• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 rated for PS4 and Xbox One in Korea

Manu

2004, Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 came out in 2004, and while that has online, I consider that true to the classic Resident Evils. It's quite good.

And I hope the rumors that a Resident Evil Outbreak HD is happening, along with the RE6 HD thing.

Yeah, I meant classic mainline.

But then again, the Outbreak 2 director directed RE6, so he seems to be on board with action RE too lol

Nerrel

The half-steps they took with action combat in RE4 and RE5 didn't do them any favors. They finally wholly embraced that the franchise is now an action game. I will never understand the vitriol that the game gets.

Yeah, RE4 didn't go over well with anyone.
The problem with the game wasn't the action oriented controls on their own. They were actually very good once you adapted to them. It was that Capcom stretched themselves thin and none of the campaigns are particularly compelling or focused. The level design is boring and shitty, and the visuals are overall a step down from RE5. It doesn't feel like the big-budget, first rate production RE5 was, even though it was probably the more expensive game.

I know some people disagree, but the combat was also pretty awful. Zombies barely have any feedback when shooting them- your bullets go right through with a dull thud and no reaction- which makes fighting them totally unsatisfying. You often can't even tell when you've killed one, since they often keep walking towards you before disintegrating on their own, leading to wasted ammo. I can't imagine a way to make zombies any less fun to shoot; they pretty much found every way to make it suck. The j'avo get really annoying to fight pretty early on with their constant mutations and bulletproof shells, and the fact that the entire game is pretty much gunfights with these quasi-zombies is really unappealing. Zombies with guns was the low point of RE5, but at least it was during the climactic section of the game. In RE6, it's like that segment was stretched out to cover 2 1/2 entire campaigns, with very little change in tone or pace.

For all the emphasis on shooting and cover, there's not that much ammo and I often end up resorting to melee to take enemies or even bosses out. I know a melee/combo emphasis is what Capcom wanted, but it just makes things take much longer to have to run around karate chopping everything to death. Somehow, the inventory still manages to fill up to the point where you can't pick anything up even when barely have your guns loaded. The health system is a colossal fuck up and it's not even possible to guess what Capcom was going for by making it so tedious and convoluted. I'm aware of the herb mixing shortcuts, it still really sucks.

A few people mentioned the repeating fights across multiple campaigns, but the bigger problem is that some of these fights were clearly designed around one character's campaign and the others are just afterthoughts. Fighting the rooftop chopper in Chris' campaign wasn't much fun, but it functioned. On Jake's campaign, you have to for some reason fight the same chopper from the fucking ground, where you can barely see or target it, making an already weak fight an absolute chore. Why?

The whole game is just a fucking mess. It's extremely linear and uninteresting, and you're basically just running through a gauntlet of quick time event cutscenes and repetitive j'avo fights. Leon's campaign is the only one I actually enjoyed playing, and even that has some real lulls that make it hard to finish (the entire underground cavern sequence is garbage). Chris's game felt like an extension of RE5 that went further into militarized shooter territory and was generally not fun to play, although it did have the best storyline. Jake's campaign was the pinnacle of everything bad about the game. Tons of QTEs, action movie wannabe bullshit, constant explosions, all of it. At times it felt like High Voltage Software developed a RE game using ideas from Call of Duty.

Even the co-op wasn't that fun. I had a great time playing RE5 co-op, but RE6 was so frustrating and tedious I couldn't get anyone to finish a single campaign with me.

I assume Capcom's original intent was to make one game that would satisfy all their fans, but they never delivered the horror with any of the campaigns. They're all straightforward action games with no puzzle solving or atmosphere whatsoever. I get the appeal of the fast and fluid controls and they're a lot of fun to use, but the game that's built around them is just terrible. Even the mercenaries wasn't fun thanks to the enemy/level design problems I mentioned.

why cant they just remake 4 for this gen?
You're in luck: http://www.re4hd.com/

In an effort to not encourage Capcom with this type of game I double-dipped on REmake for the PC and will be ignoring this completely.

if they include RE4/5/6/Revelations and it's 1080p/60fps then i'mma double dip
in some cases triple or quadruple dip =(

they would need to combine both mercenaries modes in RE5 too, never understood why there were 2 with different characters

Sadly I don't agree on anything you said and to be honest Resident evil is no "frustrating or tedious" if you truly know how to play the game. A.I was completely changed from RE5 and never didn't depend on you for anything.

Bergerac

Yes it is.

