• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 - Gold Edition & DLC Announcement Trailer

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'd appreciate if they put the Daughters and Bedroom back into the main game as videotapes. It was incredibly obvious they ripped them from the main game to sell a season pass.

Surprisingly, that's not actually the case. There was one mode that was originally part of the main game that was ripped to become DLC
(the Jack's 55th Birthday mode was initially a post-game unlockable)
, but the Daughters and Bedroom DLC stuff was all developed after they had wrapped up development of the main game.

As might be obvious, Not A Hero and End of Zoe were also worked on after the end of RE7 and they're both in fact still being worked on as we speak.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This alone will help flesh out a story a lot. From what we got from RE7. The FP only style for 95% of the cutscenes really held things back imo.

They did a really good job and making it actually feel like the perspective of an actual person imho. Maybe the engine tools are finally good enough to try traditional.

Surprisingly, that's not actually the case. There was one mode that was originally part of the main game that was ripped to become DLC
, but the Daughters and Bedroom DLC stuff was all developed after they had wrapped up development of the main game.

As might be obvious, Not A Hero and End of Zoe were also worked on after the end of RE7 and they're both in fact still being worked on as we speak.

Will the DLC that comes with Gold Edition be on the disc?

Jawmuncher

They did a really good job and making it actually feel like the perspective of an actual person imho. Maybe the engine tools are finally good enough to try traditional.

That was fine. Just I feel FP only story telling is always going to hinder how much story you can get at least with these sorts of games.

Will the DLC that comes with Gold Edition be on the disc?

Should be. Would be kind of dumb to buy the physical and still have to download it.

That was fine. Just I feel FP only story telling is always going to hinder how much story you can get at least with these sorts of games.

Should be. Would be kind of dumb to buy the physical and still have to download it.

Well, apparently NaH won't be included in there.

It wouldn't surprise me, it's Capcom.

Kuraudo

Banned
The Not a Hero screens look like more of the worst part of Resi 7. More interested in the Zoe stuff.

Pretty excited about this though. Only problem I had with Resi 7 was it felt like it didn't have as much content as previous games. This feels much closer to what I've come to expect from a Resi package.

Anung

Un Rama

Fair enough. I still think it'd strengthen the game if they made the video tapes findable in the main game. The videotape idea seems perfect for that kind of thing.

As much as I want this new DLC right now I don't mind them taking as long as they need to make it good and meaty. Not A Hero must have been really lacklustre if Capcom had to step in.

Jawmuncher

Well, apparently NaH won't be included in there.

It wouldn't surprise me, it's Capcom.

nevermind you're right. Guess they ran out of disc space.

The family is waiting for you in Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition, coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC! Gold Edition includes the Resident Evil 7 biohazard game, both previously released “Banned Footage” add-on content packs, plus the third add-on pack, “End of Zoe.” All three add-on packs are also available to purchase separately for owners of the standard game. In addition, owners of any version of Resident Evil 7 biohazard can download the free “Not a Hero” DLC content. Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition, “End of Zoe,” and “Not a Hero” will all be available on December 12th.

The Not a Hero screens look like more of the worst part of Resi 7. More interested in the Zoe stuff.

Pretty excited about this though. Only problem I had with Resi 7 was it felt like it didn't have as much content as previous games. This feels much closer to what I've come to expect from a Resi package.

It's chris redfield though. Like what would you expect him to be doing?
Going through the mines scared despite having saved the world like 3-4 times already?

nevermind you're right. Guess they ran out of disc space.

The family is waiting for you in Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition, coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC! Gold Edition includes the Resident Evil 7 biohazard game, both previously released “Banned Footage” add-on content packs, plus the third add-on pack, “End of Zoe.” All three add-on packs are also available to purchase separately for owners of the standard game. In addition, owners of any version of Resident Evil 7 biohazard can download the free “Not a Hero” DLC content. Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition, “End of Zoe,” and “Not a Hero” will all be available on December 12th.

Yeah.

