• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8- Arriving after RE3Remake- Story plot posibly leaked

Airbus Jr

Banned
"this isn't for a 100% credible source."

Closed the video there.

Theres no such thing as 100 % acuracy thats why its called rumours

If you want 100% acuracy might aswell wait for official trailer or the game arrives at gamestop

why even bother talking with podcast or insider

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Theres no such thing as 100 % acuracy thats why its called rumours

If you want 100% acuracy might aswell wait for official trailer or the game arrives at gamestop

why even bother talking with podcast or insider

There's a difference between a source that has been regularly right in the past and one that has been some times right and some times wrong. It's usually the difference between knowing things and guesstimating and getting a few things right.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
There's a difference between a source that has been regularly right in the past and one that has been some times right and some times wrong. It's usually the difference between knowing things and guesstimating and getting a few things right.

Were just talking rumours and speculation here dude the sources is in the video

why so serious bruh ? Just take it easy and relax ok? Everybody knows the next resident evil game is in the work

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Were just talking rumours and speculation here dude the sources is in the vudeo

I'm very aware. The video also clearly states that the source has been right sometimes, and wrong some other times, which to me reeks of guessing. I've been burned by this kind of thing in the past, so I'm not fond of it.

why so serious bruh ? Just take it easy and relax ok? Everybody knows the next resident evil is in the work

Yeah. It's very likely to be in the works. This doesn't mean that the "source" here actually knows anything about it.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I'm very aware. The video also clearly states that the source has been right sometimes, and wrong some other times, which to me reeks of guessing. I've been burned by this kind of thing in the past, so I'm not fond of it.

Yeah. It's very likely to be in the works. This doesn't mean that the "source" here actually knows anything about it.

The guy who leaked PS3 rumours turns out to be right some times and wrong at the other occasion

the guy who leaked bloodborne is turns out to be right sometimes and wrong too at the other times

the other guy who leaked ps4 rumours turns out to be right sometimes and wrong at the other times

and theres the guy who leaked xbox one scorpio...well he turns out to be right sometimes and wrong at the other times

the guy who leaked xbox gamepass coming to nintendo switch turns out to be right at some ocasion and wrong at the other ocasion too

what should we do about them we cant trust anyone since nobody is always right

So if you really are tired with videogame rumours and leaks just wait until the game itself arrived at your local gamestop😂

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
The guy who leaked PS3 rumours turns out to be right some times and wrong at the other occasion

the guy who leaked bloodborne is turns out to be right sometimes and wrong too at the other times

the other guy who leaked ps4 rumours turns out to be right sometimes and wrong at the other times

and theres the guy who leaked xbox one scorpio...well he turns out to be right sometimes and wrong at the other times

the guy who leaked xbox gamepass coming to nintendo switch turns out to be right at some ocasion and wrong at the other ocasion too

So if you really are tired with videogame rumours and leaks just wait until the game itself arrived at your local gamestop😂

Yes. SOME rumors have proven right. For each, there are twenty that never happen and 100 false insiders.

Feel free to enjoy them. Don't mind me. I'm busy being so serious :messenger_smirking:

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Yes. SOME rumors have proven right. For each, there are twenty that never happen and 100 false insiders.

Feel free to enjoy them. Don't mind me. I'm busy being serious :messenger_smirking:

This Neogaf forum is made to discus everything about videogame that include rumours. People here loves having chit chat about it.

You do understand right? This RE8 been talked on many other forum not just Neogaf if you want to debate with all of them and questioned every source they have then be my guess

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Could we have an official rule that states it's not allowed to make a thread with just a video in the OP without at the very minimum bullet points in text giving us an idea as to what's in it in more detail?

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
This Neogaf forum is made to discus everything about videogame that include rumours. People here loves having chit chat about it.

Feel free. As much as I am free to express my disbelief of the source, which even the author of the video you posted doesn't really trust.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Feel free. As much as I am free to express my disbelief of the source, which even the author of the video you posted doesn't really trust.

The insider in the video was right about RE7 and RE2R leaks so feel free if you feel like you still dont trust them but I assume this is more about you having trust issues yes?

Last edited:

Mate, don't listen to Geki-D. He's just super sore because some fanboys get their ass whooped in an online environment, because they don't understand that Capcom sees a lot of their sheepish fans as a cash cow, and they half-ass a lot of their content, because they know the cult eats it up anyway. I've been saying that for like, forever too.

Elcid

Banned
Man I hope 8 has no retcons to the other games. I HATE retcons. I drop a series the second they introduce a retcon.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I sure hope they stay away from an island setting. I can't imagine how someone would just wind up on an island. Maybe I just can't imagine it all coming together so soonz
the last part of RE7 where you're in the ship was enough for me and the DLC where you're in a swamp. I think I'd miss the haunted house/building.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Even with the recent upturn in Capcom's output, given the way 6 (and 5, but it wasn't as bad) turned out I'm much more excited for the REmake3 than I am for a new title in the series.