I'm saying that the change in the game's direction is what's drastic, the reaction from some people to what was now the series' direction was only natural. Obviously RE6 isn't anything like RE0-3/CV, but if you look at it like I have, RE6, whilst it has the action pacing of 4-5, is a step beyond them in core mechanics.

Why? 5 was the most action packed RE up to that point, and it was Capcom's best selling game ever. It only made sense commercially to go deeper with the action route.

I would agree with that if I was thinking from Capcom's perspective but you still need ammo in RE5 for basic enemies. That the ammo is everywhere, like it is in RE4 or 5, is not the same as something like Jake's campaign.

RE4 and 5 (especially 5) had already changed up the gameplay to the point where the encounter and enemy design were at odds with the "survival" gameplay. From there, you had two options: either go back to the classic gameplay, or make it a full action game. Considering the success of 5, it's not hard to figure out why 6 turned out like this.

Of course they had, but you still need ammo in RE4 and 5. Enemies are dropping it everywhere changed the pacing completely, but it didn't go so far as to become this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYXXPc1zz6M

The last "classic" RE came out in 2002. RE6 came out 10 years later.

Give me a fucking break.

What's your point? Why does the amount of time matter? That's like saying by all rights, the upcoming DOOM could and might as well be a stealth game. I'm sure that would similarly go down a treat. They already didn't like when it changed pace in 3.

Pretty surreal to hear this from someone who claims that an OTS viewpoint better suits what RE 'is about' than fixed camera angles.

That's because camera perspective doesn't change the actual core mechanics of the game - the fact that you need ammo to get past said enemies and that enemies are often unseen. If implemented, it would actually improve both of those elements. Say RE went with OTS and, more specifically, free aim. With the game now being free aim, you'd have to put more realistic limitations on ammo pickups, naturally. That can only be a good thing.

Now say you're in a situation where you only have a few handgun bullets, there's a zombie in a corridor you need to get by. Say the free aim allows for realistic (by lore) targeting - i.e. aim for the head, kill it - but hit the zombie in the jaw, you've messed up (along with obvious screw ups like wasting shots on the torso). You could have pistol headshots to thebrain 'kill' a zombie but because it's not absolute destruction of the brain, Crimson Head status could potentially still occur. You could make the decision to shoot it further when downed and decimate its head, risk/reward, if you have the ammo. Or maybe you're carrying the knife. Or dare come back with fuel to burn it later. Or you have a shotgun and then you're probably ok to get a headshot... but now all of a sudden multiple shotgun headshots is a lot trickier than it was in old RE. Maybe, going back to the pistol, you feel you've only enough ammo to hit the zombie in a leg joint (like that nice pop you can get in REmake when you knee cap a zombie) - knee or ankle, to drop it to the floor and rush past. Better make sure you hit it in the knee.

The ammo situation could become even more pivotal if only people would apply imagination. There's an entire meta game to be had with ammo and free aim. It's... John McClane finding he has two pistol bullets left at the end and having to come up with a plan.

I'd rather the involved decision making that would come with free aim than auto/360 aim that allows you only High, Mid or Low attacks. There's more that can be done with the combat in a survival influenced RE and make every bullet truly count. The key is to keep it slow paced which can easily be done. A polished, Capcom developed version of the RE2 Reborn fan project that got cancelled not too long ago could add so many more dynamics. That would be a worthwhile remake because the ammo situation would be more involved if anything, it'd be a purer form, a refinement of what the game already was.

As for unseen enemies, I've already explained that OTS is ironically a much more limited perspective of what's around you but there are so many things that can be done with what's behind you and what's around blind corners that you can't see. Static camera gives you a 360 perspective of your player character, you can see if something's behind you and they have to pace it to accommodate the static camera which leads to waiting for enemies to appear onscreen. Furthermore, as was posted in that document in the other thread, Mikami's original intention was to go first person because of its potential for unseen enemies and that static angles were resorted to due to technical limitations of the time. In which case, that's the end of the argument. If the man himself thought a first person perspective was ideal for hiding enemies away I don't need to justify reaching similar conclusions any more.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Sadly I don't agree on anything you said and to be honest Resident evil is no "frustrating or tedious" if you truly know how to play the game. A.I was completely changed from RE5 and never didn't depend on you for anything.

