• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8: Village |OT| Dat Atmosphere is THICC

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

ha3RLzN.png

JhROdVj.png

3OtV7KU.png

OuvmOI5.png

2vVX9U2.png
6utqqlY.png
HGB7cPU.png
vqQ3tMu.png
9wQoFDJ.png
qMf5WuQ.png
7TgapVn.png

NOTE: Sorry for the rush job on the OT, folks. Been sick as a dog the past few weeks so I haven't had the time to put in more effort. I promise the next OT I make will be far more detailed than this!

fart town usa

Gold Member
Took a half day tomorrow.

Stoked to binge on this. Expecting good things but even as a huge fan of RE, I never get hyped. Hype is the path to the darkside, lol.

WellSheet

ha3RLzN.png

JhROdVj.png

3OtV7KU.png

OuvmOI5.png

2vVX9U2.png
6utqqlY.png
HGB7cPU.png
vqQ3tMu.png
9wQoFDJ.png
qMf5WuQ.png
7TgapVn.png

NOTE: Sorry for the rush job on the OT, folks. Been sick as a dog the past few weeks so I haven't had the time to put in more effort. I promise the next OT I make will be far more detailed than this!

Feel better! Thanks for still making one!

NewYork214

Excited to play at midnight. Just Pre-ordered to have it loaded. Sony needs to figure out the store. I was mad confused on the preload. No option for ps5 version in drop down menu. Got annoyed thinking maybe they are running it through BC but that would make no sense. Luckily it asked me if I wanted to download ps5 version after I gave up googling it and chose ps4 version.

Whining aside, really can't wait to play. Love everything RE. Really excited to get this going. And really hoping we get a psvr2 update when it launches.

Bartski

Gold Member
Got to the castle and so far it's been great, after binging on Returnal speed action for days this is just the change of pace I needed.

Still getting used to the handling and the timing of the "parry" which seems like the right way to handle Lycans to save ammo with free headshots.

DavidGzz

I forgot about the photo mode, so that means the player character has a full functioning model with animations. This means I will double dip on PC for the mods(3rd person mode plus Jill model). Preloaded on XSX for now.

Last edited:

Krizalidx11

Banned
On PC resolution scaling 120% or 1.2 adds a bit to the IQ so i recommend it , film grain and chromatic abberation is just bad, VRS helps with the fps but kinda makes the image blurry so it should be off for very high-end gpus

sol_bad

Do you need to have played RE7 to understand 8? I'm pretty positive my neice is buying me RE8 for my birthday.

Max_Po

Banned
Pre ordered DELUX PS5 on Amazon... ..

saw 20% off on GreemnanGaming.. got it on PC as well...

I AM R E A D Y

Arachnid

Not really.
Eh...

I mean, you don't need it to understand the main story of a father searching for his child. His relationship to Mia or Chris though? Their mutant child due to Mia's mold infection? Any lingering mold effects in Ethan? His training in-between games after he gets acquainted with the BSAA? I also have my theories about the mold originating from this region. There's also probably other throwbacks to RE7 I'm not aware of since I haven't played 8.

RE8 is a direct sequel to RE7, with the same characters and a branching storyline. IMO he should play RE7 first.

sol_bad

Eh...

I mean, you don't need it to understand the main story of a father searching for his child. His relationship to Mia or Chris though? Their mutant child due to Mia's mold infection? Any lingering mold effects in Ethan? His training in-between games after he gets acquainted with the BSAA? I also have my theories about the mold originating from this region. There's also probably other throwbacks to RE7 I'm not aware of since I haven't played 8.

RE8 is a direct sequel to RE7, with the same characters and a branching storyline. IMO he should play RE7 first.

Just reading all that sounds confusing. LOL
Maybe I should play 7.

jaysius

Banned
Better OT : keeps you runnin'

Because of all the unkillable baddies that are just there to pad out the game and make you run around in circles.

MistBreeze

played for nearly 2 hours

enjoying so far it is inline with what I expected

about the diffeculty

I decided first to play hard mode

but it was frustrating in the first major encounter and enemies are bullet sponges with no major indication to what enemy close to death

it is not that hard but it feels not balanced

I will not spoil anything

so I decided to play normal as I felt it is best for first playthrogh

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
played for nearly 2 hours

enjoying so far it is inline with what I expected

about the diffeculty

I decided first to play hard mode

but it was frustrating in the first major encounter and enemies are bullet sponges with no major indication to what enemy close to death

it is not that hard but it feels not balanced

I will not spoil anything

so I decided to play normal as I felt it is best for first playthrogh

If its anything like the last few games, it feels anything above normal is more balanced around a second or third playthrough when you unlock unlockables. RE3 in particular was a frustration machine in that regard.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Question for everyone who have reach that part

Heavy Spoiler !!!!!

Is it true that...

Ethan is a mold

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Got my copy, poster and steelbook.

Just need to wait for the new earphones I've ordered and we're good to go.

Reactions: Isa

Ryder

Holy shit at that first encounter in the village. That was far more intense than I thought it would be.
How do you get past it? I'm stuck there and I'm playing on hard. Saw a walk through video and I still don't know what to do lol.

VN1X

Banned
That thread title cracked me up lol.

Can't wait to get stuck in later this weekend! Might even go and try and speedrun RE7 before I start RE8 (there's an achievement for it!).

Last edited:
Anybody else having freezes/crashes? I'm on the digital PS5 version and I've had 3 freeze/crashes in the first half hour of the game. Uninstalled everything and redownloading now.

SkylineRKR

Way to go posting that thumbnail in the OT. Come on.

Gonna start with this after I wrapped up Alien Isolation, which could be today.

rofif

Banned
Way to go posting that thumbnail in the OT. Come on.

Gonna start with this after I wrapped up Alien Isolation, which could be today.
Yeah... I already seen some spoiler thumbnail on my yt home page and now this. I didn't got a good luck but I've seen 3nough. Fuck.

Chiggs

How do you get past it? I'm stuck there and I'm playing on hard. Saw a walk through video and I still don't know what to do lol.
I barricaded myself in, then ran around when things went south. The hammer guy showed up and nearly killed me, but I evaded him and then it went into a cut scene with him. Wasn’t easy.

Top Bottom