• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8 Rumors

Aggelos

I wonder how many more years is this kind of "Dusk Golem anomaly" going to bother us and torment us...

I mean this charlatan called DuskGolem (a.k.a. AestheticGamer) is worse than COVID-19.
He spreads like a contagious disease everywhere..... and I don't get how people believe that this mountebank and charlatan is some sort of trusted leaker that people around the globe should trust blindly....
I can't wrap my head around how people buy into his sh*t so easily... Everywhere you go, you see his bull*shit being re-posted...
He's worse than a virus...

Last edited:
Yep, for the life of me I don't know why people think he's credible. I've found him to be much more of a miss than a hit. Whenever he's wrong it's always "oh plans changed". He's the Dave Meltzer of horror games, but without the credible past.
His RE2 leaks were great. Turned out his source was someone from 4Chan that was deliberately telling him fake shit to troll him to get him to leak fake information just to make Resetera look stupid.........more stupid than usual.

This real?
aqi6B2o.jpg

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
One more RE next year? Holy shit, Capcom finally managed to get their resources in check and release a new RE every year. They‘ve been talking about this for god knows how long.

Amazing to see they‘ll contine this and with this god damn quality. 7 and the two remakes are fukking godlike.

ksdixon

I have to say, I don't think werewolves fits into Resident Evil at all? Might as well have pulled a Devil May Cry/Haunting Ground and made it into a new IP.

ksdixon

His RE2 leaks were great. Turned out his source was someone from 4Chan that was deliberately telling him fake shit to troll him to get him to leak fake information just to make Resetera look stupid.........more stupid than usual.

Is this confirmed/well known? That kind of puts a damper on things.

Great Hair

Banned
Resident Evil is like Terminator. After 2 ... they kinda sucked with some ups and downs. If it really was part of Resident Evil: Revelations then im out. I dont consider REREV part of the official canon.

fred

I'm still waiting for them to bring 7 to PC VR :messenger_loudly_crying:

I might have to VorpX it at some point but I've got LOADS of VR games to wade through before I start doing that.

Life

I think they should go back and fix RE3 remake for now.

Game's already on shelves. The best way to "fix" it is by not buying the game and teach Capcom we're not just dumb consumers. But is that gonna happen though?

kiphalfton

Can we start banning threads with this dusk golem guy. Also jason schreier threads while you're at it.

Rumors are rumors... but come on. This guy posts vague enough details, that most the stuff he says could potentially be true.

Neff

Capcom finally managed to get their resources in check and release a new RE every year.

Or to look at it another way, RE7 was hacked into pieces for DLC, RE2 cut content from the original, and RE3 cuts content in addition to being too short.

Capcom's new fast track RE pipeline requires inevitable sacrifices, and we're seeing them.

*rossdoor.gif

Friendly reminder that there are far more OTS RE games than fixed camera/first person at this point, one came out yesterday, in fact.

OTS can take a break imo.

Reactions: RSB

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Game's already on shelves. The best way to "fix" it is by not buying the game and teach Capcom we're not just dumb consumers. But is that gonna happen though?
So, you're saying they're more likely to fix a game that sales nothing vs a game that sells millions of copies?
What you're saying makes no sense.

Life

So, you're saying they're more likely to fix a game that sales nothing vs a game that sells millions of copies?
What you're saying makes no sense.

Can't believe I have to explain this. They're NOT gonna add the cut content to RES 3 - unless it comes as DLC which you pay for. That's not a fix and you have to wait many months for it (if it happens). If you don't buy the game now, future games may not come out half-done, potentially, cos sales were so poor the last time they tried that.

SleepDoctor

Banned
So R3make is a buggy mess?

OT: I loved RE7 but it didn't feel like a RE game. I hope 8 could at least be a tps and feel like a real sequel.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Can't believe I have to explain this. They're NOT gonna add the cut content to RES 3 - unless it comes as DLC which you pay for. That's not a fix and you have to wait many months for it (if it happens). If you don't buy the game now, future games may not come out half-done, potentially, cos sales were so poor the last time they tried that.
This is not about future games. This is about RE3.

And what do you mean about cut content? Who says it was actually CUT from the game? It's just different than the original. If the game bombed, then they wouldn't brother going back to make changes to the game.