Last edited:
I hope they do drop first person, it was an interesting experiment for 7 but it radically changes the feel, RE2 Remake's approach is perfect.

And I actually kinda wish they would retcon 5 and 6, or at least 6, obviously I understand that would be kinda cheaping out, but I'd forgive it because 5 and 6 were just so stupid.

Here's what I think they should do, use RE2 Remake as a jumping off point for a new continuity, after RE3 remake and potentially a CV remake pick up where CV left off and have us infiltrating Spencer castle and taking down Umbrella for good like what was originally planned for 4, forget about Los Plagas, forget about Africa and forget about whatever the fuck was going on in 6.

Then after that they could pick up from where 7 left off, 7 doesn't have to be stricken from the timeline as it was standalone enough with no direct ties to 4, 5 and 6 so you can easily grandfather it into the new continuity.

Again, I understand why retcons bother some because it does feel like cheating, but sometimes it's simply what's best, RE had a good little storyline going before it was royally screwed up, what made 7 work was it was a mostly standalone story, but going from there is going to be a challenge for Capcom working with the story they created in 4, 5 and 6.

Man i wish Silent Hill got this kind of love and hype and rumors. Imagine "True Silent Hill 5 coming after Silent Hill 1 remake".

That's Konami, though. Capcom is still going strong. I'm sure they will go back to third person again, as that's the style most associated with the series.

We could still get first person for potential spin off games.

I think even if they go back to claiming it is going to be a horror entry, it will still be action oriented. After all, part 8 is supposedly about the creators of Eveline. It will be hardcore horror, but very much an action game, I can be sure of.

I could imagine RE8 being like a more open Re7 with lots of buildings on a deserted island, and hookman coming out of the woodwork every once in a while to kick your ass.

For me, RE8 is the last chance I'll be taken with Capcom, following their mistreatment of the franchise. If they mess that up, I'm done with RE for good. I don't care much for remakes either, because they had an opportunity to do a remake like the first one and make it canonical, but they just failed to even deliver that, and what we got was no such thing. This is also a company that says they are listening to the fans, but the DLC for it was mostly pants.

Vawn

Banned
For me, RE8 is the last chance I'll be taken with Capcom, following their mistreatment of the franchise. If they mess that up, I'm done with RE for good. I don't care much for remakes either, because they had an opportunity to do a remake like the first one and make it canonical, but they just failed to even deliver that, and what we got was no such thing. This is also a company that says they are listening to the fans, but the DLC for it was mostly pants.

RE2 and RE7 were two of my favorite games from the last few years. I'm not sure what you're looking for.

RE2 and RE7 were two of my favorite games from the last few years. I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Maybe you just like them because they still feel new. I felt like that as well, for a bit. But they're not memorable games in the sense that you'll talk about them for years, like with the (first) remake, the original 2, or even RE4. In my opinion!

My god, in some alternate reality with happy fans.

Man, I miss Silent Hill. Favorite franchise of all time. :(

I know man, I know, I still think about Silent Hill a lot.

I just wish we could have gotten one last game as good as 3 (love the Heather avatar btw) before ti went downhill.

Last edited:
hallucinations would be great as long as they are implemented perfectly.

R3make before RE8 goes along with the whole rumor of r3make releasing winter of 2019

though if re8 maintains the first person perspective, i feel like they should alternate game releases with first person and third person games, even if they arent annual.

theres really no reason why CV wont get remade down the line as well, though after that, theyll run out of material to remake, would love to see a prequel or indirect sequel of 4 released to carry the third person torch, while 9/10 retains the first person timeline.

Why did Konami get rid of Team Silent anyway? I think they probably disagreed with Konami trying to copy Capcom and their genre altering decision to do action type horror games, and rightfully so. Konami were dumb to let go of such a talented group, but they shot themselves in the foot, and it caught up to them eventually.

I'm not liking the direction Capcom has been going in. They have been churning out a lot of generic titles that have been good, but hardly the classics some fans are trying to label them as, and I really don't like how Chris looks anymore. It is like putting your best shirt in the wash and all the bright dye pours out of it, so you have to buy something else.

It is just laziness and stupidly being merged to create an experience so inferior to the first four games. You know games are garbage when even a Dreamcast game is better than a PS4 one. They really would have had an even more generic game had Chris or any other main character been entirely left out of the game altogether. It felt like a cheap way to connect it to the previous sequels. Realistically speaking, how is it being connected to prior games? Oh, yeah. We find notes!

I want to roll my eyes around.

Top Bottom