• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Jawmuncher

I doubt we see it at PSX now. Looks like they'll save it for E3.annoying though since they keep saying we'll see it soon.

Actually I'll bet on PSX. RE7 Gold is out a few days after. A teaser of RE2make would help sakes of gold. Especially if they announce some shit like "if you own the gold or season pass you get access to a demo"

Golnei

The whole "Redfield" is so weird especially watching MvC gameplay and the healthbar literally just being "Chris"

maxresdefault.jpg

Is there any possible way to watch Resident Evil Vendetta digitally in 4k HDR? Or is that strictly only for the 4k blu ray physical release?

Zambatoh

Anyone else playing Revelations Raid mode on PS4?

The online seems dead, I search for partners and more often than not has no results.

I occasionally do some raids. But because of the Plus Paywall, I can't play online.
I believe the PC community is still pretty active though. Being free probably helps.

Jawmuncher

I'm the only one who finds that the Molded designs are one of the most boring enemies in the franchise?

Nope, Capcom hasn't released anything on that front, as far as I remember.

Resident Evil in general has been slacking lately on designs. I swear whatever is next better not have any fucking slimy or goopy enemies. Go back to more solid stuff like lickers, hunters, and tyrants.

BOWs expertly crafted for killing

I'm the only one who finds that the Molded designs are one of the most boring enemies in the franchise?

nah you ain't lol

Slightly better than The Ooze tho

They had a pretty decent reveal in game at least, and are best when they're a sporadic encounter early on. And then there's a huge chunk of the game where they don't even show up

Nope, 4 black blobs hard to tell apart. Easily worst in series.

Revelations and the Ooze are similar concept only done right, all the Ooze types are very unique, plus game has other enemies which helps.

Yep, even though they don't appear that much in game, Capcom should have done a better job with the enemy design...

I hope they fix this issue in the next titles, the first games had great enemies (lickers, hunters, etc)

Yep, even though they don't appear that much in game, Capcom should have done a better job with the enemy design...

I hope they fix this issue in the next titles, the first games had great enemies (lickers, hunters, etc)

ya i hope RE8 returns to a freaky varied monster mash like every other game in the series

Say what you will about RE6 (I know I will) it certainly had a roster of baddies

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

ya i hope RE8 returns to a freaky varied monster mash like every other game in the series

Say what you will about RE6 (I know I will) it certainly had a roster of baddies
6 is one of my least favorites games in the series, but yeah, it had a good amount of different enemies.

RE8 should be an improvent over 7 in that aspect, I hope so.

Does anyone have the Capcom made RE statues as well as the MvCI statues?
Wondering if they would display well on a shelf together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PKgq2lYYDg

Not a Hero DLC live stage demonstration live right now.

Are they making Chris' shotgun as an airsoft gun now or was that just part of the silly nature of Japanese stage things?

I do know TM is making the Albert 01.

Edit: dat Iphone STARS case.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
What's everyone's suggestion for best way to play RE1 (not REmake) these days?

I would imagine playing it emulated on psx with sub-pixel precision would make it look the best. There's a PC version that looks nice, but it's pretty difficult to get running on modern PCs.

I really think Capcom should remaster 1-3 and release them like Square is for the playstation generation Final Fantasies. Just rerelease it on PS4, XBOXone, Switch, GOG; everything. I've said that a lot---that they should do a Mega Man Legacy style collection.

Nope, 4 black blobs hard to tell apart. Easily worst in series.

Revelations and the Ooze are similar concept only done right, all the Ooze types are very unique, plus game has other enemies which helps.

The base molded is one of my favorites in contrast, but it lost its charm/impact rather quickly due to it being about all there is (with the fat molded, leapers, and most bosses being worse).

MvCI chart thread really reminded me that I just don't get why Capcom doesn't milk Resident Evil at all.

One of the few series that can easily support it but Capcom just doesn't.

They could easily go the AssCreed road and release yearly.

