• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 demo data-mined *MAJOR SPOILERS REVEALED & UNMARKED*

FelipeMGM

To add more fuel to the fire:

original.jpg

http://www.relyonhorror.com/article...e-surprising-revelations-from-umbrella-corps/

Too bad no one bought that game so we'll never know...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
but does eveline albert use a handgun Kappa

albert weskers handgun is very iconic and yes they would do this because they know everyone loves him.

Does he also have a very iconic shotgun? No. LastBossFinishGetGun. It's probably some classic RE thing where you grab a gun laying around and finish the monster off.

Man I'm just trying to scroll quick to ask a question and I see wesker pics everywhere, gee I wonder what that means.

So I don't want to know the spoilers, I just want to know does it sound like RE by the end. Like first half is stupid Texas chainsaw family but the stuff they haven't shown is going to be RE awesome shit? Mutants, tyrants, and so on?

It would be so perfectly convoluted though to have a second new character named Albert in Resident Evil VII.

Let's just make the canon even more confusing by reusing names now.

But thankfully it's probably Wesker.

Jawmuncher

Man I'm just trying to scroll quick to ask a question and I see weaker pics everywhere, gee I wonder what that means.

So I don't want to know the spoilers, I just want to know does it sound like RE by the end. Like first half is stupid Texas chainsaw family but the stuff they haven't shown is going to be RE awesome shit.

Yeah it sounds like RE. Hell it sounds like it'll indeed have some stuff in store for action fans too.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Man I'm just trying to scroll quick to ask a question and I see wesker pics everywhere, gee I wonder what that means.

So I don't want to know the spoilers, I just want to know does it sound like RE by the end. Like first half is stupid Texas chainsaw family but the stuff they haven't shown is going to be RE awesome shit? Mutants, tyrants, and so on?

Spoiler:
Don't look at your avatar

Zaverious

There's so many ways to bring Albert Wesker back if they wanted. The whole Wesker children thing is one massive loophole essentially, not to mention Jake (since 7 is not a reboot and takes place post-6).

As for leaving it in, I presume they did it on purpose. There's no way they wouldn't have expected someone to eventually crack it open.

Well the Wesker Children project wasn't a clone project so this Albert either survived somehow with his own virus again or it's some virus mutation clone whatever with the C-Virus or something similar like Project Ada.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Dammit RE fanbase. Why do you do this to yourself? There's a Eveline Albert in the game. A Eveline Albert connected to a necrotoxin. Capcom has referred to Wesker, as Wesker for years and years. Now what what is more likely here? That this Eveline Albert that is connected to a necrotoxin, is the final boss of RE7? Or that Capcom randomly decided to call Wesker, Albert and he's the final boss?

Search your heart folks, you know the truth!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Dammit RE fanbase. Why do you do this to yourself? There's a Eveline Albert in the game. A Eveline Albert connected to a necrotoxin. Capcom has referred to Wesker, as Wesker for years and years. Now what what is more likely here? That this Eveline Albert that is connected to a necrotoxin, is the final boss of RE7? Or that Capcom randomly decided to call Wesker, Albert and he's the final boss?

It is Wesker and you will like it!

Jackpot

Banned
FYI, the PAK file was unlockable from the day of the demo's release:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15621

You can unpack the files now.

https://goo.gl/9FwwI8
Download this and copy its contents to Steam\SteamApps\common\RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard Demo

Open sf5.bms with a text editor and replace its contents with

Code:
# Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour (PAK format)
# Written by Ekey (h4x0r)
# 
# script for QuickBMS http://quickbms.aluigi.org

comtype deflate
idstring "KPKA"
get VERSION long
get FILES long

for i = 0 < FILES
   get DUMMY1 long
   get DUMMY2 long
   get DUMMY3 long
   get OFFSET longlong
   get ZSIZE longlong
   get SIZE longlong
   get FLAG longlong
   get DUMMY4 long
   if FLAG == 0
      log "" OFFSET SIZE
   else
      clog "" OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE
   endif
next i

Run extract-all.bat

The DAT files have a lot of strings that can be seen using a text editor. All the names of sounds, animations, textures, subtitles, etc

Jawmuncher

Some more from the Hex. Seems to indicate a eyesight mechanic at some point in the game (Mentions eye drops and glasses). Also some other odd items.

