• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Degeneration screens

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My memory of the RE timeline right now is a bit fuzzy...7 years after RE1 is how many years after RE4? I think RE4 is 5 years after, so that would make this movie 2 years after RE4.

When's RE5 supposed to take place?

cvxfreak

It's been far too long since we've had anything on Claire. Don't think this movie will be very good, but at least Claire and Leon haven't forgotten about each other. :D

Tim-E

Maggot9 said:
1-17.jpg

?

I'm guessing seven years after the Racoon City incident where the town gets blown the fuck up. This would put it one year before the events of RE4, I do believe.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
No_Style said:
Lightyears?

Looking nice. This will probably the only RE movie I will buy.

Ah, so it's on an alien planet, then? Leon must have found a space ship!

tino

Banned
Dark Octave said:
Advent Children quality or not, at least we finally have a real Resident Evil movie.

I consider Resident Evil one of the best video game movie right after Silent Hill.

Take dat P. W. S. Anderson haters. :D

Tim-E said:
I'm guessing seven years after the Racoon City incident where the town gets blown the fuck up. This would put it one year before the events of RE4, I do believe.

RE4 took place however many years after the fall of umbrella..umbrella was still around during code veronica,

Tim-E

Rekki-Maru said:
RE4 took place however many years after the fall of umbrella..umbrella was still around during code veronica,

Wait, the shit in RE2-3 takes place in 1998 and RE4 in 2004, so this new movie is one year after RE4.

Can't be worse than the Hollywood action movies that bear the RE name.

EDIT: The original Resident Evil film is a good B-movie monster flick that is immensely enjoyable on DVD due to the great MST3K-like commentary, but it is barely a Resident Evil film.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Uno Ill Nino said:
Are stories in Resident Evil games/movie event relevant anymore? I don't get how RE4 ties into all the RE's before it. And the movies are just off the map altogether. Anyone?
If anything this will probably tie up the loose ends about RE series as a whole to RE4.

Don't bother trying to fit the RE movies into canon - they are just zombie fluff films using the RE name and certain products from that universe.

RiverBed

Banned
thank God it isn't a live action movie. I'd take CG any day. heck, I'd take real-time graphics any day. have you seen RE5? that shit looks insane!- if it is indeed realtime.

too bad they'll fuck up MGS movie. ****** I can see, but MGS is all about fantasy bosses and fights. it'll never work.

PS. is there a God of War movie? I thought I heard something.

I couldn't care less if the CG isn't ahead of AC or anything. With AC, it seems like they put so much damn time in getting the aesthetic right that no work went to making the film ENJOYABLE. I really hope that won't be the case with this.

apujanata

EphemeralDream said:
I couldn't care less if the CG isn't ahead of AC or anything. With AC, it seems like they put so much damn time in getting the aesthetic right that no work went to making the film ENJOYABLE. I really hope that won't be the case with this.

If Capcom release a game based on the story in this movie, using RE4 engine (or an improved version of it), I will buy that game. Promise.

I was hoping Claire would get a bigger visual upgrade, but I guess she looks fine. Leon of course will be as good as ever. Looks like one of the old viruses is being used this time around, and I have a feeling that whatever strain it is won't be in Re5. Its interesting considering this takes place a couple of years after Re4. Either it was a government given order or Leon is seeking out any signs of the virus himself and is getting the aid of Claire. I don't think that this was stumbled upon by accident. Anyway it would be hard to guess the storyline from these few screen caps alone, but i'd like to think that the story itself effects Re5 in some way.

apujanata said:
If Capcom release a game based on the story in this movie, using RE4 engine (or an improved version of it), I will buy that game. Promise.

Yeah, pretty much all of us would prefer Re4 gameplay in a new setting with new enemies, weapons, and a new story and characters. Stick with Re4 graphics and we're good. You can launch across all platforms even though the next generation graphics won't be missed. Or launch exclusively on Wii and Ps2. To bad it won't happen though :(.

koam said:
DVD and possibly HD-DVD/Blu-Ray.

