• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Genesis ‘demake’.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Impressive work, very reminiscent of the actual game, even though I have only played the GameCube version (so the visual difference is even larger).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Awesome. Would have easily patreoned if it was a new game like RE, I already know what happens in RE and this looks so close like an official GBA port or something (yeah I know the GBA tech demos had actual 3D Resident Evil 2, this seems like something that would have actually been developed at the time rather than just a tech demo to showcase an engine). It certainly looks like a way better and more liberal translation of the game than what Capcom tried with Resident Evil for the GameBoy Color! The mansion looks way better than other areas, I guess that's the most complete and detailed part of the game yet?

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Not to be unkind, but it looks crap. The megadrive could do far better.

I guess that was quite unkind.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Not to be unkind, but it looks crap. The megadrive could do far better.

I guess that was quite unkind.
Maybe in side scrolling or top down stuff Genesis has plenty gems that look better but in actual isometric style plenty great games didn't look particularly detailed.

Other that have larger/better sprites have other clear limitations in other ways too.

Anyway they could certainly do with adding more detail to some of their backgrounds but it's not too bad for the mansion, other areas like the one with the chopper definitely look WIP. They also show progress in those videos, in the one with Jill you see a mesh circle shadow and in another one with Chris you see a proper sprite shadow.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Cool, one of my favorite games ever.

Wasn't there an official GameBoy remake at one point?
yup gbc and its almost complete,
if you have a gbc flashcard you can play it on og hardware.

Ellis

Looks fantastic. Nailed it in my opinion.

Music is a bit shit though. Arrangements of the OG soundtrack made with the Yamaha YM2612 would be perfect, but I understand that would be a big ask.

SuperGooey

This is sick as HECK! Given the slower-paced, more exploration and puzzle-based nature of RE1, the gameplay seems like it flawlessly translates to this isometric design.

Top Bottom