them to set up for whatever you want

I had a ton of problems at this part.

It turned out you can use both thumb sticks to make the QTE go quicker.

There was no difference for me, nor was there with breakout equipped. Rolling the left stick with my palm had the same frame effect as wrist joggling both sticks. Probably a cap on the speed for it. My Ps4 controller sticks are well worn for it.

For the last door anyway. Main factor there is just getting to the door fast to save some frames for the qte.

Well, that and the A.I. behavior, but that's outside player control solo.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
There was no difference for me, nor was there with breakout equipped. Rolling the left stick with my palm had the same frame effect as wrist joggling both sticks. Probably a cap on the speed for it. My Ps4 controller sticks are well worn for it.

For the last door anyway. Main factor there is just getting to the door fast to save some frames for the qte.

I remember this happening to me on the PS3 version back when it was first released. The worst part is that each time the AI decides to kill itself for no reason, you have to do the first 3 doors all over again. Absolutely shocking game design, to think that there are people on GAF actually that defend it's overuse of QTE's. 'RE4 has QTE's as well' they say, there are probably more QTE's in the prologue of RE6 than the entire first half of RE4.

Another example of this shit is when you are fighting Chris' final boss. You are 100% reliant on the partner AI to kill the fucker with his lightning, and half of the time he just stands there and does nothing.

I remember this happening to me on the PS3 version back when it was first released. The worst part is that each time the AI decides to kill itself for no reason, you have to do the first 3 doors all over again. Absolutely shocking game design, to think that there are people on GAF actually that defend it's overuse of QTE's. 'RE4 has QTE's as well they say', there are probably more QTE's in the prologue of RE6 than the entire first half of RE4.

Another example of this shit is when you are fighting Chris' final boss. You are 100% reliant on the partner AI to kill the fucker with his lightning, and half of the time he just stands there and does nothing.

I don't mind most of RE6's QTE and contextual action use. It's just moments like that coupled with other issues like reliance on shoddy A.I. that are problematic.

RE4 still has those damn boulder runs though. While the Krauser duel can be a pain due to its length, it's still sensible in design. The boulder moments however demands a ridiculous amount of mashing. All the modern RE titles have some poor QTE usage.

Edit: I hope there's more of a baseline on execution and effect of mechanics between modes in 7. It's a pain to being able to pull counters at ease in mercs, but a lot of well set up counters in the campaign fail/don't engage.

Mr_Zombie

Sliding into an enemy is also the best way to deal with Strelats (those lizard-like enemies). Sliding into them put them into a stun after which you can initiate a QTE combo that should kill them instantly.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
RE4 still has those damn boulder runs though. While the Krauser duel can be a pain due to its length, it's still sensible in design. The boulder moments however demands a ridiculous amount of mashing. All the modern RE titles have some poor QTE usage.

IIRC it has 3 of these in a 15-20 hour game, also in the 10-15 times I have played it, I failed these maybe once or twice. It really is no comparison to how often RE6 has you either twiddling sticks or mashing buttons.

I love sliding into enemies.

bDBjMnY.gif

Sliding into an enemy is also the best way to deal with Strelats (those lizard-like enemies). Sliding into them put them into a stun after which you can initiate a QTE combo that should kill them instantly.

Yep. Makes them fairly easy to beat even on No Hope.

Seyavesh

Reading some of these posts is weird. I can't think of a worse game I've played in the last few years.

haha, it's one of those kinda games where there is actually good behind that giant wall of crap that is the campaign but it's only there for folks who can be assed enough to suffer through that to play mercs a whole fuckton/folks who are the type to experiment with their options

a good campaign would teach you how to use the stuff you find in the game naturally by designing encounters that allow for good usage of them. RE6 just straight up never tells you anything about it's combat system and instead it just rains shitty setpieces or gimmick pieces nonstop on you so there's never really a place to actually play and experiment with the combat for any extended period of time. the difficulty in the campaign is so low that it's possible to just ram one's head against it over and over until you win too so there's not even an incentive within the game to actually learn it at that most basic level of progress

you actually can make piers shoot when you want to/just start shooting nonstop by using the target command (aim at an enemy, press partner button+forward/go) which is still unacceptable because the partner ai should be doing that shit 100% on the spot for stuff like that regardless of user input

also i swear you can actually press the face buttons on the controller alongside rotating both sticks to speed up those crappy stick roll type qtes but i'm not 100% on that- i might be getting it mixed up with dragon's dogma where you can 100% do that

Neiteio

Man, I'm replaying bits of Chris' campaigns to get blue medallions I missed, and my inner game designer wants to strip these campaigns bare and rebuild them to take advantage of the amazing mechanics.