It was incredibly frustrating and tedious when you were forced into QTE's every 5 seconds, the game just kept taking control away from you. I actually thought that game was going to break my Dualshock 3

I know some people disagree, but the combat was also pretty awful. Zombies barely have any feedback when shooting them- your bullets go right through with a dull thud and no reaction- which makes fighting them totally unsatisfying.

RE6 has some of the most satisfying hit reactions in any shooter.
flip.gif

ifor1FGDTaeqT.gif

GrLfAmW.gif

The j'avo get really annoying to fight pretty early on with their constant mutations and bulletproof shells, and the fact that the entire game is pretty much gunfights with these quasi-zombies is really unappealing.

Annoying? The J'avo make every fight interesting due to those mutations. In an era where shooters come out with so few enemy types that you can count them on one hand we have a faction in RE6 where every random footsoldier can mutate in so many different ways to change up the fight. It's insane how much variety the J'avo add due to their mutations.

For all the emphasis on shooting and cover, there's not that much ammo and I often end up resorting to melee to take enemies or even bosses out. I know a melee/combo emphasis is what Capcom wanted, but it just makes things take much longer to have to run around karate chopping everything to death.

If you are running out of ammo it means you are sitting behind cover and taking potshots like it is a cover shooter, when it isn't. The mobility in the game wants you to be up in their faces dodging attacks and using the guns to set up melee attacks. It's a shooter/brawler hybrid, not a sit behind cover shooter. Sadly lots of people think just because there is a cover system that you have to use it all the time. I would only ever take cover against the heavy LMG enemies and even that only on No Hope difficulty, and there's still not that many of them in the campaigns.

Bergerac

If you are running out of ammo it means you are sitting behind cover and taking potshots like it is a cover shooter, when it isn't. The mobility in the game wants you to be up in their faces dodging attacks and using the guns to set up melee attacks. It's a shooter/brawler hybrid

Yup, unlike RE4/5.

flip.gif

ifor1FGDTaeqT.gif

GrLfAmW.gif

Annoying? The J'avo make every fight interesting due to those mutations. In an era where shooters come out with so few enemy types that you can count them on one hand we have a faction in RE6 where every random footsoldier can mutate in so many different ways to change up the fight. It's insane how much variety the J'avo add due to their mutations.

If you are running out of ammo it means you are sitting behind cover and taking potshots like it is a cover shooter, when it isn't. The mobility in the game wants you to be up in their faces dodging attacks and using the guns to set up melee attacks. It's a shooter/brawler hybrid, not a sit behind cover shooter. Sadly lots of people think just because there is a cover system that you have to use it all the time. I would only ever take cover against the heavy LMG enemies and even that only on No Hope difficulty, and there's still not that many of them in the campaigns.

^ This guy knows what's up
dhMeAzKh.jpg

( Anyone who has played no hope, will go ah, I finally get it, and will probably be forced to learn how to play the game) note: I strongly believe that if you simply beat the game on normal, it does not mean you know how to actually play resident evil 6.Also, I highly recommend mercenary modes.

cbrun44

I'm so confused about the love this port is getting in this thread. Wasn't RE6 generally panned on release?

Is it actually a good game in hindsight?

I'm so confused about the love this port is getting in this thread. Wasn't RE6 generally panned on release?

If you can get into it's combat system (which the game actively tries to prevent you from learning) there is a lot of really awesome stuff in the game. Especially if you play the patched version on PC where the better frame rate and much improved FOV do wonders for the game. The original console release was patched for FOV as well but the framerate wasn't ideal.

I hope they improve the textures at least,they are terrible even by ps3/x360 standards.

Yes! Improved textures would be enough to get me to double dip. Otherwise I'll stick with the original PC release.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

It was always good. Game was unjustly shit on... anti-hype isn't uncommon where for whatever reason some title gets its two minutes of hate and then down the line, after the storm settles and preconceived ideas fade, people come around with a more open mind, able to appreciate what might actually be good about it.... instead of "omfg QTEs omfg". Actually there are some very fair and reasonable criticism of RE6 but the hate parade at launch was anything but.

FFXII is another good example of late bloomer winning hearts and minds after the floodwaters receded.

Nerrel

I know how to play, that's not the problem. Like I said- the controls are really fluid. It's frustrating and tedious because it's just flat out not fun to play.

Here's an example- You reach the streets on Leon's campaign and it looks just like classic Racoon City. Then, instead of actually exploring the area or having any fun on your own, you're forced by pre-scripted car crashes into an incredibly straight linear line and taken right back off the streets. It may as well be an on rails game. There are no genuine moments of autonomy; Capcom is deciding what you're going to see, where you're going to go, and how you're going to get there.

