• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 demo data-mined *MAJOR SPOILERS REVEALED & UNMARKED*

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I didn't know where else to post this. Someone made an interesting observation related to a canon currently on-going RE manga series (Heavenly Island). In it there's a corporation known as Sheng-Ya which has an inverted umbrella logo for their company. Many fans thought the helicoptor in the Beginning Hour demo for RE7 had the Sheng-Ya logo on it, not the Umbrella logo (they look similar but have differences). The manga has been strangely important to the series, it stars Claire after the events of RE6 and has been bringing together various elements of the series. I also will mention Sheng-Ya was also in Umbrella Corps, in fact the main characters of Umbrella Corps are owned by Sheng-Ya.

Anyways, in the newest issue they stumble upon Sheng-Ya's secret experiment:

O3tgiBo.jpg

Looks familiar, right? Some stringy plant monster that lives and forms out of the walls... Anyways, it's Stage 1 of a new virus they've made. It eventually turns into this:

qMX8mhZ.jpg

A centipede monster. HMN...

Credit to this Reddit thread for noticing: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/5k2il0/demo_datamine_spoilers_i_think_i_figured/

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Real Talk. Kinda bullshit a manga has that much importance and we still don't have a date on it being localized.

I never heard of this manga, but I.am curious to read it now

It's made by the same author and group that made the RE6 prelude manga which introduced Piers and such. It's been much more involved. They passed ot off as a manga tie-in to Revelations 2 and Umbrella Corps but after the events of RE6. It's shaping up to be tied to the whole series and setting up RE7. A lot happens in it.

It's set in South America as strange reports start coming in. To investigate for the possibility of bio-terror and help those in need, TerraSave send in Claire Redfield. Meanwhile a reality tv idol show is being filmed there that goes terribly wrong. It's been tying into unexpected plot threads and characters from throughtout the series and the fallout of the global outbreak of RE6.

RE Wiki page on it here: http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/BIOHAZARD_heavenly_island

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I didn't know where else to post this. Someone made an interesting observation related to a canon currently on-going RE manga series (Heavenly Island). In it there's a corporation known as Sheng-Ya which has an inverted umbrella logo for their company. Many fans thought the helicoptor in the Beginning Hour demo for RE7 had the Sheng-Ya logo on it, not the Umbrella logo (they look similar but have differences). The manga has been strangely important to the series, it stars Claire after the events of RE6 and has been bringing together various elements of the series. I also will mention Sheng-Ya was also in Umbrella Corps, in fact the main characters of Umbrella Corps are owned by Sheng-Ya.

Anyways, in the newest issue they stumble upon Sheng-Ya's secret experiment:

O3tgiBo.jpg

Looks familiar, right? Some stringy plant monster that lives and forms out of the walls... Anyways, it's Stage 1 of a new virus they've made. It eventually turns into this:

qMX8mhZ.jpg

A centipede monster. HMN...

Credit to this Reddit thread for noticing: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/5k2il0/demo_datamine_spoilers_i_think_i_figured/

#AllConnected

Now I wonder if that Umbrella photo from the demo is actually Sheng-Ya

So am I missing something, or are there only like 4 non-Baker enemy types in this game?

You've got 3 varieties of Molded, at least two types of insects (spiders and bees) and whatever "swagger" is. That's it.

Seems really sparse for an RE game.

JayEH

So am I missing something, or are there only like 4 non-Baker enemy types in this game?

You've got 3 varieties of Molded, at least two types of insects (spiders and bees) and whatever "swagger" is. That's it.

Seems really sparse for an RE game.

my main fear is that the bakers will be too much of a focus. I really hope this isn't just alien isolation with the stalker stuff for the majority of the game.

Alffwin

Neo Member
I obviously have no idea how demos are made, but why is it that you can get so much info about a full game from data mining a DEMO? Why is that information left in?

Ethan looks like he just sharted while waiting in line at Walmart - late at night when there is only 1 cashier and around 10 people in line and he is in the middle.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I obviously have no idea how demos are made, but why is it that you can get so much info about a full game from data mining a DEMO? Why is that information left in?

Because when you build a game (or any software), practically every part of it ends up being connected to all the other parts in some way. A piece of code in the demo might reference another piece of code that was originally written for the main game and is nestled deep within the main game's code.

It would take an extraordinary length of time to pull all of the parts of code needed for the demo and put them into a new file. And since people are human and prone to error, they'll probably miss something, which will break something in the demo, requiring playtesters to spend time bughunting and programmers to spend time bug squashing.

At the end of the day, it costs a lot of money to do all that.

Instead, they can pull stuff that they know isn't being called on by lots of different pieces of code, like cutscene data and some audio files, to cut down on the demo's filesize and reduce some of the risk of spoilers getting out there. But if they go much farther than that, they run the risk of introducing bugs and getting themselves into a clusterfuck.

Zakalwe

Banned
Wesker forever. I really want them to bring him back in the most ridiculously Resi way possible.

This is a huge part off why I love these games.

m4st4

So I finally got interested in this game due to Switch rumors and I watched the final trailer and this is basically Silent Hill/P.T./Lovecraftian horror... and not a Resident Evil game? Such a weird re-branding, first one since Resi 4.

Mifec

So I finally got interested in this game due to Switch rumors and I watched the final trailer and this is basically Silent Hill/P.T./Lovecraftian horror... and not a Resident Evil game? Such a weird re-branding, first one since Resi 4.

Where does the Lovecraftian horror come from? Cuz there is none.

Not really? It's still quite Resident Evil with a heavy survival horror element and the enemies being a little mix of more recent and more classic enemies (not so much in literal zombies and so on but how they're designed, from what I understand). The only properly new aspect would be the first person perspective, and I think Capcom said that apart from the Easter egg that Resi 1 was originally planned to be a first person game (scrapped quickly), its also a way of challenging themselves and reinvigorating the franchise.

Its very new though, so...yeah. Its cheesy, its survival horror so its more of a return to classic Resi, but its got a lot of new stuff.

Also as much as Wesker should be dead I feel they should embrace the ridiculousness and either bring him back or some eye roll twist that lets them keep DC Douglas voicing him forever.

Lucent

Not really? It's still quite Resident Evil with a heavy survival horror element and the enemies being a little mix of more recent and more classic enemies (not so much in literal zombies and so on but how they're designed, from what I understand). The only properly new aspect would be the first person perspective, and I think Capcom said that apart from the Easter egg that Resi 1 was originally planned to be a first person game (scrapped quickly), its also a way of challenging themselves and reinvigorating the franchise.

Its very new though, so...yeah. Its cheesy, its survival horror so its more of a return to classic Resi, but its got a lot of new stuff.

Also as much as Wesker should be dead I feel they should embrace the ridiculousness and either bring him back or some eye roll twist that lets them keep DC Douglas voicing him forever.

The sunglasses Wesker wore were a part of him. Like a symbiote piece from Venom. Somehow someone got a hold of the sunglasses and they took control of the body, using it as a host so that Wesker can continue his goals.

Top Bottom