• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Jake2by4

Decided to go through my backlog and finish mopping up the rest of REmake trophies left Invisible Enemy and Real Survival. Real Survival was a pain.

cvxfreak

He was already back for MvCI, strike had nothing to do with it.
Vendetta wouldn't have been in conflict with the strike either.

Sadly its just Capcom being Capcom.

REmake actors immediately dropped.(Rebecca even had a different voice in Zero from REmake)
RE4 Leon is incredibly popular -> actor was dumped after Degeneration and Darkside Chronicles.(Dude voiced Leon and even the Merchant)
Jill's Umbrella Chronicles voice was dropped after UC, RE5 and Mercs3D
Jill's MvC3 voice had 1 game
Chris' Umbrella Chronicles voice had 1 game
Leon's ORC voice was 1 game
Leon's RE6 voice had 1 game and 2 CG movies but will be replaced for REmake 2.

Sadly we are lucky we had RCS's Chris for RE5, RE6, Rev1, REDC, MvC3, MvCI

Chris’ UC voice = Vendetta voice

I like both Kevin Dorman and RCS. Totally don’t mind either one.

RE7 Chris isn’t a good fit from what we’ve heard. :(

So after seeing the FaceApp thread I thought would be amusing to use it on RE characters, here the results using the smile, old (young for Wesker and Barry) and gender flip features.

7IiKwNN.jpg

dfyAsGG.jpg

wkVjRyw.jpg

Re4KW95.jpg

sWyu0nT.jpg

ttpgwxi.jpg

Q6NCujq.jpg

v7eQpST.jpg

giNsUIa.jpg

ofmfq1t.jpg

Becca gets beard as already smiling.

2wGU2b0.jpg

JXErnR4.jpg

CYKfJ0G.jpg

TzNLtLX.jpg

TUOVRwL.jpg

Enjoy.

Jawmuncher

So after seeing the FaceApp thread I thought would be amusing to use it on RE characters, here the results using the smile, old (young for Wesker and Barry) and gender flip features.

7IiKwNN.jpg

dfyAsGG.jpg

wkVjRyw.jpg

Re4KW95.jpg

sWyu0nT.jpg

ttpgwxi.jpg

Q6NCujq.jpg

v7eQpST.jpg

giNsUIa.jpg

ofmfq1t.jpg

Becca gets beard as already smiling.

2wGU2b0.jpg

JXErnR4.jpg

CYKfJ0G.jpg

TzNLtLX.jpg

TUOVRwL.jpg

Enjoy.

Welcome to the world of Survival Horror

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

I'm gonna be doing an RE 7 LTTP thread soon enough. Was surprised by the guest appearance. Spoiler:

tumblr_o705mulfp11qkejxno1_400.gif

Tone was nothing like what I expected based off of what I've heard from others.

This is my First post in the community so my greetings to all of you

There is something I have been wondering about regarding Resident Evil titles sales numbers in Capcom's Platinum list , Do the late PC Ports including Steam count as a separate entry or they are merged with the Original release ? For Example , Resident Evil 5 - Resident Evil 6 - Street Fighter IV - Devil May Cry 4 - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Dead Rising 3 - DmC Devil May Cry - Street Fighter X Tekken , All of them had a late PC port whether it is days , weeks or months delay and they don't have the PC Tag in the Platforms column , While on the other side , Games like RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard - Dead Rising 2 - Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Resident Evil (HD Remastered) - Resident Evil Revelations - Street Fighter V - Ultra Street Fighter IV - Remember Me - Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster , Who all had a PC release in the same day as the original SKU release , All of them had the "PC" tag in the platforms column

Someone may say that Steam numbers are included in the "DL" tag , While this is true according to Capcom description , but that same description also describes the tag as a "collection" of all digital numbers whether it is PSN , XBL , Nintendo eshop or Steam , So there is no way we can know if Late Steam Ports are included in the "DL" tag of the original release or not , There are two cases that caught my attention , REmake and RE0 both originally didn't had a Retail release except for a PS3 Retail Release in Japan and the Origin Collection which is a different Release , So in theory if we originally assumed that any tag that isn't a "DL" means the Retail SKU then they should only had a "PS3 , DL " tags , however Both of them had the "PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/ Xbox One/PC/DL" Tags , The other case is DmC case , The game sold 1M before the PC Release which was delayed three weeks after the console version , and the game now is 1.3M on Steam and is 1.9M on Capcom's Platinum list , So unless the console versions of the game really really bombed that hard then I highly doubt that the PC release is included in the original release entry

Next Capcom Report could clear this thing , Resident Evil 6 is now at 1.3M on Steam and DmC is now at 1.2M on Steam , So lets see if Capcom will insert them as Separate release or They are already included in the original release entry

Jawmuncher

I’ve looked at the sales and unless they list PC directly I don’t think capcom includes steam sales unless they specifically label PC.

However I think the steam sales are reflected in the total sales on the franchise sales page. Why they aren’t listing Steam sales is anyone’s guessing. Only though is they don’t wanna list bundled games or something.

PC is only listed when a physical PC release, otherwise it falls under DL.

Versions that did not release same time as others are counted separately.

They also pretty iffy about what regions they count as physical for PC, EU often ignored.

PC is only listed when a physical PC release, otherwise it falls under DL.

Versions that did not release same time as others are counted separately.

They also pretty iffy about what regions they count as physical for PC, EU often ignored.

