• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Mr_Zombie

All three of those fights are symptomatic of in-over-their-head developers who couldn't nail good design and dramatic/cinematic set pieces at the same time so they just chose to say 'fuck it' and go solely for the latter.

You forgot about the last section of Alexia's boss battle - when you have to shoot her with Linear Launcher. I can't tell you how many times did I beat Alexia, but died at that part of the boss battle because, as you said, FPP controls in the game are garbage, and Alexia flies around the screen like crazy.

Jawmuncher

Feels like Billy is a one off character. He's officially dead so I suppose that would make it difficult to get a government job.

I could see him coming back. If they wanted to go lazy they could have Leon when he was buds with the president pardon. Why he would ask for such a favor is another story.

I get what you are saying but I think the series has been going down the path of military theme long before RE5&6. RE2 is where you start to get spec ops like soldiers involved, RE3 focuses even more on them with Umbrella's own Delta Force equivalent, and Code Veronica spends a lot of the game inside different military bases. RE4 does flip things back to 2/3 horror and gothic and then 1/3 military but even that is blunted with the lighter tone from Leon's quips and the colorful but not scary leadership of the cult.

It never interfered with the atmosphere in those games and was mostly innocuous. In CV it was set on a military foundation but was still totally atmospheric and there was no actual military on the island and no big shootbang segments. The sense of isolation was there in spades. It was super overboard in 6 though and while it was doing that it wasn't being interesting. Again the only thing I'm saying is that you can do these things but in a better way and every example I've seen folks make from the earlier games only backs that up; the earlier ones have some of these elements but they're handled in such a way where it doesn't kill the vibe.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Feels like Billy is a one off character. He's officially dead so I suppose that would make it difficult to get a government job.

I'd be happy to never see Billy again, I didn't like his character and he just seemed unnecessary. I always thought it was kinda weird that a military police transport would just happen to be going through the remote Arklay Mountains just as the outbreak hit, I'd have much rather the other character be someone from Bravo team. I think this may be just part of how I resent the game for being so disconnected from RE1.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Mr_Zombie

And to think that it's all because he overslept on his first day on the job. If only he was on time, he would be a zombie food instead of various presidents' best buddy.

Reebot

Really? I honestly can't think of a single other plothole, and even that one can be handwaved as the army/national guard temporally retreating after being overwhelmed. It'd be a huge coincidence that this happened just when Leon and Claire entered the city but beside that it'd work. What other plot holes are there?

Uh, is this a joke? That sounds mean, I know, but I legit cannot imagine intaking the RE plots and thinking, "yeah, that fits together." If nothing else, there's the always present teleportation of side characters into rooms they could not possibly have been.

But no one plays video games in general, much less something as insane as RE, for airtight plots.

Jessica with short hair in her FBC outfit is the best character design in the series

game_cha4_img_l.jpg

Actually, that's (objectively) Sniper Claire from Rev 2.

Manu

My favorite design in the series is possibly Sherry in RE6. Such an amazing update.

Sniper Claire is up there, though.

Neiteio

Moira needs to come back as a full-fledged agent, with creative new ways of swearing

A game with Moira and Barry adventuring together would be amazing

Seyavesh

This Year is our only guess for the announcement. At this point I don't see it coming out until 2017.

i will bet that it gets announced and comes out within this year and that the announcement and release will be within 3-4 months of each other

this would also explain how/why they've already got the ball rolling on DMC/whatever itsuno is making too.
and why RE2 remake is allowed to be public knowledge so early

then again it's capcom and who knows what the hell they are thinking

Jawmuncher

i will bet that it gets announced and comes out within this year and that the announcement and release will be within 3-4 months of each other

RE is big but that seems a bit much unless someone else is footing the advertising. AC and COD games get more lead to than that.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
RE is big but that seems a bit much unless someone else is footing the advertising. AC and COD games get more lead to than that.

The first footage of RE6 was at E3 2012 IIRC, so it's possible, I don't know when that game was announced though. They must have been working on it for over 3 years now so hopefully it won't be too long.

