• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

for that they still have RE2 Remake in development.
with RE7 they are trying to bring something fresh in the series.

but it isn't "fresh" unlike when RE4 came out.
This is just straight up copying the likes of Amnesia, PT, Outlast, etc... and judging from the demo it is not even up to quality.

I am more intrigued when they show the actual game and if the final thing doesn't get good reviews, its gonna be another first person horror knock off.

Yeah but RE2 Remake is gonna sell loads because of what it is, its like a clear message is being sent to Capcom and they're doing everything to avoid just making a proper RE game.
I'm playing the demo over and over in denial, just hoping that I've miss something that'll change my mind, but it's another off the assembly line FPhorror thats only worked in 2 games for me, PT & Alien Isolation.
FPS horror don't work with survival horror veterans, we seen it all before with FP games they just too limited by there point of view to bring anything new to the table, VR is where these games will shine.

my thoughts exactly

m4st4

Played through the demo and this ain't my style for Resi, I don't like 1st person handheld horrors and would much rather prefer modernized versions of Resi and Zero.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm still mixed up about this, I love the art style and trailer is fantastic but then I play it and it's just....

TGO

RSB

Banned
but it isn't "fresh" unlike when RE4 came out.
This is just straight up copying the likes of Amnesia, PT, Outlast, etc... and judging from the demo it is not even up to quality.
Exactly. At least with the last big shake-up (RE4) they took a risk and created something great and unique. This is just doing what dozens of indie developers have already done with games like Amnesia and Outlast (and all its clones) And yeah, as you said it's not very good either, even when compared to the more modest games in the genre.The comparison with PT (the game it is most obviously trying to emulate) is even less flattering.

pa22word

Wow the guys over at frictional must be very flattered that their little indie games they made on a shoestring budget has impacted the industry to a degree that the two biggest horror names in the industry are (or were, in the case of sh) aping off of what they did.

That's probably the most insane thing about this. I mean, did anyone else who played penumbra back in like 2008 ever think that it would become the standard design template for horror games from the indie scene all the way up to 100 million dollar blockbusters?

Spoo

So when you have the
axe
you can cut up certain mannequins -- one of them on the second floor (the one that spawns in) and the one on the third floor.

Weird that you can cut some of them up, but not others. The part on the neck actually looks like a keyhole to me (the likes of which the finger key would fit in!). Alas, tried that and no dice. Though I swear to god I heard a "click" the first time I did it.

TGO

Wow looks like the media who has played it now aren't impressed either
Hope some new info is released soon as the demo hasn't done it any favors

Mr. Desu

I want to post a big list of everything later on trying to figure this stuff out. Should I post here or new thread? Is there already a new thread? At work. Hard to browse.

Jawmuncher

Wow looks like the media who has played it now aren't impressed either
Hope some new info is released soon as the demo hasn't done it any favors

Yeah seems the demo isn't being very well revived. It's just too basic. Most people will just find the key open the door and go "that's it?"

Lukemon

Is anyone still plugging away at finding more in the demo on the Ambassador Program? Between the fact that the wording in the demo is like 'open the door to the Ambassador Program' and the picture on sign-up is an open door (can't remember if I saw that on here or on the sub) makes it seem to me like that could just be the thing we've been missing. You know, if there even is anything else...

Mr. Desu

I think it should be consolidated as well. Maybe contact the OP to update it with yours and everyone's info?

I'm looking for a guide so it'd be nice to have it on one page.
I'll post and send a message asking to add. I'll be home in a couple hours.
If anyone has stuff and doesn't want to drop more in here, message me and I'll add it to my post. Gonna work on this and stream all night most likely.

Venom Fox

Banned
A new thread by a active member would be a good idea actually
I agree. If the mods don't want it on on the main maybe have them put it in community?
Will do.

I'll post and send a message asking to add. I'll be home in a couple hours.
If anyone has stuff and doesn't want to drop more in here, message me and I'll add it to my post. Gonna work on this and stream all night most likely.
Not played it yet but whatever I find I'll PM you.

Jawmuncher

Is anyone still plugging away at finding more in the demo on the Ambassador Program? Between the fact that the wording in the demo is like 'open the door to the Ambassador Program' and the picture on sign-up is an open door (can't remember if I saw that on here or on the sub) makes it seem to me like that could just be the thing we've been missing. You know, if there even is anything else...

There doesn't seem to be anyway for the game to connect to the ambassador program. My only guess could be that maybe if so many people play it or beat it something happens.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
Is there any info if the full game plays like the demo/trailer? I mean maybe it's more of a showcase? I'm glad it took a new direction towards it's horror routes but I'm not convinced.

Lucentto

Banned
So once again Capcom confirms on the Capcom Unity stream that the demo is not part of the main game. And that the main game will still have all the elements RE is known for.

RangerX

Banned
I'm genuinely surprised by the negativity in here. Just because Amnesia and out last have done it before doesn't mean Capcom can't surpass them in quality. Most of the old school res evil mainstays such as inventory management,puzzles are there and we know there is going to be combat in the game.I think this is a fantastic direction for the series.

Jawmuncher

Is there any info if the full game plays like the demo/trailer? I mean maybe it's more of a showcase? I'm glad it took a new direction towards it's horror routes but I'm not convinced.

So once again Capcom confirms on the Capcom Unity stream that the demo is not part of the main game. And that the main game will still have all the elements RE is known for.

So we should fully expect herbs, Type writers, and ammo management. So we should in theory basically get first person REmake in a sense.

SexyFish

Banned

c23054c01a.png

Here's a picture of the door after signing up. I can't find anything helpful here though..

If the entire game is this clunky and limited, good luck getting to that 4 million sales target. It's a step in a new direction for the series, but that direction happens to be backwards.

If the full game takes on a different direction, then I'll just assume this is a repurposed Kitchen demo because this isn't RE.

Ok theory time. Is there anyway to get the teddy bear that drops from picking up the wire cutters stay there? It disappears every time you go back after using the vhs. I might be grasping at straws here but I really want to hack it with the axe. It could lead to something.

Top Bottom