• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 for PS4 & XB1 |OT| Was it always this awesome?

Shifty

This thread made me go back and give Mercenaries a go on PC for the third time, and it's finally clicked.

First time I was burned out from the horrendous campaigns, second time I hit a skill ceiling and never unlocked anything past Mining the Depths, but this time it's clicked and I'm getting S ranks left and right.
Protip: Use the default reticle. The laser sight may have been the best thing in RE4/5, but it's garbage here. Makes it unnecessarily difficult to control your recoil.

This (specific part of the) game is god-tier. Fucking god-tier.

Mining the Depths 2450k with BSAA Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-w526pO0jM

Fucked up in the end. Could have been 25+ minutes left.

Is that new/custom music for the PS4/XBO versions? The one I'm playing only has That One Dance Track and nothing else for Mercs.

Neff

Is the last door qte glitched for Jake 2-3?

Even using both sticks I can't do it fast enough.

Just remember that you're timed for the full set of doors, from the moment you leave Ustanak's cave. If you dawdle on one, you lose time on the next. Move from one to the other without stopping and you'll have enough time to do it.

Curufinwe

Sherry stands there and shoots him instead of going thru the open door

I even restarted and used the Breakout skill and it's still impossible

Sherry stands there and shoots him instead of going thru the open door

I even restarted and used the Breakout skill and it's still impossible

I don't have the PS4 Remaster, so I'm not sure if this is in fact a glitch introduced in this version, seeing as several people have issues with this, but normally you should be fast enough, so that you never even see him break through any of the doors. If he's there for Sherry to shoot, maybe you're still just too slow.

Dreamer RD

MTD was one of my favorite stages in regular Mercs back on the PS3 but on No Mercy it's one of my least favorites. The dogs just fuck with you so hard.

Wanna try DUO high scores?

Dogs + Shriekers + Dynamite = restart.
Add me if you want but I never played RE6 duo seriously. I (am) was RE5 addict. Waiting for PS4 ver to dominate ship deck again and observe Jill's ass in glorious 1080p60 haha.

Dogs + Shriekers + Dynamite = restart.
Add me if you want but I never played RE6 duo seriously. I (am) was RE5 addict. Waiting for PS4 ver to dominate ship deck again and observe Jill's ass in glorious 1080p60 haha.
Whats your ID?

I never learned the stages layout etc on RE5 only PA and Village. So I'm looking forward to rediscovering and learning them on PS4 as it's one of my favorite games. And lord yes, cant wait for Jill in high resolution goodness!

If you mean these dudes:

KBhQQwV.png

Yeah, they're a bit of trouble if you have no ammo left at all. Not even grenades?

But if you're talking about these dudes:

HBHFtfa.jpg

Never ever waste ammo on them, all you have to do is slide into them once, and you can quickly finish them off with an (almost always) instant-kill melee prompt.
Yeah the first one. I get the idea, blast off shell to expose gummy center, pretty annoying though. Feels like you aren't really doing anything until skin decides to fall off

Can anyone let me know if both players unlock trophies during couch co-op/splitscreen play on the PS4?

This was a problem on the PS3 RE games and was even still an issue with Revelations 2 on PS4.

My wife and I like to play together but we hate when only one player gets trophies.

Linkyn

So, after playing REmake, RE4 and RE5 over the last two weeks, I thought I'd give 6 another try, but after 2-3 hours, it just really makes me feel that I could be playing a different game, instead. Maybe I need more time for the different combat system to click, but I can't really be bothered right now.

Shauni

I bumped down to Easy for the Ada campaign. It feels like her stuff is more difficult than the other campaigns.

I think the lack of a partner, at least playing solo, makes her stuff harder. The AI blends so much into the background in the other campaigns, you don't realize how much they actually can help you in fire fights.

So, after playing REmake, RE4 and RE5 over the last two weeks, I thought I'd give 6 another try, but after 2-3 hours, it just really makes me feel that I could be playing a different game, instead. Maybe I need more time for the different combat system to click, but I can't really be bothered right now.

My import copy just arrived, I've never been into RE6 and wanted to give it another shot as I'll be collecting all RE games on PS4. It still isn't clicking with me. The pacing seems relentless, there are far too many quick time events, the combat doesn't feel as enjoyable as RE4 or 5 and I'm just not really feeling it. I'm forcing myself to push ahead hoping that something will bring me to like it soon.

Linkyn

My import copy just arrived, I've never been into RE6 and wanted to give it another shot as I'll be collecting all RE games on PS4. It still isn't clicking with me. The pacing seems relentless, there are far too many quick time events, the combat doesn't feel as enjoyable as RE4 or 5 and I'm just not really feeling it. I'm forcing myself to push ahead hoping that something will bring me to like it soon.