:(

The bits I'll say;

Not A Hero was originally made by a third-party studio, but Capcom was not happy with the quality they got back from the studio and wanted to keep the good will and trust of consumers from people after RE7, so they began heavily reworking it themselves even though it's free for everyone. That's the reason for the delay, they've been reworking Not A Hero and remaking various things, areas, mechanics, etc., for it themselves.

It takes place literally immediately after the RE7 ending, it's basically RE7's "true end" and has a proper final boss and everything. It has a decent amount of new stuff, you go to some new areas as well as expansions on some of the final areas in the game, there's some new types of Molded not in the main game, and that's probably all I should say. It's more action-focused, but that's not to say there's no horror. I don't know if this is in the revised version anymore, but the original one you could punch enemies.

The Zoe DLC takes place in a completely new location, its director was one of the lead people behind P.T., and it's horror focused.

Holy shit

Anung

Un Rama
Going through the mines scared despite having saved the world like 3-4 times already?

I feel like Chris Redfield blasting through the mansion purging the virus could be pretty cathartic and it'd be a nice bone to throw action RE fans.

Dusk Golem

I feel like Chris Redfield blasting through the mansion purging the virus could be pretty cathartic and it'd be a nice bone to throw action RE fans.

It probably could be, but it fits with the story. I don't think this should be too much of a spoiler to say, but Chris and the Umbrella agents are chasing down
Lucas, who ran into the mines by the end of RE7 and has been setting up traps and such

Anung

Un Rama
It probably could be, but it fits with the story. I don't think this should be too much of a spoiler to say, but Chris and the Umbrella agents are chasing down
Lucas, who ran into the mines by the end of RE7 and has been setting up traps and such

I just hope they give
Lucas a cool monster form.

Dusk Golem

Wait... wasn't there supposed to be some DLC with Chris? A free DLC?

Did this ever come out?

It's coming out on December 12th, along with the End of Zoe DLC and the Gold Edition.

The Chris DLC, titled "Not A Hero" is free for everyone though, it's a free expansion for all owners of RE7.

Kuraudo

Banned

Oh it's exactly what I was expecting, I'm just disappointed it doesn't look any more exciting than I imagined it :p

Capcom should have gone for a person God Hand. Boulders infected with mold.

noomi

Did you read the OP or watched the trailer at all, man.

Can't watch the video at work, and the names of the DLC's don't do anything for me.

Thanks for the help though.

It's coming out on December 12th, along with the End of Zoe DLC and the Gold Edition.

The Chris DLC, titled "Not A Hero" is free for everyone though, it's a free expansion for all owners of RE7.

Got it, wasn't aware that Not A Hero was the Chris DLC. Thanks for the reply.

Jawmuncher

Oh it's exactly what I was expecting, I'm just disappointed it doesn't look any more exciting than I imagined it :p

Capcom should have gone for a person God Hand. Boulders infected with mold.

Gotcha. Yeah I sure wouldn't have been opposed to it being even more action looking. But they gotta keep it in the realm somewhat. Hopefully the melee is being kept in that was supposedly in earlier builds.

Het_Nkik

Huh, I bought this game like two weeks ago but haven't opened it yet. I guess I should return it and buy the Gold Edition instead.

Everything sounds good to me as far as the gold edition and the decision to fix the Not a Hero dlc, but I wish Capcom had taken some feedback on Chris' appearance. It still comes off like a shitty direct to DVD sequel recasting.

Wanderer5

Well there it is. Don't really have much interests in the first two decades pack, but will probably get end of Zoellick separately if it good.

Ōkami

So, is the Not a Hero DLC still going to be free to the standard version? I honestly wouldn't trust Capcom.

I beat the game again some days ago, and the Coming Spring message still appears.

Jawmuncher

Ōkami;247975391 said:
So, is the Not a Hero DLC still going to be free to the standard version? I honestly wouldn't trust Capcom.

I beat the game again some days ago, and the Coming Spring message still appears.

Is the Not a Hero DLC the only one not on the disc, or does every piece of DLC come on a voucher?

Yes it's free. But regardless of version if has to be downloaded.

Top Bottom