• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Archives (Wii) - U.S. date and price

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
cvxfreak said:
Why would Capcom kill DSC with an RE5 Wii port at E3?

Would be nice to see that happen.
the same way they didn't kill UC with RE4 Wii edition. an RE5 Wii likely wouldn't come out until 2010, no matter how rushed it would be. also, why in God's name is there so much RE going to the Wii? why isn't it being made for the ps3 and 360? aside from easy cash, there's only one real plausible reason that Capcom would show such zeal towards building an up-to-date Resident Evil fanbase, and that would be a continuation of the series on the Wii. otherwise, who are they selling to? cross platform gamers? their numbers are far too small.

then again, i know nothing, i just have my hunches, and we'll see sooner or later if this hunch is right or just the rantings of some fool on the internet who's too bored for his own good...

Scrubking

doomed1 said:
the same way they didn't kill UC with RE4 Wii edition. an RE5 Wii likely wouldn't come out until 2010, no matter how rushed it would be. also, why in God's name is there so much RE going to the Wii? why isn't it being made for the ps3 and 360? aside from easy cash, there's only one real plausible reason that Capcom would show such zeal towards building an up-to-date Resident Evil fanbase, and that would be a continuation of the series on the Wii. otherwise, who are they selling to? cross platform gamers? their numbers are far too small.

then again, i know nothing, i just have my hunches, and we'll see sooner or later if this hunch is right or just the rantings of some fool on the internet who's too bored for his own good...

I think your setting yourself up for major disappointment. And just because they give the Wii a ton of ports and spinoffs doesn't mean they are setting it up for anything other than more ports and spinoffs.

I don't want to poop on your party, but I think it's very clear at this point that for Capcom the Wii is just an ATM to help fund their 360 games. They will never make a AAA, in-house Wii game that isn't primarily for Japan, and even if by some miracle they decide to port RE5 it will be outsourced to God knows who and given a miserable budget.

Just look at this thread. Wii owners who continue to believe in Capcom are going to find themselves in a lot of threads like this one.

:lol wait did you guys think I was reporting facts? I was just being cynical. I thought I called it on the pricing, guess I did one better.

But if it is in Nintendo Power then I guess I did call it.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Scrubking said:
I think your setting yourself up for major disappointment. And just because they give the Wii a ton of ports and spinoffs doesn't mean they are setting it up for anything other than more ports and spinoffs.

I don't want to poop on your party, but I think it's very clear at this point that for Capcom the Wii is just an ATM to help fund their 360 games. They will never make a AAA, in-house Wii game that isn't primarily for Japan, and even if by some miracle they decide to port RE5 it will be outsourced to God knows who and given a miserable budget.

Just look at this thread. Wii owners who continue to believe in Capcom are going to find themselves in a lot of threads like this one.
didn't we already establish that the whole "Wii spinoff games to fund good 360 games" model wasn't sustainable in any way shape or form? because i remember there being quite the discussion. no, the reason the Wii gets the "HD lite" games is because of moronic overemphasis of the Wii being a "risky" console and established game design structures apparently don't work. So, taking this line, what better way to justify and pad a major game release than to re-release prior games in the series to make SURE that the console user base has familiarity with the plot and wishes to advance it? i won't be disappointed beyond the simple fact that a prediction of mine was wrong, and then i'll just move on and play some more games. i mean, i was right when i predicted the Wii's success, and i have yet to be proven wrong on my analysis of the Wii's place in the living room (in fact, the data is continuing to point to me being right). so if i'm wrong on this count, i'll get over it. it's not that big of a deal for me.

my prediction was purely academic, and i'm not even sure if i would buy RE5 even if it came out for the Wii in the end after all. i'd much rather have something like the orange box ported to Wii (totally possible), but that probably won't happen. it certainly would be a chance for Valve to put their money where their mouth is and make their source engine as scalable as they claim it to be...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
From the banned site that goes somewhere (be careful with your trust):
16ixyqd.jpg

Yo dawg, I herd yo like boxarts...

Oxx

I wonder what the euro boxes will look like. REmake didn't get the rendered cover treatment over here.

They are releasing the Archives games in Europe, aren't they?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
doomed1 said:

If it's any consolation, I've believed the same thing for a while now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
TheEastonator said:
Ugh, so this really means they're going to be $30 each...
God dammit, Capcom.
Or there are two cases in one package like they did for the PS2 RE combo packs.

I don't believe me either. :(

Link

The Autumn Wind
TheEastonator said:
Ugh, so this really means they're going to be $30 each...
God dammit, Capcom.
If so, I retract my previous comment about Capcom not being completely retarded.

