• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Ships 4 Million Copies Worldwide (At 500K/2M FY goal by March 2018)

Jawmuncher

WaGTX0Qr.jpg

http://residentevil7.com/uk/index.html#_dlc

The official site just updated with the news. Looks like it'll be in their next financial report. Not counting different SKUs. This puts it as the 6th best selling RE title
Resident EVil 5 - 9.5 million
Resident Evil 6 - 8 million
Resident Evil 4 - 5.9 million
Resident Evil/Resident Evil:Director's Cut - 5.08 million
Resident Evil 2 - 4.96 million
Resident Evil 7 - 4+ million

So the game has finally made it's expectations. Even if it was a bit behind in terms of expected dates. It'll be interesting to see if it can reach the 5 million by next year that they expect with the Gold Edition.

Looks like the legs on Consoles have been far better than those on PC. Congrats to Capcom.

Source: http://www.biohaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8740&start=80

As a quick update:

1.) 4 million was the original fiscal year goal. They hit 3.5 million that year instead.

2.) Their goal for this fiscal year is 2 million by March 2018, so they're 1/4th of the way there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good for them, it's a hell of a game. Folks need to play it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As a quick update:

1.) 4 million was the original fiscal year goal. They hit 3.5 million that year instead.

2.) Their goal for this fiscal year is 2 million by March 2018, so they're 1/4th of the way there.

vaderise

It's not only the best recent RE game but also the best horror game in a very long time.
One of my absolute favorites this year, Capcom nailed mixing modern horror and classic RE gameplay.

Additional cool info from Capcom France/Gamekult : about 400 000 users played Resident Evil 7 with PS VR.

Also for those interested, the other Capcom updated numbers are coming November 6 with the next quarterly results.

Ray Down

Banned
As a quick update:

I was going to say I remember their goal wasn't just to reach 4 million.

Boke1879

Yea I was waiting for a price drop this holiday, but I'm just going to pick up the Gold Edition with all the content.

hughesta

Banned
this game is a classic, nonstop fun and one of the best horror games of the 2010s. Deserves far more attention than it gets.

I bought it over the weekend and started playing last night, couldn't put it down, the pacing is near perfect at times. I love it although I admit I'm not a big first person fan. The only thing I would of liked to have seen put in for this game would of been a late 70s/early 80s John Carpenter style score.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Didn't meet their fiscal year but I hope things like this don't dissuade Capcom from trying new things. I, personally, loved RE7 and would not want Capcom to go back to the RE4-formula immediately.

Jawmuncher

I actually think they will make the 2 million goal. It does have the benefit of the Gold Edition releasing, but also a free content expansion for everyone in December.

To be seen, but I'm pretty sure RE7's sales will have legs... Partially since every Resident Evil game has legs, but more so RE7 really struck some good word of mouth to help it spread (which I also back the good word of mouth, personally loved RE7) A lot of people holding out are going to find it's a pretty damn good game, now flawless and if they do a sequel in the same style I can definitely see some ways it could be even better, but it in my opinion was an incredibly successful experiment, and the positive word of mouth from peeps should help it along).

I think it'll depend. December is kinda no man's land. So I wonder why they're pushing both Okami and RE7:Gold during that time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I mean, they made their money from 4 million copies if they shipped 4 million copies. Obviously they would rather 4 million sold to consumers, but they've still 'sold' 4 million units. Many companies only report shipped numbers.

The main question is what price they get on them, since if they don't move off shelves, they do have to give rebates in the West between the price stores bought it at and the price they sold it at (while protecting retail margins).

That said, I don't think they'll have a huge issue moving the 4 million units they shipped. It's the expanded shipment goal that looks harder to hit.

bevishead

Neo Member
I have yet to buy it. Waiting for the PC version to get VR enabled for the Oculus Rift :). I hear the experience is incredible on PSVR.

Kill3r7

As a quick update:

Holiday sales at $20 for vanilla version should help move some units but they got a ways to go.

Jumeira

Banned
I still need to buy it! TEW2 should be discounted by the time i beat RE7.

Too many games though.

Shadows of War, Mario, Ass Creed, Xbox X. Fak.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Duxxy3

Nice.

I'm starting my third playthrough tonight. Looking forward to the DLC as well.

I'm still hopeful for another revelations game, but as for the main series I'd be OK with first or third person.

ninecubed

Unconfirmed Member
Is this game overly scary?

I can’t take too scary

The first 2-3 hours are very tense and scary as others have mentioned, but after that it loosened a bit IMO. Especially when you get access to more powerful weapons and become more familiar with the mechanics.

I traded in my original copy because I got $50 for it on a gamestop deal. I will be picking the Gold edition up again when it gets a decent sale. What a great game. Congrats to the team.

xviper

not enough, more people need to buy this masterpiece

we have been waiting longer than a decade for Resident evil to truly come back to it's roots, and when it finally happened, it didn't sell well, that's horrible news for TRUE fans of the series

Dusk Golem

BadWolf

we have been waiting longer than a decade for Resident evil to truly come back to it's roots, and when it finally happened, it didn't sell well, that's horrible news for TRUE fans of the series

What a joke.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
4 Million units is very good when you think on the likely budget this title was. I can see this reaching 6 million by the end of 2018 and not the first half. I don't see why Capcom should be disappointed with the net revenue they will get out of this title?

kunonabi

I hated the game but if this keeps them focused on horror maybe it will help other projects like the REmakes, etc.

Ahasverus

Relax, it sold really well for a non big, loud, dumb action game with CO OP.

The ramifications here will be that Capcom will probably branch the series in two with lower budget horror games on one side (Like RE7) and action games on another.

Everybody is happy that way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's a sobering reminder that people who want things like this (and I am that person) are in the minority.

Top Bottom