Although if it's anything like RE6 I hope it never comes out.

Possible RE7 release to coincide with the next movie which I believe is this year?

I think the film is early 2017.

Fehyd

Banned
Ive more or less grown up with the series, and I honestly can't think of a mainline game I haven't enjoyed.

If anything Id like to keep the RE6 style game as well as the slower atmospheric style game.

Jawmuncher

The first footage of RE6 was at E3 2012 IIRC, so it's possible, I don't know when that game was announced though. They must have been working on it for over 3 years now so hopefully it won't be too long.

Although if it's anything like RE6 I hope it never comes out.

I think the film is early 2017.

We had the reveal and first trailer in January 2012. With release in October (which was actually moves up from November).
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Jawmuncher

I'm placing my bets we'll see Resident Evil 7 on March 22nd. That's the 20th anniversary of the series, and there's hints Capcom is collecting reviews quotes for Resident Evil 6 Remaster to be revealed on March 22nd, and I doubt Resident Evil 6 is the only thing they'll be doing or announcing for the series 20th anniversary.

Resident Evil 6 was actually first shown in Janurary of 2012, just a random day, with this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4

Collecting review quotes when was this?

Dusk Golem

I'm more curious to see what the heck REmake 2 is going to look like more than anything else RE related. We're nearly 6 months from it being announced so I'm hoping to see something on it when E3 rolls around.

Manu

Maybe we're getting a "RE6 Definitive Edition" in the vein of what they did with DmC?

Both were polarizing games, and it only makes sense for them to rework them instead of just remastering them and calling it a day.

Sadist

I'm placing my bets we'll see Resident Evil 7 on March 22nd. That's the 20th anniversary of the series, and there's hints Capcom is collecting reviews quotes for Resident Evil 6 Remaster to be revealed on March 22nd, and I doubt Resident Evil 6 is the only thing they'll be doing or announcing for the series 20th anniversary.

My prediction is that they'll reveal Resident Evil 6 HD Remaster, reveal Resident Evil 7, have a new trailer for Umbrella Corps, probably announce some toy line or whatever not game thing, and show a teaser for REmake 2. The last one I wouldn't guess except the people at Resident Evil 2 Reborn, the cancelled remake fan game, got to see REmake 2 and said they were shown something excited, "That you all will probably see sooner than you expect."

Resident Evil 6 was actually first shown in Janurary of 2012, just a random day, with this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4
Finally Resident Evil Amiibo.

Leon RE2 Amiibo would buy ten

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Maybe we're getting a "RE6 Definitive Edition" in the vein of what they did with DmC?

Both were polarizing games, and it only makes sense for them to rework them instead of just remastering them and calling it a day.
It'll be a remaster with all dlc and some (probably pretty fun/funny) bonus content. I'd bet $$$ on it.

Jawmuncher

http://www.craveonline.co.uk/entertainment/950177-resident-evil-6-remaster-making-way-ps4-xbox-one

I got confirm also from someone I know they were approached for a Resident Evil 6 review quote for some 20th anniversary event Capcom is planning. Notice it's worded as an 'event', and while they did not say what the review quote is for, the likely answer is RE6 Remaster. And since it's an event for the series 20th anniversary, I doubt it's just RE6 Remaster they're going to reveal.

That's interesting. The event stuff itself is worth a thread I would think. It does seem like a big resident evil event would be the best place to announce a bunch of RE stuff. Kind of like how Capcom used to have those Captivates or whatever they were called where they just showed off a bunch of their stuff.

we know a RE6 for this gen is happening. The Korean rating board leaked it. However I do think it'll be like DMC DE where there will be numerous new tweaks to it.

My fiance', her brother and I picked it up at midnight and played overnight together. It was like a LAN party.

I beat Chris's campain in the morning and I remember hearing my fiance' cry from the bedroom (she had gone to take a nap) " Awwwww Piers!!!"
That's cool. The 4 player coop stuff when it happened was really cool.

Jawmuncher

It'll be a remaster with all dlc and some (probably pretty fun/funny) bonus content. I'd bet $$$ on it.

