• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

Ah yes, sorry. That's a typo on my part, BCN is what I meant and what the tweet says, and is one of the abbreviations for Barcelona.
Specifically it seems like he's talking about El Palace Hotel, looking at some of those pics on that page and google images, that whole place seems like a gold mine for all kinds of REmake source material.

Thanks! Really like all this reference stuff :)

Unai

Damn it, for some reason I thought this game would be out today, not tomorrow. I was working all day long looking forward to play it when I get home...

Buy one of these:

118_309_pc_gcpad2.jpg
That IS tempting, but it's too late to order it to have it here on time, and plus I have too many controllers as it is.

Thanks though. :)

scitek

Port seems pretty good. Playing at 60fps with classic controls and aspect ratio. Didn't someone here say they figured out how to get rid of the door animations? I'd like to try that, if possible. How do I do it?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Port seems pretty good. Playing at 60fps with classic controls and aspect ratio. Didn't someone here say they figured out how to get rid of the door animations? I'd like to try that, if possible. How do I do it?

please let us know :)

Praise Sectus!

Whipped this mod up quickly: http://www.tzarsectus.com/WIP/rehd-nodoors.exe (run while game is running)

That should work for skipping doors. If people have trouble with it, let me know.

Didn't even realise this came out today and it's 10:37PM now. Downloading now. The playgo data is almost done with just 7mins remaining.

Game is actually quite a bit harder than I remember, and I must have played it 5 times. Was it always on "comfortable destination?" Smh - at myself

Fyi to newcomers, don't inmediately take the advice to set it on "challenging and rewarding"/top difficulty. It's a more difficult game than you're used to, and that advocacy is coming from people who've played the game, in some cases many times

So what is the difference between PS3 and PS4?

720p/1080p?

Yup. Right in the OP there, boss ;)

webkatt

Game is actually quite a bit harder than I remember, and I must have played it 5 times. Was it always on "comfortable destination?" Smh - at myself

Fyi to newcomers, don't inmediately take the advice to set it on "challenging and rewarding"/top difficulty. It's a more difficult game than you're used to, and that advocacy is coming from people who've played the game, in some cases many times

Yup. Right in the OP there, boss ;)

Cool. Wanted to make sure there wasn't any other differences.

Tido84

So what is the difference between PS3 and PS4?

720p/1080p?

i was testing it at home with my ps3 on and ps4 at the same time and yes, the character textures are far better on ps4 so does the 1080p makes more of it in generall. I wouldnt go back on Ps3. Ps4 is really good.

by the way i just finished the invisible mode under 5 hours and i saw this message from Shinji Mikami afterwords togehter with some Character Artworks. Many of you know that already but in case here you have it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sepCj8fjc9w

about to stream a knife run :) http://www.twitch.tv/tido84

I'd been thinking about this for ages and instead of just a HD remake of the GameCube version I really wanted them to re-build the game from the ground up using the new tech and allowing for the ability of the newer style resident evil games but in the original house with the original story and puzzles and everything still intact.

But... That said it might ruin the game in a way if you could move the camera.

I'll pick this up anyway, I really love this darn game and I hope they manage to make it look beautiful with the rendered screens and super high poly characters.

Plasma

Banned
I'd been thinking about this for ages and instead of just a HD remake of the GameCube version I really wanted them to re-build the game from the ground up using the new tech and allowing for the ability of the newer style resident evil games but in the original house with the original story and puzzles and everything still intact.

I'll pick this up anyway, I really love this darn game and I hope they manage to make it look beautiful with the rendered screens and super high poly characters.

You know it's been out for months right?

CHC

LTTP: Resident Evil HD.

Cabal

I think that's not a bad idea but I would rather see them do this with RE2 or RE3 just because they are so much older. That said, I think Capcom would take a lot of flak from the purists out there by changing it up that much.

Nerrel

Changing the camera perspective would change almost everything about the way the player engages enemies and navigates the settings. There's a reason why RE4 ended up so dramatically different than the earlier games. Having the ability to freely target opened up a lot of possibilities- like headshots stunning enemies for melees, leg shots causing falls- that needed to be taken advantage of for the new controls to have a purpose.

Old RE enemies don't respond much to where you shoot them. The only real exception is a headshot, which would be far, far too easy to pull off consistently with over-the-shoulder controls. You could shotgun-decapitate any zombie you pleased. The combat in general may feel a little boring without having those more dynamic mechanics to make use of all the freedom that camera system brings.

In other words, it's not really possible to design a game that can be played both ways. What works for static cameras won't directly translate to 3rd person, and if they tweak the game to compensate for 3rd person, then the static camera may be at a disadvantage.

I personally don't see the reason for an over the shoulder camera. There's no need for precisely targeting specific parts of enemies, and the ability to do that may even break the game. The games were built for the static camera angles and it's too integral to how they work to play any other way. If people don't like it, they should play the newer titles that were specifically built for those controls.

Hyllian

God DAMN I really hope they can and do rerender those assets.

This is how it would look in game.

re_backgroundd_by_aloo81-d7u4ddf.jpg

That's incredible.

Are there any other renders they have released that like that?

Painting some natural vision shader over the GC backgrounds I've managed to get some color that are more or less like that amazing pic:

Top Bottom