You're trying to "explain" things that makes no sense.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
So R3make is a buggy mess?

OT: I loved RE7 but it didn't feel like a RE game. I hope 8 could at least be a tps and feel like a real sequel.

It's not buggy. They just changed so many areas where it doesn't really feel like a true remake.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to be stuck with hillbillies again
on a fucking house
and I can finish the game under 5 hours
I don't want to face the same monster again or QTE bullshit
give me raid mode back and add most of the cast as skins/characters with different abilities
also STOP with the "realistic" characters FFS this is a game about fucking zombies

Nickolaidas

Banned
What if the virus this time acts like the Scarecrow's fear toxin? Creating numerous hallucinations that can cause your character to have a heart attack or a stroke if he cannot defeat those manifestations or manage to calm himself/herself? This could create a lot of tension, a limitless bestiary and really make you question everything you see and hear.

I'm getting pumped just thinking about it!

Is this confirmed/well known? That kind of puts a damper on things.
Well he posted a bunch of leaks right before the game released from a "source", including reconfirming it having fixed camera angle options, and then someone from 4Chan claimed to be the source and was deliberately giving him bad info, and then it turned out those leaks were actually wrong. So can't confirm if the 4Channer was actually the one deliberately giving him bad leaks to troll Resetera, but he posted leaks from a untrue source either way. His fake leaks might still be in a thread here if you look hard enough, but with a quick google search I did find posts from here where people were quoting his first fake leaks.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Repost from the other RE8 thread:

I'm on board with it. I don't think RE7 is nearly as good as people claim, but I think there is potential to explore more of that style of gameplay--I like the more adventure-game style feel of it, but having annual RE games are gonna get tiring.

According to Dusk Golem, the primary locations are the European Snowy Village and Castle like the previous leaks stated, and that's something I'm 100% down with. Not that I'm a stickler for a game being realistic, but the developers can may wild traps and puzzles fit more authentically into an old castle than, say, a residential estate or a police station. Plus, castle settings, especially while snow is hailing outside, are awesome.

Dusk also stated:

- There are 3 stalker enemies, and one of them is a... trickster witch?
- Ethan, Rebecca and Chris were the main protags when the game was Revelations 3, but since it became RE8, Rebecca was cut. He's not sure about the statues of Ethan.
- Started development as RE8, but the higher ups were concerned that it was "too weird", so it was going to be scrapped. The team was so passionate about this game that they fought to get it made. They eventually were given the go ahead to make it under the Revelations 3 title, but after testing with the game was so overwhelmingly positive, it given a bigger budget/team to beef it up to be a mainline entry, as well as an extra year of development.
-During the time this was being developed as Revelations 3 (which started in 2017), another game started development as RE8. Now that Revelations 3 is RE8 again, the other RE8 is now going to be RE9, and that game is years away.

Here's Dusk's post on the development of RE8:
Sales figures isn't what made this game. The development of this game is SO much more fascinating than many probably imagine, I'll love to talk about it in detail in the future but can't yet as it includes spoilers and some things better for someone else to reveal.

Essentially what happened is this game came into creation and was kept alive by pure passion of some of the devs. So this game was ORIGINALLY RE8, but in late 2017 it got turned into Rev 3 and stayed like that through most of development. A big reason the game did not go under was huge support by one of the series producers who kept pushing for this title to be made. Others in the company weren't as sure what fans of the franchise may think of it or that it might be "too weird" for Resident Evil.

But as Revelations 3 the game was 95% done late last year basically, it was fully playable and just being polished. They did some internal testing, and the reception to that was far, FAR more positive than they were expecting. People who didn't work on the game but work at Div 1 also played it and were surprised how good it came out.

The Ambassador Test held last year was to test it with more direct fans as they were toying with the idea of it being RE8, but they weren't sure what fans would think. However, the test, plus some other stuff (and especially the fact the other RE8 was years away from completion), meant Revelations 3 got an upgrade.