The whole game plays out like that. They never let you find your own gameplay, it's constantly pushing you forward with scripted events and set pieces. Even a game as linear and action oriented as RE4 had plenty of moments of atmospheric quiet where you were allowed to explore at your own pace.

The partner AI was a big improvement. That's one of the things the game got right. It doesn't really amount to much against the horrible game design, though.

We'll have to disagree on the hit reactions. I'll say that it's much better on the other enemies than the zombies, but I hate how bullets usually pass through them with no indication of a hit other than that sickening thud sound. It feels like a big regression from the kind of detailed hit reactions RE4 introduced to the series, where every shot got a distinct effect on the enemy.

I never viewed the j'avo as different enemies. I viewed them as a variation on a single enemy type, one that I wasn't impressed with at the beginning of the game and was very tired of by the end. You have to shoot this crustacean monster in a different place than the last one, or break this one's defense with a melee attack, got it... exciting.

I never actually used the cover, except in rare cases when there were multiple shooters and running and gunning would result in an immediate hit. I play just the way you described; getting right in their faces and blasting, taking advantage of melee when the chance comes up. I didn't find any of it to be much fun, especially not when you're going up against a horde of enemies while endlessly respawning snipers keep taking pot shots that will knock you flat on your ass with each hit. I think I understand what the appeal is supposed to be- it's building on the chaos of moments like the early village or house siege in RE4 and giving you a much faster, more agile control scheme to let you take on more enemies and faster than ever. I get it. But I don't think any of the encounters area actually well designed, and the pacing doesn't really make any of the fights stand out from one another. It felt like a giant, tedious slog to get through all 4 campaigns.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think Resident Evil 6 has an uneven quality campaign. There's some parts I love in it, and other parts I loathe. Given I find everyone thinks differently of what parts they liked and disliked.

My favorite parts of each campaign personally, gameplay spoilers obviously;

Leon's Campaign: Chapter 4. All of it. I like the plane segment, the Ustanak fight, the Meat Market, the laser sequence, and the first Simmons fight.

Chris' Campaign: Also Chapter 4. XD I love the first hanger area with the planes (lots of back and forth, raising craziness, combat scenarios), exploring the ship hull, my favorite part is the part with the regenerating monsters in the crew quarters, and then the Ace Combat/planting explosive following sections.

Jake's Campaign: Favorite part is Chapter 3 of Jake's campaign. I like the two different Jake/Sherry scenarios at the start with some light stealth, and I really like the Chinese Mansion part where you explore and collect medals.

Ada's Campaign: Tie between her Chapter 1, which has some fun small puzzles, exploration, tough scenarios in a submarine, and the end of Chapter 4, where you fight your melting deformed clone taking over things in a disgustingly fun way.

I will agree they don't compare to some of the highs and the game could do with better design, but I thought the campaign had ups and downs.

Neff

That's because camera perspective doesn't change the actual core mechanics of the game - the fact that you need ammo to get past said enemies and that enemies are often unseen.

Actually it does, because in classic RE, enemies can be obscured literally while you're fighting them. It's one of the few games to ever do this deliberately, and it adds a lot to what made those games special. Sure, some people found it annoying, but hey.

Now say you're in a situation where you only have a few handgun bullets, there's a zombie in a corridor you need to get by.

You can run past 99% of zombies in classic RE if you're skilled enough, and even a fair quotient of Ganado/Majini so long as there's no requirement for killing them. Of course, Capcom could engineer the game so that enemies can't be encountered without killing them, but that would contradict one of the basic concepts of the series from game one - the decision to evade enemies (not flee) is the absolute zenith of risk/reward in the series, being that you get to advance, save time, and save ammo all at once, but it requires a higher degree of skill than fighting foes does.

The ammo situation could become even more pivotal if only people would apply imagination. There's an entire meta game to be had with ammo and free aim. It's... John McClane finding he has two pistol bullets left at the end and having to come up with a plan.

I see where you're coming from, but it's not like RE ever lets you get that low on ammo enough for such a situation to be relevant, at least not frequently, and nor should it. There's already enough 'meta' in place with gun/ammo types matching favourably/unfavourably against enemy types in the series to make ammo management both important and satisfying.

RE6 is an amazing game. The problem is it is also four other games at the same time and those four games suck.

And all the games are mixed together in a random order.

