• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Archives (Wii) - U.S. date and price

MWCShay

I'm not counting games that were made for other systems and then ported over to the wii. Which includes these 2 gems, Re4Wii and Okami.

Z&W was an above average game but its like trying to get pre schoolers to do algebra. The look of it is very inviting to kids but the gameplay is way above most of their heads. It also didn't have an advertising budget worth a damn. I'm still seeing SF4 and RE5 commercials on TV and those games have been out for awhile now.

If capcom won't even advertise their own games then they must not think it's worth a shit.

Scrubking

pakkit said:

I knew someone was going to post that, but see here's the thing. I don't live in Japan so I don't count games that I'm never going to see or play.
And no I'm not hacking my Wii or paying extra to import.

Dascu

Scrubking said:
I knew someone was going to post that, but see here's the thing. I don't live in Japan so I don't count games that I'm never going to see or play.
Your loss, amigo.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0

$30 each.

Yeah Nintendo Power says the same thing. Controls have been reconfigured for Wii remote and Nunchuck, whatever that means.

Still not worth the price IMO.

Gee Capcom, I wonder why Wii fans are never satisfied. It's such a fucking riddle.

I snagged REmake and RE0 combined for $12 less than they're charging for them individually a generation later. I hope these shameless cash-ins go down in flames at retail, even if it means having to hear Sven opine about the Wii's audience again.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BrodiemanTTR said:
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0

$30 each.
what the fuck Capcom

cvxfreak

Capcom USA has blown it. I don't hold anything against them for porting the games to Wii, but they're probably killing a lot of their sales potential.

That said, I'm sure they'll still make a nice profit on these. I think they'll sell considerably better than the GC versions of RE2/RE3/CVX based on the Wii ports' performances in Japan.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
obligatory "Capcom just shot themselves in the foot" and all that jazz

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

pakkit

Banned
Scrubking said:
Capcom still ported it exclusively to the Wii system. It's not their fault that copyright issues make it nigh impossible to bring it over stateside.

So basically, Capcom are charging the same for REmake and RE0 as Nintendo are for NPC Pikmin, Mario Tennis, etc. Thought they haven't the same kind of upgrades as the NPC games.

$20-25US each would be more like it.

Mr. Pointy said:
So basically, Capcom are charging the same for REmake and RE0 as Nintendo are for NPC Pikmin, Mario Tennis, etc. Thought they haven't the same kind of upgrades as the NPC games.

...and doing fuck-all work on the titles, unlike Nintendo.

Gino

Capcom is full of shit man. THey say that we have to buy hard core games to get more hard core games instead of making something new they give us this bull shit.

RE 4 and UC both sold over 1 mil and we get Dark side cronicals and this BS.

It's pretty fuck'n sad.

Haunted

Wait, 30 each?

ldydx.gif

Fuu said:
^ This is even funnier now.
:lol

Meesh

Dead Man Typing said:
$30 each? That should not be the case.

Bad Capcom! Bad! You be nice to Wii owners!

Hard core pricing for hard core gamers? There had better be RE4.5 in the works if I'm gonna be putting up with this...

OnPoint

I considered replacing my GC copies if they were in the same package, mostly because the price was right. Now, not at that price.

Nemesis_

cvxfreak said:
$30 in a bundle is a good price; $60 really isn't. They better come with a DSC demo or something.
You would think so. Or at least something.

I was hoping this "pack" would be something like this:

pureevil2pack2_gcnboxboxart_160w.jpg

Which contained both games and some nice previews of RE4.

They could do exactly the same and include some nice promo material for DSC.

BUT NO CAPCOM USA! YOU DIDN'T.

I would rant about Capcom Europe but I didn't expect anything good to happen from them in the first place.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
well, the chances of me buying this just went from slim to none. if Capcom wants my money, they'll have to to earn it the old fashioned way: new (to me), intriguing games. they've been failing hard at this this gen, and i now have more Ubisoft (of all publishers) games than i do Capcom (3:1 respectively).

i'm still betting they'll probably announce an RE5 Wii by or at E3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wait... so what's the source on this claim?

EctoPrime

Did capcom even bother to re encode the video in RE0 Wii (J) edition, when it came to scene switching in the cube version the video just fell apart into a low bitrate blocky mess.

cvxfreak

doomed1 said:
well, the chances of me buying this just went from slim to none. if Capcom wants my money, they'll have to to earn it the old fashioned way: new (to me), intriguing games. they've been failing hard at this this gen, and i now have more Ubisoft (of all publishers) games than i do Capcom (3:1 respectively).

i'm still betting they'll probably announce an RE5 Wii by or at E3.

Why would Capcom kill DSC with an RE5 Wii port at E3?

Would be nice to see that happen.

Haunted said:
Brodieman
Wait... wait... wait a minute.

I think Brodieman was speculating/joking when he said $30 each, otherwise he would not have posted this:

BrodiemanTTR said:
So $30 for each is actually confirmed? Wow, thanks Capcom.

So, are we all jumping to conclusions?

Edit: nvm

comedy bomb said:
Yeah Nintendo Power says the same thing.

Curse you NP!

Top Bottom