I think s big way to sell a new version aside from that and tweaks to the game would be for it to have a new chapter. I think a lot of people would jump in if it included some sort of prelude to RE7.

Dusk Golem

braves01

Banned
Yep. Especially obvious when comparing the graphics (pre-rendered backgrounds FTW)

I played GameCube RE3 through component on Wii recently, and it looks damn good backgrounds and all. OP should like to one of threads that compares all the version differences if it doesn't do so already.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I played GameCube RE3 through component on Wii recently, and it looks damn good backgrounds and all. OP should like to one of threads that compares all the version differences if it doesn't do so already.

A thread that compares RE version differences? If anyone has links, I'll be happy to include in the OP

Dusk Golem

Jawmuncher

A RE 20th Anniversary Event I think would end up having

Merchandise
Resident Evil 7 reveal
Resident Evil 6: Definitive reveal
RE2make reveal
Umbrella Corps new trailer
-Then lastly I think ports of other various RE games or another HD collection of some kind. Outbreak has been rumored a lot lately

Evolved1

I think s big way to sell a new version aside from that and tweaks to the game would be for it to have a new chapter. I think a lot of people would jump in if it included some sort of prelude to RE7.
Nope. Way too expensive. The bloat on RE6 was absurd, even selling so many copies it was considered a disappointment (their expectations were unrealistic) and I just cannot see them investing the money required to create RE6-like content and safely make their money back. These are only getting greenlit because they're easy earners. Clean up the appearance / performance, add a couple costumes, and maybe make some player comfort adjustments (small additions to improve accessibility) and slap a $40 sticker on it.

It has to support online (they cannot avoid it - would if they could) so it'll be $40 for that reason. Bank it.

Jawmuncher

Nope. Way too expensive. The bloat on RE6 was absurd, even selling so many copies it was considered a disappointment (their expectations were unrealistic) and I just cannot see them investing the money required to create RE6-like content and safely make their money back. These are only getting greenlit because they're easy earners. Clean up the appearance / performance, add a couple costumes, and maybe make some player comfort adjustments (small additions to improve accessibility) and slap a $40 sticker on it.

It has to support online (they cannot avoid it - would if they could) so it'll be $40 for that reason. Bank it.

I mean they added content to DMC4:SE. When it comes to a lot of it they could just reuse assets. Have a new character go through the same levels with some new exposition.

Though overall I would just prefer tweaks to the game such as a new tutorial and some fixing to the vehicle sections.

Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Manu

Maybe a RE6: Director's Cut, where you have a single 12+ hour campaign with the best bits of each of the four original campaigns, in chronological order?

I'd play that.

Dusk Golem

Evolved1

Couldn't disagree more about chronological playthrough.

strafer

http://www.craveonline.co.uk/entertainment/950177-resident-evil-6-remaster-making-way-ps4-xbox-one

I got confirm also from someone I know they were approached for a Resident Evil 6 review quote for some 20th anniversary event Capcom is planning. Notice it's worded as an 'event', and while they did not say what the review quote is for, the likely answer is RE6 Remaster. And since it's an event for the series 20th anniversary, I doubt it's just RE6 Remaster they're going to reveal.

Oh shit!

A RE 20th Anniversary Event I think would end up having

Merchandise
Resident Evil 7 reveal
Resident Evil 6: Definitive reveal
RE2make reveal
Umbrella Corps new trailer
-Then lastly I think ports of other various RE games or another HD collection of some kind. Outbreak has been rumored a lot lately

This is awesome. Get me this.

Zambatoh

For those who don't know the 'chronological order', it goes like:

Chris 1
Chris 2
Jake 1
Jake 2
Leon 1
Leon 2
Leon 3
Chris 3
Jake 3
Jake 4
Leon 4
Chris 4
Jake 5
Chris 5
Leon 5
Ada's Campaign

If we're following the chronological order of the missions, wouldn't Chris 2 have to be before Chris 1 since it takes place six months prior?

Top Bottom