I don't think an HD-DVD/Blu-Ray version should even be questions. It will have an HD release.

This is probably one of my most anticipated movies ever. Even though Advent Children's story kind of sucked, watching some classic VG character battle it out in beautiful CG was breathtaking. I own it, and watch it every year or so.

NeonBlade

Banned
I found Advent Children highly enjoyable. I watched it first in Japanese without a single subtitle. Found the art great and the action sequences rocked my socks off. I came away not knowing what the hell happened, why it happened, but pleased with the aesthetics and action.

Certain things pissed me off, but overall the movie made my jump out my chair a couple times and make gun shot noises with my mouth.

Sean

Banned
Haven't heard of this before. A CG movie sounds pretty cool, will probably be a lot better than the past three RE movies.

cress2000

apujanata said:
This screen made me think of such a thing. :(

6-2.jpg

Looks amazing, so we got Chris and Jill back together, now its time for Leon and Claire, awesome. So is that jacket of Leon's going to be is signiture costume from now on.

Mockingbird said:
So this is set after RE4 and zombies are back?

It will probably be zombies yeah. Wesker has all the viruses, I am sure he will be using them at some point.

underfooter said:
I don't think an HD-DVD/Blu-Ray version should even be questions. It will have an HD release.

This is probably one of my most anticipated movies ever. Even though Advent Children's story kind of sucked, watching some classic VG character battle it out in beautiful CG was breathtaking. I own it, and watch it every year or so.
It's only Hi-Def on...
328172.jpg

50 GB
1000MB/S
50000RPM'S
SHINE IT UP
SPARKS

Capcom Japan’s representative director and president: Haruhiro Tsujimoto (Capcom) and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan representative director and president: Ken Munekata (SPEJ) have announced coproduction of Resident Evil: Degeneration, the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the Resident Evil series of games and movies. Currently in production, it’s got plans for a terrifying release in 2008. Capcom and Sony Picture’s Japanese subsidiary SPEJ have teamed up to give birth to a CG-animated Resident Evil with groundbreaking visual effects and a brand-new story line.

biohazard4 took place in autumn of 2004, six years after the events of Raccoon City (this was revealed in the final trailer for the game, the opening sequence and Leon's report on the game events).

That would place biohazard DEGENERATION sometime in late 2005 if they take the "7 years" literally.

I don't think the definite year the events of BIOHAZARD5 are supposed to occur in has been revealed yet. A translated Chinese Famitsu news report by xfactor told us "It's (RE5) more like a summary of the life for Chris in the last 10 years, rather than a closure". Soon after, everyone adopted that as "events take place 10 years after Raccoon City/the mansion incident", even IGN and 1Up - who both seem to have a weird infatuation for adopting translations on fansites and claiming them as their own.
That said, I still think it takes place in 2008. And I guess the game will be released sometime in 2009, mirroring the release of biohazard4.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I saw this and thought "hey... I guess a Wii Resident Evil is coming out after all!"

Then I read the thread and saw the pictures.

DavidDayton said:
I saw this and thought "hey... I guess a Wii Resident Evil is coming out after all!"

Then I read the thread and saw the pictures.

2 Resident Evil Wii games have already come out.

Hey, Leon/Claire teamup is welcome if it invokes memories of the best oldschool Resident Evil. Not to mention the jacket.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Prime Blue said:
Pureauthor said:
2 Resident Evil Wii games have already come out.

Hey, Leon/Claire teamup is welcome if it invokes memories of the best oldschool Resident Evil. Not to mention the jacket.

Okay, let me be more specific -- a new Resident Evil game that isn't a rerelease nor a lightgun-esque spinoff.

I'm hoping Capcom are milking the general love for RE2 for all it's worth by announcing a remake of RE2 on whatever console one may wish to tie in with this movie in some way or form.

Or a Claire Redfield love pillow.

Either or.

Top Bottom