Dascu

Good job screwing this up, Capcom. All you had to do was put both games in one package for $30. I guess you couldn't resist the temptation of trying to squeeze more money out of us.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dascu said:
Good job screwing this up, Capcom. All you had to do was put both games in one package for $30. I guess you couldn't resist the temptation of trying to make us fail another test.
Fixed.

Oh fuck that, there's no way I'm getting either game now. Although at that price both will surely drop to the bargain bins pretty quickly anyway.

Dascu

Haunted said:
Brodieman said this initially- that was as good as confirmation. He doesn't mention stuff often, but his info is usually good.
Yeah, it's great to have industry insiders on this board.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Stalfos said:
There is a reason for that.
Yeah, I know. There's this recurring joke here on GAF of Konami making Castlevania.
But it's old as hell and it's not funny anymore.

Sadist

2e643f7c9d1c74491dfb1570544d2a9e.jpg

e096470bd451ae368e41cf08915db9a9.jpg

The Raccoon City Police Department doesn't know what happened to the Special Tactics and Rescue Service (S.T.A.R.S.) team it sent out to investigate the Arklay Mountain area, where a number of people have recently gone missing. The unit's helicopter seems to have crashed in the woods, and it hasn't received any contact from the squad since. The department decides to dispatch another S.T.A.R.S. unit, the Alpha team, to check things out… but something goes terribly wrong.

You take control of S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team members Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (both recently seen in the smash hit, Resident Evil 5). Your mission is to investigate the ominous mansion at the core of the horrific disaster and uncover the secrets behind a radical, genetic research facility. With unspeakable horrors lurking around every corner, the ultimate test will be to make it out alive! Relive the thrills and terror that defined the genre of Survival Horror and launched a franchise that has sold over 40 million games worldwide.

Features:

• The Original, Reborn: This is a Wii version of the classic Resident Evil remake, originally released on GameCube in 2002 which featured new rooms, areas, items and creatures that were not included in the PlayStation original released in 1996

• Survival of the Fittest: Battle against putrid zombies, infected dogs and horrific gigantic bosses as you struggle to survive

• Defense Weapons: Defensive weapons protect characters when being attacked

• Your Favorite Resident Evil Characters on the Wii: Play as Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, who each uncover two completely different paths as they explore deep within the horrific mansion

• In-depth Puzzles: Solve dangerous, intricate puzzles and uncover terrifying secrets

• More than 10 Different Game Endings: Unique endings dependent upon play decisions and successes

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/04/28/captivate09_resident_evil_archives

Magnus

If progressive scan support is for real, I'll think about it. $30 for both would have sealed the deal. Oh well.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
wow.. 0 and REmake are like $12 and $20 used from gamestop respectively. And they want $30 for no extra content for just one of them?

I just don't know what to do with you capcom. just say no folks, just say no..

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Are they putting ALL the resident evils on wii again? I mean I know it's just remake and zero at this moment, but I can vividly see 2/3/Code Veronica coming out, even without the photoshops. Why can't they just make this a xbox live and psn affair?

• More than 10 Different Game Endings: Unique endings dependent upon play decisions and successes

I'm sure this is technically true for the number of routes that you take to those endings, but I'm pretty sure there are only 7 endings(4 for each character minus the one that's duplicated for both of the). Unless you can get endings with the
same survivors but the mansion explodes/doesn't explode.

More games should have multiple endings based on gameplay decisions that you didn't know you were making.

EDIT: And yes, I just spoiler tagged a 13 year old game's ending(s).

borghe

erlim said:
Why can't they just make this a xbox live and psn affair?
because they could never get away with charging $30 (or even $20) a piece on those systems.

billy.sea

Banned
If the Gamecube wasn't so underrated and only a tiny percentage of people played the awesomeness of REmake, I would say it's a rip-off.

But seeing Nintendo is doing the exact same thing with the same price with Pikmin, Metroid Prime and Mario Tennis, I'll say this isn't so bad.

borghe

billy.sea said:
Xbox Origins sell for $15 on XBLA.

because they could never get away with charging $30 (or even $20) a piece on those systems.

charging $30 (or even $20) a piece on those systems.

charging $30 (or even $20) a piece

$30 (or even $20) a piece

last time I checked $15 was nothing like $20 or $30, and if my memory serves the only game to EVER be released at $20 on XBLA was Penny Arcade and only non-retail game to be released over like $15 on PSN was Tekken DR

billy.sea said:
But seeing Nintendo is doing the exact same thing with the same price with Pikmin, Metroid Prime and Mario Tennis, I'll say this isn't so bad.
Proper wiimote controls and widescreen makes a bit of difference.

Top Bottom