T.u.t.o.r.i.a.l.C.h.e.c.k..F.l.a.g...H.a.d.R.u.n...H.a.d.C.a.m.e.r.a...H.a.d.U.s.e.d.R.e.m.e.d.y...H.a.d.U.s.e.d.S.t.i.m.u.l.a.n.t...H.a.d.U.s.e.d.D.e.p.r.e.s.s.a.n.t...H.a.d.C.r.o.u.c.h...H.a.d.S.t.a.n.d.U.p...C.h.e.c.k..O.p.e.n.e.d.D.o.o.r...H.a.d.R.e.l.o.a.d.e.d...O.p.e.n.I.n.v.e.n.t.o.r.y...O.p.e.n.T.u.t.o.r.i.a.l...H.a.d.W.a.l.k.e.d...O.p.e.n.M.a.p...G.o.t.B.u.r.n.e.r...I.n.v.e.n.t.o.r.y.T.a.b.C.r.a.f.t...H.a.d.M.o.v.e.d...O.p.e.n.D.e.t.a.i.l.S.e.a.r.c.h...S.a.w.S.t.a.n.d.T.u.t.o.r.i.a.l...U.s.i.n.g.E.y.e.D.r.o.p.s...H.a.s.C.r.a.f.t.M.a.t.e.r.i.a.l...C.a.n.O.p.e.n.M.a.p...C.a.n.O.p.e.n.I.n.v.e.n.t.o.r.y...C.a.n.C.h.a.n.g.e.W.e.a.p.o.n...C.h.a.n.g.e.d.W.e.a.p.o.n...H.a.d.C.h.a.n.g.e.d.B.u.l.l.e.t...U.s.e.d.R.e.m.e.d.y...C.h.a.n.g.e.d.E.q.u.l.i.p.W.e.a.p.o.n.

evangd007

Does he also have a very iconic shotgun? No. LastBossFinishGetGun. It's probably some classic RE thing where you grab a gun laying around and finish the monster off.

In many of his mini-game loadouts he uses the Hydra. I usually associate that shotgun with him.

Jawmuncher

Every weapon in the game (or things that can be used as a weapon)

HandAxe
Knife
Bar
Handgun
Handgun_M19
Handgun_G17
Handgun_MPM
Handgun_Albert
ShotGun
Shotgun_M37
Shotgun_M37S
Shotgun_DB
MachineGun
Magnum
Glasses
EvelynRadar
LiquidBomb
Flare
Remedy
Stimulant
Depressant
KitchenKnife
WoodChip
ChainCutter
ScrewDriver
Shovel
Lantern
Roller
LanternBar
GlassPiece
FireAxe
MiaKnife
GoldenBar
HyperBlaster
BarCircularsaw
FireAxeBreakable
Shotgun_Albert
BlueBlaster
RedBlaster
Lantern_C
Lighter_Z
GimmickKnife
Mele

Yeah it sounds like RE. Hell it sounds like it'll indeed have some stuff in store for action fans too.

Yes thank you!

Ok on wesker, again I am not reading the damn spoiler so I am maybe very wrong about this. Can it just be wesker in mercenaries form? He has been in every RE game even after his death in some form. He has some clones too so who knows. I guess what I am saying is are we for sure it's him. You know what I don't even want to know, just throwing that out there.

Jawmuncher

The first DLC pack contents revealed

Details on the first DLC for RE7, the 'four short stories' DLC (not the 2 campaign chapter DLCs). Seems to be a collection of minigame type things. No info in the data about the two later DLCs (probably as they haven't started development yet).

DLC 1-1: A puzzle-focused gameplay chapter where it seems you answer riddles and other types of puzzles. Almost seems entirely puzzle focused.

DLC 1-2: A card game? Apparently some card game you can play either in a story mode way or an endless mode with some type of reward you get. Specifics not clear, but includes mechanics like bluff, and some sort of in-game droppable based on your performance.

DLC 1-3: Wave-Based Survival Mode. seems to have multiple stages, and 10 waves for each map.

DLC 1-4: A proper miniature story chapter with you in a place with Lucas it seems. Also seems to have three endings based on something you do in this chapter.

If Chris and Jill aren't in the game then what would the point be of having a throwback villain that the main character had never heard of.

"It was me the while time, Albert Wesker, mwahahaha"
"Who?"

Wait what? The final boss is
a GIANT JILL SANDWICH
?

I love me some Wesker. Even if he does not show up as a enemy or boss, I'd love to read more lore about one of my favorite baddies. I also love his voice actor a lot. He really gives Wesker a sly n' menacing voice he deserves.

pizzacat

Banned
The new age STARS version of wesker always has a hydra shotgun on him so its probably that

Akibared

Don't do this to me!!

TreIII

Maybe was a clone of Wesker in RE5. Who knows?