The campaigns barely realizes their potential. It's glaringly obvious when you look at all the cool emergent moments that occur in Mercs where the maps are well-designed and the enemies/items are smartly deployed.

Also, the bits where the camera wrestles control away from you, forcing you to look at something while you're still awkwardly in control and subject to stage hazards, is just really backwards design.

RE6 is a game where I recommend it 100% for Mercs, especially at this price point, but where I'd advise newcomers to treat the campaigns as a secondary attraction — something to dabble in lightly, here and there, when you need a palate cleanser from Mercs.

The Mercs experience is hands down one of the best in videogames. Just pure nonstop entertainment.

Eh, like I said before, the campaigns have some really bullshit first-time player traps, as well as a lack of clarity regarding a lot of the mechanics as well as some of the set-pieces.

But after getting more familiar with them and knowing what to expect, they become a lot more enjoyable. Just Mercenaries alone couldn't keep me on the game for all that long.

The combat scenarios in the campaign are usually a bit more restrained in the ways they let you tackle them, opposed to Mercenaries where they just stick you into an open area and say "Have fun, go hog wild.", (While also not really making much use of the terrain in regards to combat, to be honest.) but in the end that just means you have to adjust your tactics for each individual encounter instead of just doing whatever, like in mercs, which isn't really a bad thing.

The biggest remaining issue of the campaigns imo is the amount of cutscenes, and barely interactive scripted events, Leon Chapter 4 and 5 consist almost entirely of these, which is why they're probably my least favorite chapters in the entire game.

Voliko

Man, I'm replaying bits of Chris' campaigns to get blue medallions I missed, and my inner game designer wants to strip these campaigns bare and rebuild them to take advantage of the amazing mechanics.

The campaigns barely realizes their potential. It's glaringly obvious when you look at all the cool emergent moments that occur in Mercs where the maps are well-designed and the enemies/items are smartly deployed.

Also, the bits where the camera wrestles control away from you, forcing you to look at something while you're still awkwardly in control and subject to stage hazards, is just really backwards design.

RE6 is a game where I recommend it 100% for Mercs, especially at this price point, but where I'd advise newcomers to treat the campaigns as a secondary attraction — something to dabble in lightly, here and there, when you need a palate cleanser from Mercs.

The Mercs experience is hands down one of the best in videogames. Just pure nonstop entertainment.

Worst part of the game so far for me, It's just stupid. I died on the prolouge when you have to run away from the giant explosion. OK, the camera is suddenly directly in front of me, do I press up to runaway? or down? WTF

Neiteio

Worst part of the game so far for me, It's just stupid. I died on the prolouge when you have to run away from the giant explosion. OK, the camera is suddenly directly in front of me, do I press up to runaway? or down? WTF
The prologue is just... I can't wrap my head around what they were thinking.

They over-explain the things that don't need to be explained ("push forward to move forward!") and somehow make even that restrictive (you push left and you -still- move forward). Then they don't explain the fun mechanics at all — nothing in the prologue about the diving, rolling and sliding that is pretty much essential to playing this game with any degree of style or elegance.

Then you have them constantly wrestling camera control away from you, often in life-or-death situations, which is just maddening when you want a coherent experience.

They really go out of their way to sour people at the start. The events of the prologue are fine in themselves, but the execution is way off the mark.

Better to start in Mercs and just experiment with the controls that way.

RSB

Banned
Eh, like I said before, the campaigns have some really bullshit first-time player traps, as well as a lack of clarity regarding a lot of the mechanics as well as some of the set-pieces.

But after getting more familiar with them and knowing what to expect, they become a lot more enjoyable. Just Mercenaries alone couldn't keep me on the game for all that long.
Agreed.

Even with all the awful design decisions, I still enjoy the Campaigns a lot, and most of my playtime in RE6 comes from them. Mercenaries is fun and all, but it's is not really my thing. Raid mode with RE6's mechanics would be awesome though (I would get addicted for sure)

kc44135

Are you fully rotating both sticks, or just wiggling them side to side? I find full rotations work better. Also, if you're playing on a higher difficulty, it might be making that part harder on you by reducing the time you have to complete it, because I was playing this part the other day on normal and didn't even see Ustanak break through any of the walls when I opened each of the doors. I'm not sure on that, though.