OniBaka

Game is super fun when you know the mechanics. Countering something feels very satisfying and putting down c4 while sliding.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That'd be pretty sick. I enjoyed it a good bit on PS3 despite the unevenness, but I'd love to play it on console at 60fps if possible. If they tune it up and take care of some of the major annoyances, then all the better.

Mr_Zombie

Yup, unlike RE4/5.

But the best strategy in RE4/RE5 was also to shoot enemy in the leg, arm, head and then do a melee attack (kick/supplex in RE4, a lot of different attacks in RE5). RE6 just moves the idea even further.

I never viewed the j'avo as different enemies. I viewed them as a variation on a single enemy type, one that I wasn't impressed with at the beginning of the game and was very tired of by the end. You have to shoot this crustacean monster in a different place than the last one, or break this one's defense with a melee attack, got it... exciting.

How can you view them as a variation of a single type? There are so many different mutations, that can completely change their attack patterns, weak points and mobility. You have pre-mutations J'avo, that moves like a normal human and has either melee or gun attacks. Then you have:
- Glava-Sluz that can shoot sticky webbing that can constrain the player
- Glava-Smech that can one-hit kill you with its "mouth"
- Glava-Begunats that goes into berserk mode
- Glava-Dim that emits poisonous gas
- Ruka-Srp with its long arm
- Ruka-Khvatanje, with its rubberry arm that can grab you from a long distance
- Ruka-Bedem that can turn its arm into a shield
- Noga-Trchanje, whose lower body turns into spider-like one so they move close to floor
- Noga-Let - winged J'avo, that can fly high in the air
- Noga-Skakanje, whose lower body turns into a the ones of a grasshopper; it allows it to jump high and kick you; also, the main body is above your head
- Noga-Oklap, with mutated, armored legs that allow it to perform powerful jumping kicks
- Telo-Eksplozija - basically walking time bombs
- Telo-Krljusht, with armored torso

And some of those mutations can even mix, so you can have e.g. a shielded J'avo with rubber arm.
It's a lot better than what your ordinary shooter can provide you with its human enemies equipped with different weapons and (maybe) armors.

Yeah, RE4 didn't go over well with anyone.
Zombies barely have any feedback when shooting them- your bullets go right through with a dull thud and no reaction- which makes fighting them totally unsatisfying.

That's... not really the truth. Aside from visible damage (blood, holes in the body, shot away limbs and parts of head), zombies react (i.e. move, stagger) to shooting them in the head, arms and legs.

It's a gem hidden in a mount of shit. The game's quality is all over the place, with high points being really high and low points - really low. The game should spent at least another few months in the oven, with some of the content cut or at least redid.

Reebot

Pointing out this game's flaws is like telling a room of kids Santa doesn't exist.

Some get it, some want you to say more, and some just can't bear the truth.

But I'd still probably rebuy if they fix those incredibly shit textures. Wasn't the deal that they allocated a ton of power to the lighting and had to dramatically cut down on just about everything else? I remember reading something like that. Whatever reason, end result is a game that looks markedly worse than the previous title.

If they want to do something special this year to celebrate the anniversary they should release a pack with 4, 5 and 6 and make one big multiplayer online mode with content and characters from the 3 games. Releasing only 6 makes no sense to me.

Reebot

I also wish they would ditch the time limit on mercs and give a more straightforward horde mode. Once you figure out how to chain melee animations there's no point to doing anything else the vast majority of the time since the rewards are just too great.

I just want to enjoy the combat without all this terrible design shit bogging it down.

RSB

Banned
I also wish they would ditch the time limit on mercs and give a more straightforward horde mode. Once you figure out how to chain melee animations there's no point to doing anything else the vast majority of the time since the rewards are just too great.

I just want to enjoy the combat without all this terrible design shit bogging it down.
No need to ditch the time limit, just make another variant called Mercenaries Survival or something like that. It would be a cool addition for sure.

Yeah, keep the time limit for those who want it I suppose.

Some kind of create-your-own-mess horde mode would be great. Pick a map, enemies you want, etc. and boom - you've got greatness.
Agreed.

Reebot

No need to ditch the time limit, just make another variant called Mercenaries Survival or something like that. It would be a cool addition for sure.

Yeah, keep the time limit for those who want it I suppose.

Some kind of create-your-own-mess horde mode would be great. Pick a map, enemies you want, etc. and boom - you've got greatness.

Replicant

Eh, whiners will always scream louder than people who like it.

