• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Survival Pack DLC reveal (leak?)

miku

vdBOvYq.jpg

Didn't see anyone posted yet~

Source

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The item itself is not a leak since this is the pre-order bonus you get when you pre-order the game that was announced the day the game was announced at E3 (that and having the hardest difficulty unlocked from the start, which is still a dumb decision in my eyes).

The exact specifics of it are new, though. Let's see what we got. I wonder how this will work since RE7 does have a limited grid inventory ala; RE4.

fart town usa

Gold Member
God damn, I am so friggin stoked for this game. I cannot wait. Depending on the story, I truly think this game is going to deliver the goods.

Dusk Golem

Google translation of what the page says, btw:

Pre-order here at HMV and Recovery Set, Handgun Set, Set Burner and Chem Fluid Set.

PlayStation VR gives the undead life on a terrifying new way when the survival horror comes to virtual reality . See the fear in the face in the first person and feel the terrifying presence of Capcom's brilliant , brutal game series in a new, unexplored ways.

With a look back at the series' roots played Resident Evil Biohazard 7 after the events of Resident Evil 6 in an abandoned plantation mansion in rural areas of the United States. And every step you take on this huge, mysterious goods can lead to a bloody end . None Resident Evil that you have survived the past can prepare you for this .

Either pre order dlc or Microtransactions both of which gaf will make a big deal out of most likely. Considering I suck in these games I'll take that health pack lol

Mr_Zombie

So... microtransactions? Because there's no other explanation why would you provide such ordinary items like herbs or ammo as a pre-order DLC.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I see no herbs..I only see two very small pine trees.

I'm talking about herbs, the red green yellow blue ones you mix into a very large one.
There are green herbs in that picture, and since there are other RE stuff in there there's likely other colored herbs too. Since the game isn't third person they're designing things differently.

Why would a regular RE items be part of a DLC pack?
Presumably a boost for the beginning of the game.

Dusk Golem

THIS IS THE GAMES PRE-ORDER INCENTIVE.

The Survival Pack was literally announced the day RE7 was revealed, it even says it on every RE7 pre-order site, "Pre-order now and get the Survival Pack!". It even says on the page linked in the OP this is what you get for pre-ordering.

Capcom announced all the DLC RE7 will have on the day it was announced. There are a total of three DLC pieces, and this is one of them which is also the pre-order bonus. The other two DLCs are:

-4 short story gameplay segments which will be completed and released a few months after launch.
-1 additional story chapter that will be completed and released a few months after launch.

These all also come with the Deluxe Edition of the game, but the Survival Pack listed here is a pre-order item. What's new is the exact nature of what the pre-order items include, and they are items from the game since we've already seen the green herbs and coin in the game (though the coin is a bit of a mystery).

Dusk Golem

Okay, so here's what I got from all of this. I went back to read what Capcom said about the Survival Pack.

ACCORDING TO THEM, the Survival Pack's purpose seems to give players who want to start on the hardest available difficulty an edge, since its items that start off in your inventory, and pre-ordering does unlock the hardest difficulty from the outset. IN FACT, APPARENTLY THE SURVIVAL PACK IS ONLY USABLE IN THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY OF THE GAME. That's what every pre-order page is saying, the Survival Pack is for use on the game's hardest difficulty, which is unlocked from the start when you pre-order. Capcom also emphasized nothing in the pack is exclusive to the pack, it's basically an early item collection for those who want to dive into the hardest difficulty blind so they can stand a fighting chance (I'm assuming from this items carry over from playthroughs ala' RE5-style when going on harder difficulties then in New Game+).

Jawmuncher

What a lame as preorder pack. Made this for the REgaf thread, but it reminds me of basically starting the game like this. Couldn't imagine preordering REmake or RE0 with an extra Red/Green Herb and Box of pistol bullets.

shitxkoiy.png

I do think that the coins are for items to unlock however. So the actual use of these preorder packs are probably related to the coins that we know nothing about. I doubt they're tied to a merchant style character. I would bet on weapons, costumes, or something along that line. Some sort of bonus content is what coins are used for is my guess.

Okay, so here's what I got from all of this. I went back to read what Capcom said about the Survival Pack.

ACCORDING TO THEM, the Survival Pack's purpose seems to give players who want to start on the hardest available difficulty an edge, since its items that start off in your inventory, and pre-ordering does unlock the hardest difficulty from the outset. IN FACT, APPARENTLY THE SURVIVAL PACK IS ONLY USABLE IN THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY OF THE GAME. That's what every pre-order page is saying, the Survival Pack is for use on the game's hardest difficulty, which is unlocked from the start when you pre-order. Capcom also emphasized nothing in the pack is exclusive to the pack, it's basically an early item collection for those who want to dive into the hardest difficulty blind so they can stand a fighting chance (I'm assuming from this items carry over from playthroughs ala' RE5-style when going on harder difficulties then in New Game+).

Still further baffles me why a hard mode is a preorder pack. It's not even enticing. I'll unlock that after playing on normal anyway.
If your game is good i'm going to go back and play it more than once. The % of people who are going to start on the highest difficulty is so small it's kind of ridiculous to talk it up to get preorders.
Really feels like it was the only thing they could think of as preorder DLC because they just had to have SOMETHING.

Kuraudo

Banned

Preorders unlocking the hardest difficulty early is the real questionable thing here.

Either your hard difficulty is balanced for brand new players or not. If it's okay for new comers to attempt then it should be unlocked right from the beginning for everyone.

Top Bottom