• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Worldwide Sales Top 4.1 Million

_Aaron_

Street Fighter V still bombing I see.

Capcom expected to sell 2 millions units of SFV in 6 weeks.

21 months later and it still has met that target.

FrostyLemon

Congrats to Capcom on releasing a successful game.

My condolences to the families of Capcom developers, who have all stabbed themselves in the stomach with their grandfathers samurai sword for their underperformance at work.

Maybe that should be the other way around.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
They took a risk and pulled off a great game, so I hope it continues to reach their 10 million target with future sales.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Really good numbers, RE is dominating over every other horror franchise right now. I never suspected RE7 will sell so many units even after the discounts.

Street Fighter V still bombing I see.

Capcom expected to sell 2 millions units of SFV in 6 weeks.

21 months later and it still has met that target.

Now it's at 1.9, the game is selling slowly but there is progress at least and next year Arcade Edition will boost the sales further.

Elfstar

Has a rev 3 been confirmed?

Of course no, it was just my hypotesis.

Anyway that's probably a low number for a RE game, but it's also is a really high sales data for a straight single player, linear horror game with probably not-that-high production values in 2017.

Maybe Golden rerelease will help it to sell more.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thats cool rev 1&2 were really good

I'm currently on episode 4 of Revelations 1 and I'm finding it OK? Pretty generic honestly. I've recently finished The Evil Within 1 & 2 so maybe that's tainting my view a little as they were great. I'll keep plodding on though and see if it picks up.

Elfstar

I'm currently on episode 4 of Revelations 1 and I'm finding it OK? Pretty generic honestly. I've recently finished The Evil Within 1 & 2 so maybe that's tainting my view a little as they were great. I'll keep plodding on though and see if it picks up.

Yeah, Revelations 1 was kind of a good title for 3DS, but that's it.
Revelations 2 is way better, best Re since 4 for me.

RootCause

Of course no, it was just my hypotesis.

Anyway that's probably a low number for a RE game, but it's also is a really high sales data for a straight single player, linear horror game with probably not-that-high production values in 2017.

Maybe Golden rerelease will help it to sell more.
Thats what helped the other tittles. When it's all said and done, I expect the game to be on par with 5, and 6. Their two best sellers(RE).

Jawmuncher

Capcom hasn't said anything about Revelations 3.
All we know is that they're definitely interested in more action games going by the Vendetta and RE7 interviews (Ones asking for fans who don't like 7).

If anything it's more likely that we see a new sub series rather than a revelations 3.
Revelations 3 is kinda damaged goods as a subtitle at this point.

It's lesser action than mainline 4-6 and it's tainted as being a "budget" series as well.
If you were looking to bring back RE Action without the budget of a happy meal. You'd be better off ditching the Revelations name. With a franchise as big as RE it's not like it needs it to sell copies.

Can't imagine too many people would be mad seeing a Action RE Rebecca and Billy game but with a new subtitle.

kb8998

Neo Member
Deserved! Such a great game. I couldn't wait until it was night so I could play this in the room by myself.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Revelations 1 was kind of a good title for 3DS, but that's it.
Revelations 2 is way better, best Re since 4 for me.

I guess that's why the movement feels a bit janky then?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, Revelations was good on 3ds, and only 3ds.

I'd give it like a 6/10 ATM, very bland and generic (the mob design so far has been quite awful I'd say) and just quite clunky in general, but hell I'm bored and I can't afford to waste good money so I'll finish it lol, I know it's pretty short at least. I was planning to get Rev2 after, is it a big leap in quality?

Nice, love the game so far. I haven't been able to finish it yet because of work but yea, top shelf stuff. 1st person view is a perfect fit for survival horror imo.

Bryank75

Banned
If I was them, I'd just remaster it as a PS5 and Xbox 2 launch title. Say that it counts towards the total. Job done.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That seems disappointing considering.
Back to the drawing board I guess.

Codes 208

7 month old thread bump?
Ikr?
1322972786068.jpg

CD'S BAR

Are they catching up to projections? Last I recall it had undersold, unfortunately. Great game.
Their initial forecasts were probably overzealous anyway, considering how radically different it is from the last 3 games.

Last edited:

checkcola

Seems a little underwhelming to me, but then again, I'm not a shareholder. Wonder if the first-person perspective hurt it and maybe some fans of the series does enjoy the action aspects of 5 and 6? I don't know.

Dante83

Banned
RE7 I played the main game and enjoyed it, but I never touched any of the DLCs because of the way they announced it. It was too close to the main game's date, and they could have easily included it with the main game day 1. I found that shady, and it prevented me from putting money into it and supporting it. I just watched other people's playthrough to know what happened to the baker family, and that's good enough for me. The only free dlc I bothered with is the one with chris.

Codes 208

Seems a little underwhelming to me, but then again, I'm not a shareholder. Wonder if the first-person perspective hurt it and maybe some fans of the series does enjoy the action aspects of 5 and 6? I don't know.
This information was posted a year ago. The current total is around 5.1mil according their recent fiscal report in april.

Yeah, it's not GTA numbers, but its still not too bad for a moderate AAA release that may as well have been a new IP.

Top Bottom