Are you fully rotating both sticks, or just wiggling them side to side? I find full rotations work better. Also, if you're playing on a higher difficulty, it might be making that part harder on you by reducing the time you have to complete it, because I was playing this part the other day on normal and didn't even see Ustanak break through any of the walls when I opened each of the doors. I'm not sure on that, though.

Did both rotations and wiggles. Single rotation of left stick with dominant palm was comparable to both but less taxing on the joints.

And yeah, normal was like that for me in the original release and have heard the same. Professional by far stretches it down to the wire, which would be an awesome tension setter if the A.I. didn't constantly flub.

gconsole

Just get this from PS Store. I only finished each campaign once on PS3 and never bother to replay any of them cause I didnt like it as much ( same reason with other people who dislike it )

- I enjoy the game a lot more this time only because last time I didnt realise about the game combat mechanic. I tried to play this game like RE4/5 which is quite a lot different in terms of control and combat design. I bet most of the people will try to replicate shoot then kick mechanic ( which doesnt seem to be the main point here ) , and it doesnt feel quite right. But only because this game doesnt seems to be design around that anymore.

- Still dont like the way enemy vaporize in this game as sometime it doesnt reflect my attack. There is no feel of the impact. There is absolutely no gore or the feel of enemy body part explode from my bullet.

- I play second character this time and wow it can be boring at certain point. Especially when the story design to split them and the focus is on the main character ( eg Helena in the building trying to help Leon/Ada fight Simmons ). I dont even need to do anything and actually just let my AI partner do it.

- Many times feel like the creator just saw COD and says hey lets do it. That game sold 100 millions. QTE + System wise.

- Still cant quite understand who is in the right mind to think that fighting Simmons 6 times is fun. Especially all the different transformation that doesnt even make any sense.

- I know it is game. But all the support character that only to show up for helping us and die. Without any meaning or even reason. Im talking about all the soldier in Leons campaign. It just feel to unreal when the game take itself very serious with all the story and setup.

- I still like the cutscene though. Very well done and enjoy to watch. Even though feel like RE5 has a bit more production value. Perhaps because this game is a lot bigger and less tight than the previous game.

Overall it is a fun game to play with friend. Unfortunately the best part of the game which is combat is not properly delegate to the player and the game design doesnt even force you to do any of that. So you can play it very dull and still get pass ( being too easy is part of the problem ). Im not surprise if many people feel the way they feel when this game release. The game try to change so much without even trying to tell people what change + weird design choice in many parts.

X-Factor

Mercenaries No Mercy and Mercenaries mode are fun to play.
The campaign is all over the place in quality and generally poorly paced.

The mutations are way over the top in this one.

I just finished Leon's campaign, that was a blast. The other campaigns must be really bad or I don't understand the reviews this game got at all.

The original release sits at 67-74 on metacritic right now and that's about right.

This is like one of the best 6/10 games ever. Great core gameplay surrounded incredibly mystifying game design.

Mercenaries and No Mercy Mercenaries are 10/10 though.

- Still dont like the way enemy vaporize in this game as sometime it doesnt reflect my attack. There is no feel of the impact. There is absolutely no gore or the feel of enemy body part explode from my bullet.

This hurts the shotguns SO much. You can still get some great reactions with guns when shooting enemies out of pouncing animations or tripping them, but there's really not enough dismemberment or knock back.

Just finished Ada's campaign last night. It was okay. I thought Chapter 2 was a little frustrating with the "talk to the speaker box repeatedly while being swarmed with enemies" part but otherwise I enjoyed her campaign for the most part. Moving on the Jake's campaign now.

I finished Leon and Chris' campaigns on the PS3 version but stopped there, so I decided to pick this version up and finish the other two before tackling Leon and Chris again so I can finally say I finished this game.

I never played Ada's campaign when I first had this on PS3 so I wasn't ready for that sequence, it was so damn annoying. I was too busy clearing out the enemies the first few times before I realized I was being an idiot.