Thanks for answering , I was under that impression , But there are 3 notes that caught my attention :

1-) REmake and RE0 both originally didn't had a Retail release except for a PS3 Retail Release in Japan and the Origin Collection which is a different Release , So in theory if we originally assumed that any tag that isn't a "DL" means the Retail SKU then they should only had a "PS3 , DL " tags , however Both of them had the "PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/ Xbox One/PC/DL" Tags

2-) DmC case , The game sold 1M before the PC Release which was delayed three weeks after the console version , and the game now is 1.3M on Steam and is 1.9M on Capcom's Platinum list , So unless the console versions of the game really really bombed that hard to the degree that the remaining 900K all these years and discounts are all PC numbers then I highly doubt that the PC release is included in the original release entry

3-) How we are so sure that Steam's late port will fall under the original release's "DL" tag and not a new entry titled " PC/DL" , for example the RE6 Port on PS4/X1 had the following tags " PS4/Xbox one/DL " so as you can see they didn't merge the Port's "DL" with the original release's "DL"

I just wish someone from Capcom could clear how this works

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Thanks for answering , I was under that impression , But there are 3 notes that caught my attention :

1-) REmake and RE0 both originally didn't had a Retail release except for a PS3 Retail Release in Japan and the Origin Collection which is a different Release , So in theory if we originally assumed that any tag that isn't a "DL" means the Retail SKU then they should only had a "PS3 , DL " tags , however Both of them had the "PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/ Xbox One/PC/DL" Tags

If a game is digital only on PS4 I'm pretty sure it is listed as "PS4/DL." Applies to your third point too.

Besides that REmake HD did get a physical PS4 SKU in Japan, was a typical game case but game was a download code with a soundtrack CD in the case.

I've no idea how re-release bundles are counted, Japan gets lots of those.

2-) DmC case , The game sold 1M before the PC Release which was delayed three weeks after the console version , and the game now is 1.3M on Steam and is 1.9M on Capcom's Platinum list , So unless the console versions of the game really really bombed that hard to the degree that the remaining 900K all these years and discounts are all PC numbers then I highly doubt that the PC release is included in the original release entry

Sometimes games we know broke 1m are not listed for who knows what reasons. The flat steam figure does not show solo sales or bundles etc which may not be counted together, or the PC may just be counted separately. Who knows.

I've fallen into a blackhole of cancelled Resident Evil goodness (come back Newsbot) and I've had one of my twice annual obsessions with Devil May Cry when it existed as Resident Evil 4.

Jawmuncher

It's kinda sad seeing the RE7 modding community dead in the water.
I'm guessing Denuvo (Even if it's cracked) is a factor in this? The RE modding community is still strong for all the other games on steam but RE7. Since it seems there's no tools of any kind to get an idea on it.

I'm guessing Denuvo (Even if it's cracked) is a factor in this? The RE modding community is still strong for all the other games on steam but RE7. Since it seems there's no tools of any kind to get an idea on it.

That and the fact that the game itself is so bare and restrictive that it's hard to implement much worthwhile.

We even had a 2B mod in RE6

mLHGwsth.jpg

So Ooze Rachael and Lady Hunk have no voices (grunts, moans, reaction sounds) other than the commands on the PS4 version... eugh.

And again. The dead zone. EUGH!

Do you think anything from REmake2 could be bleeding into the RE2 Board Game? They have the ability to utilize anything from all versions of RE2, and the board game won't be released until likely summer 2018.

Jawmuncher

New MVC:I Outfit for Chris is a throwback

20171016180837_1.jpg

seq32.png

Didn't expect them to go this far. Expected them to just reuse STARS Chris from MVC3.
Nice to see a change from the norm.

Jawmuncher

It says save 65% off, so that means it's on sale. Besides the PS2 version and the PS3 version are like night and day in a sense. It stands to reason that there'd be a price discrepancy between the two.

The PS3 version has been 3.74 in the past. So why now would it cost more than the PS4 version? Hell the PS2 on PS4 version has a platinum. PS3 version does not. Not to mention regardles of porting it's the "newer" version.

Regardless this is the price it should've been anyway. I bought it.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Is it kind of screwed up that you buy a new console (loving the switch) and all I am thinking of is wanting Capcom to port all the prior games to this console? What the hell is wrong with me wanting to buy all titles again from 0 to 6 and all that for the x amount of time.

RSB

Banned
Is it kind of screwed up that you buy a new console (loving the switch) and all I am thinking of is wanting Capcom to port all the prior games to this console? What the hell is wrong with me wanting to buy all titles again from 0 to 6 and all that for the x amount of time.
I know right?

Resident Evil, Metal Gear and Halo are the only franchises that affect me that way, but yeah, I can sympathize.

kc44135

Man, I'm so hyped for the final two RE7 DLC's! RE7 is still one of my favorite games of the year (that's saying something, considering how crazy this year has been for games), and I can't wait for more. Both DLC's seem to be their own thing too, which is awesome.

"Not a Hero" kinda does the action thing with Chris punching Molded in the face. I imagine Chris saying to himself: "Chris no like Molded! Chris Smash!" (he probably doesn't say this, but I wish he would). And then you have "End of Zoe", with is focusing more on Horror, and just seems really interesting, especially since we have a pretty good idea of what's going down in NAH, but don't really know much about EOZ. The only that sucks is that the only enemies we've seen so far are Molded. Honestly, while they are servicable, they are one of the weakest/most forgettable enemy designs in the series history, and I just can't get excited at the idea of seeing them again. Still hyped regardless, tho.

Code Veronica (PS2 on PS4) is $3.74 on PSN
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...A07104_00-SLUS201840000001?emcid=pa-st-111690

Seems like a price mistake because the PS3 version cost's way more atm.
This is probably just because Capcom wants people to buy the superior version of the game. :)
Nothing wrong with that. I'd love me some RE Switch ports (that aren't Revelations related...). I'd also still love for RE1-3 to be ported again to... well, anything at this point, really...

Top Bottom