For what is worth, it's the only RE I ever bother to platinum. I really like the gameplay and some of the pairings (Jake/Sherry, Chris/Piers) really work and have genuine chemistry.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also, one thing worth mentioning I just realized has not been mentioned, it sounds like Capcom has some big thing planned for March 22nd for Resident Evil. That's the 20th anniversary date for Resident Evil, so sensible, but the new article mentioned RE6 HD Remaster was going to be unveiled on that date. However, that sounds like a weird date just to announce RE6 HD Remaster.

I'm going to take a swing and guess we'll be seeing other RE stuff on that day as well. Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if announce RE7 then and maybe show a teaser for REmake 2 (I wouldn't think this, but the guys who made Resident Evil 2 Reborn who saw REmake 2 say there's excited for several things, and suspect one of the things we may see very soon a few months ago).

SirBaron

Banned
I would rather watch paint dry than play 5 or 6, co-op made it semi fun, but they are abominations as far as resident evil is concerned.

Neff

There's nothing straight up bad about the game imo, but there's a general slapdash feel to much of it. The visuals are incredibly inconsistent, looking like some of the best of last gen one minute and a Wii game the next. There's a lot of content, but it's not all winning, and there's some recycling with the same encounters thrown at different characters. The game is poor at communicating what your combat options are, let alone how or when they're viable, and an inexperienced player can easily feel frustrated by the game.

What it's good at though, it's really really good at. When it shines, it's just about one of the most satisfying, exciting action games ever made imo.

I'm going to take a swing and guess we'll be seeing other RE stuff on that day as well. Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if announce RE7 then and maybe show a teaser for REmake 2 (I wouldn't think this, but the guys who made Resident Evil 2 Reborn who saw REmake 2 say there's excited for several things, and suspect one of the things we may see very soon a few months ago).

I'd say several reveals around that time are a pretty safe bet.

why skip 5? it's better.

At a guess I'd wager they want to give the game another chance after much of the hate has since subsided and the truth has shyly emerged that it's actually pretty good.

Unai

Just make the mercenaries hd already Capcom. pls.

None of this Umbrella corps crap. Or a modern collection. Or both.

Or RE6 with characters from RE5/4.

You know, I would play the shit out a Mercenaries HD with 6 gameplay and the 3DS leve progression, plus voice chat.

Never got around to RE6, I'll give this a try if it's not a full price release. Maybe they'll fix some of the not so good parts as well

Game has some pacing issues in the campaigns but the combat mechanics are fantastic. One of those games where I was really confused by the negative reactions, felt like mI had played a different game to reviewers.

I guess the game could have done a better job of explaining itself. People hate figuring things out on their own.

I'd be down for this. Enjoyed RE6 more than I thought I would and Mercenaries was great. The main flaw was the pacing, it was all over the place, too much bloat. But enough time has passed that I'd like to play RE6 again, enjoyed it more than I thought I would and the controls - surprisingly - are really good for a third-person action game once you learn the intricacies.

GrayChild

Gold Member
I believe RE6 is one of the games people start to appreciate more as the time goes by. It still has some mediocre moments, each of the 4 campaigns needs to be trimmed down, and it does not feel like RE game at all, but it was still fun, memorable and worthy experience. And there is nothing quite like it.

SomTervo

Never got around to RE6, I'll give this a try if it's not a full price release. Maybe they'll fix some of the not so good parts as well

It's a really great action game, up there with the best. Resident Evil in tone if not gameplay. The campaigns have as many great highs as they have mediocre lows.

The issues almost definitely won't get fixed with any subsequent versions though - the problems were mainly in the high-level level design and pacing, which you can't fix with iterated releases.

They're not going to get rid of the best co-op splitscreen technique in existence, sorry.

WHYYYYYYYYY

It's a really great action game, up there with the best. Resident Evil in tone if not gameplay. The campaigns have as many great highs as they have mediocre lows.

The issues almost definitely won't get fixed with any subsequent versions though - the problems were mainly in the high-level level design and pacing, which you can't fix with iterated releases.

Maybe they'll at least add some tutorials or training stages so we don't need GAF threads telling us how to actually play the damn game :D

Jawmuncher

I hope this re-release does include some fixes. Cut out the prologue tutorial, it sucked and was uneeded. Better off with a generic tutorial where you play as the agent from Ada's coop campaign.

Hope there is some trimming for the campaigns. Such as cutting the vehicle sections.

Top Bottom