But the existence of the game has nothing to do with anything, it was a pure passion project by some people on the studio, which managed to be made and was originally kinda' thrown into a Revelations game as it's a side series, but due to circumstance and the actual quality of what was made, it gets a bigger chance to shine and gets an additional year to build onto it, polish it, etc.
Source

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gematsu also heard from one source familiar with ongoings at Capcom about the development of a Resident Evil 4 remake at M-Two and a first-person Resident Evil 8 due out in 2021, as well as that Resident Evil 8 will feature PlayStation VR support like its predecessor.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't know, with how optimistic and passionate the RE team was with what they learnt from RE2 Remake and their certainty that it was the future for the series going forward.
Kinda bizarre they would throw it away for another unproven project that seems to have had an uncertain future in development.

SuperGooey

I don't know, with how optimistic and passionate the RE team was with what they learnt from RE2 Remake and their certainty that it was the future for the series going forward.
Kinda bizarre they would throw it away for another unproven project that seems to have had an uncertain future in development.
I don't think Capcom is throwing away the framework set by RE2R. We saw it return in RE3R, and will likely return in the RE4 remake. And given that RE8 is sandwiched between OTS RE games, I think it's great that they are also trying to further develop the FP style, that was highly successful in RE7.

Not every RE games needs to play exactly like RE2R, and they shouldn't.

Nickolaidas

Banned
I don't think Capcom is throwing away the framework set by RE2R. We saw it return in RE3R, and will likely return in the RE4 remake. And given that RE8 is sandwiched between OTS RE games, I think it's great that they are also trying to further develop the FP style, that was highly successful in RE7.

This.

I think Capcom is doing the best thing in keeping everyone happy. Instead of making an RE game with the intention of being intended for all RE fans, they make various RE games addressed to different kinds of fans. And while I understand an RE fan wouldn't want a mainstream RE title not being intended for him/her/they, Capcom is doing the right thing.

My worries is the frequency. An RE released annually is too much for various reasons. Brand saturation, unpolished entries, etc. I don't want RE to turn into Asassin's Creed.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

I don't know, seems like outside of Remaking old titles they are creativity bankrupt regarding Resident Evil and are just slapping the RE brand on anything horror related projects they come up with.
Yes they can remake a game that captures the originals.
But can they make a new one?
So far, no it don't look like it.
Only if it's a FPH and completely unrelated with a few hints that it's connect.

Last edited:

Doom85

- Ethan, Rebecca and Chris were the main protags when the game was Revelations 3, but since it became RE8, Rebecca was cut. He's not sure about the statues of Ethan.

Christ, if this is true, even when Mikami's no longer involved (as he reportedly hated Rebecca), Rebecca fans still get screwed over. The Vendetta movie wasn't much, she got involved a little and then kidnapped for the rest of the movie. [sarcasm]Yay![/sarcasm]

I'm not even sure why Ethan would be involved unless he gets kidnapped or something. The end of 7 made it pretty clear he was done with this shit. I hope Mia isn't involved, I didn't give a shit about her at all and I think the game weirdly glossed over her being involved with bio-weapons.

Also, I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait forever for Revelations 3. To be perfectly honest, Rev 2 is one of my favorites of the series.

Granted, I'm skeptical of all these rumors for now.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TGO

OrionNebula

I’m trying to stay open-minded, but :
‘’you're in a village with multiple routes trying to make your way to a Castle, being attacked by Beast Men, zombies in armor with swords, and a Witch that laughs a lot’’

First half sounds extremely way too familiar for a RE game
Second half sounds like 🤮🤮 for a RE game

kiphalfton

Christ, if this is true, even when Mikami's no longer involved (as he reportedly hated Rebecca), Rebecca fans still get screwed over. The Vendetta movie wasn't much, she got involved a little and then kidnapped for the rest of the movie. [sarcasm]Yay![/sarcasm]

I'm not even sure why Ethan would be involved unless he gets kidnapped or something. The end of 7 made it pretty clear he was done with this shit. I hope Mia isn't involved, I didn't give a shit about her at all and I think the game weirdly glossed over her being involved with bio-weapons.

Also, I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait forever for Revelations 3. To be perfectly honest, Rev 2 is one of my favorites of the series.

Granted, I'm skeptical of all these rumors for now.

Don't care about Mia either. Gave the antidote to Zoe. You would have to be a cuck to give it to Mia, after she cut off your hand and tried to kill you.

Top Bottom