Seyavesh

This hurts the shotguns SO much. You can still get some great reactions with guns when shooting enemies out of pouncing animations or tripping them, but there's really not enough dismemberment or knock back.

more than anything this is why i hate fighting zombies. i think they're really poorly designed enemies all around but that they made it so zombies don't have giant chunks taken out of them by shotgun blasts is like, almost criminal. they just get a slight chunk and melt away at best.

even worse, because of their awful ai/state checking even when you do manage to shotgun them out of a lunge or grab there's an extremely high chance for you to still take damage from a dead, partially invisible zombie which is really something else on the 'wow how did this happen' scale

on the plus side unloading shotgun blasts into crowds of j'avo is still really satisfying but that basically only happens in no mercy mercs

seriously re7 better have one shotgun-ass-shotgun. i wanna see l4d2 be put to shame with shotgun goring in it

Riposte

A tight well paced campaign with restrictive controls that encouraged accuracy more than reflexes. Creative monster designs, engaging boss fights with mostly different mechanics, constant escalations of threat, memorable side characters and enemies, actual creativity and ambition in creating a game that had never been made before. RE4 is a game that constantly tries and mostly succeeds in topping itself. The whole game is like that.

RE4 either created something new or took something from other games and made it better. RE6 did better tps controls and then said "fuck everything else" and just called it a day.

This is mostly a roundabout way of saying "RE4 - GUD, RE6 - BAD", and a lot of it can argued to various degrees (for example, I think this game has better/more creative enemies than RE4 - and no one would give a shit about the controls, or The Mercenaries, if that wasn't at least partly the case). Frankly, I've long grown tired of perspective-distorting RE4 evangelicalism, but that's besides the point. While it is true there were some fundamental combat system changes (especially when compared to RE5's conservatism), it's still a more similar game than not when looked at a wider context, that was my initial point. At best you can say it may not do these things well (and that's pretty much exactly what you are saying, the previously mentioned point aside), but the DNA of Modern RE is clearly here. Comparing this to any of the Uncharted games (or even The Last of Us) before RE4 or 5 is ridiculous.

While, it's tedious (and rather pointless) to argue whether a game is "ambitious" or not, but they've clearly were trying to do more than make a good set of controls. This game is trying to do a lot, and covers a lot, arguably to a flawed extent. You begin with this whole anti-RE4 spiel, when you really just mean to say it has a bad campaign, then back it up by bible-thumping, making RE4 sound like the Apollo 11 mission or something, for having a good campaign right around the time TPS were settling into a formula.

The combat scenarios in the campaign are usually a bit more restrained in the ways they let you tackle them, opposed to Mercenaries where they just stick you into an open area and say "Have fun, go hog wild.", (While also not really making much use of the terrain in regards to combat, to be honest.) but in the end that just means you have to adjust your tactics for each individual encounter instead of just doing whatever, like in mercs, which isn't really a bad thing.

The biggest remaining issue of the campaigns imo is the amount of cutscenes, and barely interactive scripted events, Leon Chapter 4 and 5 consist almost entirely of these, which is why they're probably my least favorite chapters in the entire game.

My own experience of replaying the campaigns (or jumping into random chapters co-oping with strangers) matches what you describe. I agree with your point on Mercenaries, but would also add one point in favor of the campaigns would be the hardest difficulties. Personally, I think chasing numeric scores once you've mastered the map is hopelessly boring and would rather play and replay the more dynamic and dangerous campaign, warts and all. (It's rare and rarer, but I also appreciate a good agent hunt opponent and campaign crossover.) In fact, Mercs' objective encourages set play that can become quite rote as you maximize time gains, not the best way to capture the spirit of the combat system; this factors even to the behavior to your partner, who you'd want to play as optimal as you are, whereas I like to play with people of all skill levels and experience, as another element in the equation. I do hope one day they can carry over the tension of the combo timer into a campaign of one of these games (and not just for some score system).

On an unrelated thought, I saw on twitter someone critiquing Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann's impression of Quantum Break. Basically, Jeff was "playing it wrong", making the game boring for him, and this person showed the example of playing it right. While it doesn't excuse either game entirely (I have yet to make my own estimation of QB), I thought it was funny how well this mirrored the situation of GB's Brad Shoemaker and RE6, 4 or so years ago.