Im not going that far(though I think a Rev1 tier ever other year isn't too ridiculous)
A Division "like" Resident Evil Online...

But mainly give me a standalone Mercenaries or Raid mode game.
sell me Jill Valentine for RE6's Mercenaries for $5+
sell costumes for RE6's Mercenaries
sell me STARS Chris, Jill and Wesker for Rev2 for about $10
sell Ada and Rebecca for Rev 2 for $5 each
sell stages
(its obviously probably too late for 6 but do it near release. Do it for Rev2 since that is coming to the Switch)

Heck take Raid from Revelations
- all maps from 1&2
- Rev Chris & Jill, Rev2 Claire & Moira, Re6 Leon
+ Lost in Nightmares map, LiN Chris & Jill. $10~
+ RE4 Village->Church, RE4 Leon & Ada. $10~
+ Spencer Mansion, STARS Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Barry, Wesker. $19.99
+ RPD, RPD Leon & Claire. $10~
+ RE5 Map, RE5 Chris & Sheva. $10~
+ RE6 Map, Jake & Sherry. $10~
+ RE3 Map, Jill & Carlos. $10~
+ etc

Use the simulation setting of Rev2's Raid and it specifically excuses lesser quality assets.
You could even have it go classic style on the pre-rendered maps(like the option LiN had)
The entire Spencer Mansion(RE1 or REmake's ) could be a full Ghost Ship style map.

Mr_Zombie

They could easily go the AssCreed road and release yearly.

But Capcom has been releasing a new RE game almost every year. Not including ports, re-releases, HD remasters and updated editions (RE1 Director's Cut, CVX, RE5 Gold Edition, RE Deadly Silence), it goes something like this:

1996: Resident Evil 1
1998: Resident Evil 2
1999: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
2000: Resident Evil Survivor, Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
2001: Resident Evil Gaiden
2001/2002: Resident Evil: Survivor 2
2002: REmake, Resident Evil Zero
2003: Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil: Dead Aim
2004/2005: Resident Evil Outbreak File#2
2005: Resident Evil 4
2007: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
2009: Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
2011: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
2012: Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
2015: Resident Evil: Revelations 2
2016: Resident Evil Umbrella Corps
2017: Resident Evil 7

Not all those games are AAA (or even AA) material, but it's still a RE game.

Capcom don't seem to be the type of company to release a product and take feedback for support, if they did a standalone Mercs on console any DLC would be preplanned, released shortly after and that would be it.

I wouldn't expect anything fans think makes easy sense, in RE5 they didn't even put Jill and Wesker in Mercs Reunion, or add the Mercs Reunion characters to Versus mode.

Every game of theirs I play always has something that makes me think "Why would they do that?" related to limiting enjoyment.

Reknoc

Mercs and Raid would be perfect for a F2P online game (or full priced, games as a service bollocks), guess RE is more protected than Dragons Dogma.

Kazuhira

Throw some sandbox battle royale game while you're at it,and combine it with No Mercy mode and RE6 gameplay.
Wait,that kinda sounds like MGSurvive.

RE2 boardgame up on kickstarter, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/resident-eviltm-2-the-board-game?ref=discovery
already over 100k of the 200k goal.

A battle royale in Raccoon City for the anti-virus,
could be fun.

I play tested it at Gen Con, I can confirm it's a ton of fun and does a great job of recreating a "Resident Evil" feeling in a board game. Even from my short session I could tell they did a much better job translating RE2 to the tabletop than they did with Dark Souls.

People are hungry for some RE2 lol.

I'd pay a ridiculous amount for them to throw in
latest

as an additional game piece.

I play tested it at Gen Con, I can confirm it's a ton of fun and does a great job of recreating a "Resident Evil" feeling in a board game. Even from my short session I could tell they did a much better job translating RE2 to the tabletop than they did with Dark Souls.

Nice, im automatically in as a sucker for RE merchandise but thats great to know.

Top Bottom