• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 demo data-mined *MAJOR SPOILERS REVEALED & UNMARKED*

Dammit RE fanbase. Why do you do this to yourself? There's a Eveline Albert in the game. A Eveline Albert connected to a necrotoxin. Capcom has referred to Wesker, as Wesker for years and years. Now what what is more likely here? That this Eveline Albert that is connected to a necrotoxin, is the final boss of RE7? Or that Capcom randomly decided to call Wesker, Albert and he's the final boss?

Search your heart folks, you know the truth!

It's too late. We're already at Maximum Wesker.
01034805ec57b269c5d5e84122265c1f.gif

kc44135

Wow, Jawmuncher, I've been skeptical of this game since it's announcement, but all of this stuff sounds genuinely great, and it really sounds like an RE game, with a good variety of weapons, enemy encounters, puzzles, and environments. I'm pretty happy with all this stuff, to be honest. I think this just finally got me fully on board with this game. Also, my prediction for youknowwho...
You were a clone/twin brother of Wesker the entire time, and it's revealed in the ending that you're real name is Ethan Wesker. I personally don't think they'll bring Albert Wesker back himself, but rather link your character to him. I'd also be OK with Wesker coming back too though, being that he's awesome and all.

Jawmuncher

Wow, Jawmuncher, I've been skeptical of this game since it's announcement, but all of this stuff sounds genuinely great, and it really sounds like an RE game, with a good variety of weapons, enemy encounters, puzzles, and environments. I'm pretty happy with all this stuff, to be honest. I think this just finally got me fully on board with this game. Also, my prediction for youknowwho...
You were a clone/twin brother of Wesker the entire time, and it's revealed in the ending that you're real name is Ethan Wesker. I personally don't think they'll bring Albert Wesker back himself, but rather link your character to him. I'd also be OK with Wesker coming back too though, being that he's awesome and all.
Yeah being on the fence, I like what I'm reading

Jawmuncher

Rest of the story events

CHAPTER 6:
-You go through the woods and appreoach a nearby river and enter a boat house.
-Inside Zoe has been captured and apparently infected with something as you need to help get her materials to make a serum.
-You board a beached boat on the shore by the pier to get what's needed.
-Jack is around this area as he attacks. And we enter our fourth boss battle here. The Battle is against what's called "Mukade Jack". A Mukade is a type of centipede with many legs, so it seems like Jack has mutated into some centipede monster at this point.
-You get keys to open up different parts of the ship and apparently also with traps.
-Apparently somewhere in this you also get an Evlin Head.
-You get into the final battle with Jack as he further mutates for the fifth boss battle.
-Jack in his dying moments goes to destroy the boat to take you with him.
-You go back to the pier and seems a big choice event occurs in the game that changes the rest of the game for you. The full details aren't made clear, but you either have to choose Mia or choose Zoe.
-The chapter ends with an escape sequence from the boat with who I assume is the person who choose to escape with as the boat explodes.
-Notably the file makes it seem like you save Mia no matter what, seems if you try to save Zoe she complains and refuses (there's even a "Zoe Complain" event around this period of events).

CHAPTER 7:
-It seems in this chapter you play as Mia.
-This chapter plays with a combination of you getting Ethan to saftey then exploring and surviving the area, and apparenly flashback scenarios. There's also a character named Eveline here (I see them use both the spelling Eveline AND Evelyn in the code).
-Chapter has you starting up an elevator, it seems you go into some sort of industrial plant/lab. Need to get fuses and repair something, and probably not alone, but are some flashback scene mentions and something called "Mia Head Mode".

CHAPTER 8:
-Seems in this chapter we head to some caves, a mine of some sort.
-There's a side-quest in this chapter to open up a locker with a machinegun in it.
-Hard to piece together, but it seems something happens to Mia and she becomes an enemy in this chapter. Mentions of "Mia Enemy", "Mia Battle", and stuff of the sort.
-Seem Eveline is around here too, and as you go deeper into the mines you enter some other living area, mentions of a study, a "spiral room", and Enecrotoxin.
-There's a boss here but not clear what it is.

CHAPTER 9:
-Seems this chapter has you go through a series of things to the climax, seems you deal with things. There are five main events in this chapter. The first three are labelled "FB 1-3", which I would assume stands for final boss 1-3. Then comes a stage known as "Evelyn's Anger" (is there any reason it keeps swapping between the two spellings? Are they two seperate characters?).
-After this, you start the actual final boss battle, which mentions a gun case drops at some point for you to use. and you get a gun labeled Albert.
-There is a branching event and more than one ending apparently.
-Ending plays, then the credits roll.
-Epilogue scene after credits.

Now, this is missing a lot of details Not everything is marked clearly, and I skipped over a lot. Mainly steps in gameplay. But this is a general overlook of the title basing it all off of objectives, triggers, and labelled events in the hex code of the files. I don't think wesker is in this as the final boss. I think we get a hold of Samurai Edge at the end of the game rather. So sorry to dash those hopes.

Arsenic13

Honestly, the RE series has never had particularly well written stories. Idc who returns or who is the last boss. RE7's gameplay is on point

kc44135

Rest of the story events

Now, this is missing a lot of details Not everything is marked clearly, and I skipped over a lot. Mainly steps in gameplay. But this is a general overlook of the title basing it all off of objectives, triggers, and labelled events in the hex code of the files. I don't think wesker is in this as the final boss. I think we get a hold of Samurai Edge at the end of the game rather. So sorry to dash those hopes.

So multiple endings are in, hell yes!

KyleCross

Interesting to see that you do indeed deal with the Bakers for the entire game along with the molded and insects. That's gonna disappoint some people.

But seriously, how is this normal? They put a text summary of the game in the files?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So the demo is PT style but the final game will be basically ZombiU?

I'm fine with that. Part of why I loved ZombiU is because I always felt it was Resident Evil in first person.

AAMARMO

Banned
Interesting to see that you do indeed deal with the Bakers for the entire game along with the molded and insects. That's gonna disappoint some people.

But seriously, how is this normal? They put a text summary of the game in the files?

It could be capcom trolling us lol. Knowing the game was going to get data minded on PC.

Jawmuncher

All of that content was coming off of objectives the game gives and such. I haven't seen mention of any returning characters, probably because playing as a returning character in the VHS tapes wouldn't be an objective.

So they're probably there, but I haven't seen any mention currently. Even after everything I posted, it looks like there will still be a lot of surprises in store.

Lucent

One more month one more month one more month!

I need to avoid spoilers. I need to be surprised. I'm so excited because my friend is letting me borrow his PSVR to play this. And I have a Pro, so this will be a great way to experience it all the first time through.

KyleCross

all of the characters in this game are resident evil characters by virtue of being in a resident evil game
C'mon man. You're technically correct but don't pull that. Ethan and Mia are not going to be memorable characters. You know what they meant when they asked about "Resident Evil characters."

Kazuhira

I thought they said they were working on removing files with potential spoilers from the pc version.
Are they pulling a kojima by adding fake spoilers?

Jawmuncher

I could imagine they perhaps scrubbed something more specific. But there was never going to be a way for them to get rid of all of this I don't think .

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
C'mon man. You're technically correct but don't pull that. Ethan and Mia are not going to be memorable characters. You know what they meant when they asked about "Resident Evil characters."

How do you know they won't be memorable? They might be super cool.

So, I have a feeling that Zoe and Evelyn are one and the same. Evelyn is surely the Alma wannabe and has long been suspected as being the Baker daughter. Zoe indicates however that she is Jack's daughter over the phone in Ch.3.

When you make the choice, the facade likely drops.

Top Bottom