Yeah as a fan of shotguns the RE6 ones are pretty terrible

That said, I've been having fun with Chris' story so far. I took a break from chapter 2, was surprised to see it just keep going after parts that seem like the end. Got to city hall with the awful rock lizard things and gave up for now. I'm pretty much out of ammo at the moment so it's a bit of a struggle lol

I have a pretty decent grasp of the controls now and I really dig the mechanics. I've started using the knife more which is pretty fun/useful. I just wish there was a more obvious sign that you're running out of stamina before the limping during recovery. Like a beeping alert or something when you're getting close, like F-Zero

Also there's times when I hit R2 at the prompt to stomp someone and the character just swings at the air instead, worst feeling

Yeah as a fan of shotguns the RE6 ones are pretty terrible

That said, I've been having fun with Chris' story so far. I took a break from chapter 2, was surprised to see it just keep going after parts that seem like the end. Got to city hall with the awful rock lizard things and gave up for now. I'm pretty much out of ammo at the moment so it's a bit of a struggle lol

If you mean these dudes:

KBhQQwV.png

Yeah, they're a bit of trouble if you have no ammo left at all. Not even grenades?

But if you're talking about these dudes:

HBHFtfa.jpg

Never ever waste ammo on them, all you have to do is slide into them once, and you can quickly finish them off with an (almost always) instant-kill melee prompt.

Seyavesh

there should be some shotgun shells and pistol ammo in the room with the nepads that you have to fight.

if you're absolutely out of options you can rely on the counter male chars have to the long range charge that strelats do- it lets you break their armor and start doing damage with your knife. quickstabs when they're stunned are especially good

edit:
actually shit i just remembered, the very first nepads you run into can't be countered. if you're on a higher difficulty and lacking ammo you might just want to take advantage of their friendly fire trait and have them kill each other until you can wear it down to one of 'em, in which case you can just break their back armor and unload on them with what you got left/circle around them and counterattack their weak point with the light stun melee prompt

Mr_Zombie

I agree with that. I enjoyed the campaign much more when I was playing as second characters, once I knew exactly how to play the game and what the game expects me to do in various sequences. For example, I remember struggling with Chris' and Leon's final boss on my first playthrough, because the game wasn't clear enough on what exactly should I do to them. I thought that it took me so long to took them down simply because they were bullet sponges, but it appeared there's a certain way you are supposed to fight them to kill them quickly.

- I play second character this time and wow it can be boring at certain point. Especially when the story design to split them and the focus is on the main character ( eg Helena in the building trying to help Leon/Ada fight Simmons ). I dont even need to do anything and actually just let my AI partner do it.

I think that's only a problem with Helena. There are many sequences where you are either doing nothing (the Simmons fight at the bridge, the car QTE that Leon does in the first chapter) or aren't really doing much (the whole sequence where you're carrying Deborah), while Leon does all the fun. But I don't remember having such problems with Sherry (in fact, I played through the whole Jake campaign with Sherry first) or Piers (if anything, he has a lot of sequences where he has to cover Chris from afar).

- I know it is game. But all the support character that only to show up for helping us and die. Without any meaning or even reason. Im talking about all the soldier in Leons campaign. It just feel to unreal when the game take itself very serious with all the story and setup.

At least in Chris' campaign dying BSAA members are recognized and are part of the Chris' arc ("With your track record, I gotta say, I’d hate to be a member of your team, Chris."). In Leon's campaign though, both civilians and soldiers that get near Leon die left and right and both Leon and Helena just shrug it off. The whole cathedral scenario is the worst case; if it wasn't for Leon and Helena, the people there would still live (at least long enough to be bombarded by the government). But Leon and Helena just had to open that sealed entrance and release Lepotica from the basement and after the fight, they don't even comment that.

Sherry is basically just a spectator during the showdown with Ustanak and her role during the bike chase is pretty useless too. (She gets a "Hug Jake" button prompt at least.)

The whole cathedral scenario is the worst case; if it wasn't for Leon and Helena, the people there would still live (at least long enough to be bombarded by the government). But Leon and Helena just had to open that sealed entrance and release Lepotica from the basement and after the fight, they don't even comment that.

The worst part about this is that the first person to bite it is the one dude who actually decided to help you and let you in.

Mr_Zombie

Sherry is basically just a spectator during the showdown with Ustanak and her role during the bike chase is pretty useless too. (She gets a "Hug Jake" button prompt at least.)

Right, I forgot about those.

During the bike chases you can at least shoot enemies down but, to be honest, I don't remember that affecting anything since a) it's really hard to aim and shooting them and b) they will respawn anyway.

Top Bottom