This is pretty apt, and probably my biggest complaint. I know that the game is supposed to be survival horror, so I don't exactly expect it to go easy on me, but I miss being able to catch my breath from time to time and just take in the scenery or process the story. Much of the difficulty seems to stem from the game just shoving a lot in your face and trying to overwhelm you, which is disappointing for a series that once excelled at making very few enemies feel very imposing. Never mind the fact that the game is almost always so dark that I can't see what the hell is going on.

I don't mind being challenged or feeling scared, but this constant pressure is just stressful, which ultimately makes it feel annoying.

Shauni

I've never had a problem with a single QTE sequence in this game, either this version or the original on 360. I really have no idea what people are talking about, they're all very simple...

Riposte

This reminds me of the Ada car chase in Chris's campaign. Playing it on PS3 a while back I had a glitch and it was just WAY too hard for some reason.
I don't know about PS3, but I had a major issue on that part with my PS3 controller on Steam, because the triggers weren't being read as fully pressed in. Guessing it was an issue between the custom drivers and 360 based controller.

Just tried no mercy for the first time.

Absolutely brilliant. Played mercs to death on PS3 but never a decent pc so playing this mode has been a great. Getting 300 combos is tense and getting overwhelmed makes for some incredibly tense game play.

Shame the game seems really inactive. Had a really cool session with a random and got s ranks every time.

I don't know about PS3, but I had a major issue on that part with my PS3 controller on Steam, because the triggers weren't being read as fully pressed in. Guessing it was an issue between the custom drivers and 360 based controller.

This shit happened to me on PC with pad and I had no idea it was a damn glitch, was stuck so long.
Yuuuuuup. It was a controller issue. Drove me completely nuts.

Eylos

Banned
i feel is kinda late to say that, but i loved this game. Yeah its stupid and annoying in some parts, but i played splitscreen and i had a lot of fun, i'm confused about all the hate this game have

LaNaranja

Yeah the first one. I get the idea, blast off shell to expose gummy center, pretty annoying though. Feels like you aren't really doing anything until skin decides to fall off

When they run at you you can counter them same as a dog or a bloodshot.

Shame the game seems really inactive. Had a really cool session with a random and got s ranks every time.

It is pretty strange. I remember playing RE5 regularly right up until RE6 released and all the modes were active. Splitting up vanilla Mercenaries and No Mercy players was a mistake, they should have made them share the same rooms.

danmaku

This is pretty apt, and probably my biggest complaint. I know that the game is supposed to be survival horror, so I don't exactly expect it to go easy on me, but I miss being able to catch my breath from time to time and just take in the scenery or process the story. Much of the difficulty seems to stem from the game just shoving a lot in your face and trying to overwhelm you, which is disappointing for a series that once excelled at making very few enemies feel very imposing. Never mind the fact that the game is almost always so dark that I can't see what the hell is going on.

I don't mind being challenged or feeling scared, but this constant pressure is just stressful, which ultimately makes it feel annoying.

Wow, some people still believe that after 4 and 5? RE6 is an action game with a horror theme, it only tries to be scary in Leon's campaign and fails miserably at that. On the other hand, I like the relentless pacing of the game. There's rarely a dull moment, and it fits the action-oriented design of the game.

Curufinwe

I'm not a fan of the weapon select being one long list you have to scroll thru. It's OK if you only have a few weapons, but when you have six or seven it's not good.

Zambatoh

I'm not a fan of the weapon select being one long list you have to scroll thru. It's OK if you only have a few weapons, but when you have six or seven it's not good.

I disagree. This is something I really missed from the shooters of yore. It used to be a standard feature being able to switch between a dozen or so weapons until they started forcing the 2-4 weapon limitation on us.
A lot of modern shooters just feel so dull because of it.

I disagree. This is something I really missed from the shooters of yore. It used to be a standard feature being able to switch between a dozen or so weapons until they started forcing the 2-4 weapon limitation on us.
A lot of modern shooters just feel so dull because of it.

Having a bunch of weapons isn't the problem, it's scrolling through them one at a time in a left/right list.

BadWolf

Really?, I mean, the 3D model is great but they completly destroyed her, she was like 100 times better in RE4, design, voice, everything.

She was much better in RE6 all around, especially the design.

(imo)

Having a bunch of weapons isn't the problem, it's scrolling through them one at a time in a left/right list.

You could rearrange the placement iirc, just group your most used weapons together and you won't need to do more than a tap or two most of the time.

Nemesis_

Really?, I mean, the 3D model is great but they completly destroyed her, she was like 100 times better in RE4, design, voice, everything.

The only thing I really don't like about her was her voice. It was close but not the same as Sally Cahill. Her design is fine - slightly more practical than her Separate Ways dress (barring the tight as fuck PVC pants) yet still characteristically Ada.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Finally had some time to play for a while, man, I am just bad at this. I keep flopping on my back when I don't mean to. The movement also feels sort of lurchy/sloshy....

The performance on PS4 is really great, though.

Top Bottom