Everything points to the fact that the Wesker that we've known from RE1 definitely died in RE5.

However, between the "program" that Alex Wesker was running in Revelations 2 (which is hinted to be who you play as in Raid Mode), and then all the allusions that were dropped in Umbrella Corps' lore, it really sounds like Alex's plan all along was to find a way to just create a new Albert Wesker to pick up where the original left off.

And hey, cloning is now officially a part of this universe thanks to RE6, so it would fit just fine, now.

Jawmuncher

Big leak here basically detailing the events of the game.

CHAPTER 1:
-You enter a building on the plantation through a backdoor.
-You quickly meet Mia, but she's imprisoned in the basement of the building.
-You work to try to get her out, but you begin to meet the Moulded and fighting for survival as you solve puzzles.
-You get a phone call and meet Zoe, who claims she wants to help you.
-You work some fuses and get a chain cutter, and go to save Mia, but in the process your arm gets cut. Unsure what cuts it.
-You try to care for your hand, and get back to Mia.
-You break Mia out and you two work to try to escape.
-While escaping you black out from your cut.
-You wake up and look for Mia, open new areas with items obtained.
-You meet up with Mia but she gets kidnapped (Unsure, but I think by Lucas).
-You try to fight the kidnapper in a few different areas as you give chase. You follow up a stairwell but get knocked out.

CHAPTER 2:
-You wake up to the dinner scene.
-You get a key to go under the floorboards and enter the washroom (a save room with a phone).
-You try to find a way out and while doing so a knock comes from a window and you meet a police officer.
-To try and help you defend yourself, the police officer gives you a knife.
-You turn the breaker on and open a sealed garage switch to enter the garage.

CHAPTER 3:
-You enter the main hall of the Main Building of the Plantation. See thematic locked doors, and the way out of this house is with three dog crests.
-Main bit of chapter is exploring the house, getting crests and keys, you encounter Jack & the Molded, and do so as you explore.
-There's optional content in this chapter, such as an ability for you to get a shotgun.
-Lots of room names you explore while doing this, like Freezer, Taxidermy Room, Workshop, and such.
-To get the last crest you need to fight Jack a second time for the second boss battle as he comes at you with a chainsaw.
-With all crests, you can finish exploring or leave to the next area.

CHAPTER 4:
-You go outside to the grounds of the plantation, and find a Trailer, which is used as a shop in the game.
-You go down a boardwalk to the fourth main setting of the game, the Greenhouse.
-Inside you encounter Marguerite and a room where Mia was captured by Marguerite. You go to try and free her in the Greenhouse.
-There are two notable scenes here. The first is the "Insect Fall" battle. Sounds like a bunch of insects begin to crawl over the ceiling to drop on you and crawl through holes and you have to fight them back.
-Second scene is the "Insect Hole". It seems you are dropped down a well and then need to escape the well, which is crawling with enemy insects.
-Then a third boss battle against Marguerite, labelled as "Long Hand Marguerite" battle.
-You get the lantern that she drops and with it can solve a new puzzle of the area.
-You get something called the "Evline Arm".
-You get a phone call (you get several but most aren't objectives an optional) apparently from Lucas.
-You do Shadow Puzzles with the lantern and objects you find around the Greenhouse to open up secret passages around the building. You also get keys and open p some areas in the previous area.
-As you go to leave Greenhouse, Marguerite comes back as "Long Haired Marguerite" as they call it, and begins to sweep you with insects and trying to prevent you from escaping.
-But you eventually escape.

CHAPTER 5:
-You go back to the Main House again and a lot of new areas are openable, including a child room, and Lucas begins to play with you. Lucas seems to have the whole thing set-up where he can monitor the place and has a control room where he watches you.
-You explore and open up more, but then Lucas plays his cards to release new types of Molded to rush you down so as you do a new puzzle set to unlock a new area new types of Molded enter the picture.
-There's some timed event, it's not specific but there's a lot of objectives like "Wait 10 seconds." "wait 20 seconds," "wait 13 seconds", which are probably related to something.
-After surviving Lucas' games, you enter a new area of his main forray. It's apparently a super dark place and light plays a big role.
-Apparently a big puzzle in the area involving a Birthday Cake Room, valves, Candles, and the like.
-Apparently Lucas has a weird love of childish games and so lots of weird puzzles, including something about a cake bomb, something about beds, and creepy puppets.
-Of note it seems during this section of the game, Zoe's phone calls get replaced by Lucas calls, as you go through his ordeals.
-Eventually manage to escape through to the backyard.

More to come, this isn't the whole game

Top Bottom