• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 - New Screenshots & Info (Puzzles, Spiders, Enemies, & More)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Anteater

dc0ac1d3670a6de419b5fmisg0.png
nope

Fat4all

Banned
-In the game you pick-up coins (they're not microtransactions, they're just part of gameplay) and you can choose when to use coins to open up bird cage type things which hold weapons, supplies, permanent upgrades, and more, but there are more cages than coins so need to be picky.

Sounds very much like the key-locker system in Evil Within.

(expect by the looks of the picture, you know what you're getting)

WITHE1982

I'd love to play this in PSVR but honestly think it'll be the death of me.

I'm liking the light RPG elements the birdcages bring to the game and It'll be great to see some decent spiders back in the RE universe.

Roll on January.

tumblr_m5mfa6OocG1qb05kio1_500.jpg

Expecting some good stuff out of PSX. I bet a character from past RE games makes an appearance and I hope we get an update to the demo.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

jediyoshi

Part of me only just wants to know about how it ties into the RE lore at this point, though I do like how little they care to make that front and center instead of using a bunch of familiar names as a crutch.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This looks a ton better than what we've seen before.

Will get just for PS4 Pro and PSVR + PT vibes.

It's next to confirmed there will be a new update to the RE7 demo, the last of the 'teaser' videos showed Tape 3 and the new demo were releasing in December, and probably at PSXas that's the only big event in December (and the first demo came at E3, the second demo at Tokyo Game Show).

Oh fuck, I forgot about the end of the teasers. Hell yes! Would be sweet if they dropped it this weekend.

GrayChild

Gold Member
Looks gorgeous! I usually don't preorder anything nowadays, but this and Nier: Automata will be day 1 purchases.

And hopefully these screenshots finally put those silly P.T./Outlast clone comments to rest.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me only just wants to know about how it ties into the RE lore at this point, though I do like how little they care to make that front and center instead of using a bunch of familiar names as a crutch.

If rumors that older characters such as Leon and Chris are returning are true then I'll be disappointed.

JJShadow

Got access to the magazine myself, I'll try and translate some bits (I don't know what is new info and what not, so I'll just post any relevant information)

I'll post it shortly

Corpsepyre

Banned
Hmm, I don't know. What I've seen of this game is quite underwhelming, and the more I learn, the less interested I get. I don't want an Outlast aping RE. I wan't something along the lines of RE4 that mixes horror and action. This doesn't seem to cut it for me.

Dusk Golem

More info on BOW's are always welcome. Considering this new "RE Engine" is in-house and how much similar the lighting system is to REmake, wonder how this will work in a full 3RD person Biohazard title or some of Capcom's dormant IP's even. Looking really good on the surface, actual shots capped from game will obviously be way better.

Can't wait for the final update to the demo.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I don't know. What I've seen of this game is quite underwhelming, and the more I learn, the less interested I get. I don't want an Outlast aping RE. I wan't something along the lines of RE4 that mixes horror and action. This doesn't seem to cut it for me.

From the very beginning it was clear that this was going to be nothing like RE4.

It sounds like you want balls-to-the-wall action in third-person.

Top Bottom