• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Infinite Darkness Characters Reveal Trailer (CG Series coming to Netflix in July 2021)

skneogaf

This looks really good!

It gives me hope that capcom will take inspiration from it as it looks exactly like a sequal to resident evil 2 & 3.

It makes me annoyed that capcom haven't done this in a game though too as 4 & 5 story could definitely have come at a later date.

What do we think about the chances of capcom doing a game like this but in remake 2 format?

Just watching the newest trailer makes me want to play resident evil 2 remake and 3 remake again even though I'm still mopping up the achievements in village.

Makes me happy that they're keeping the Resident Evil tradition of keeping the characters' color themes.

Leon's suit is almost the same shade of blue that his original RPD uniform was. And of course, Claire has the red jacket.

From what I remember, the theme colors are:

Chris Redfield: Green
Jill Valentine: Purple-ish blue
Barry Burton: Red
Albert Wesker: Black
Leon Kennedy: Blue
Claire Redfield: Red
Ada Wong: Red

In almost every game they appear, the characters more or less keep their theme colors (except Leon who didn't in RE4 or RE6, but looks like they're doing a better job at it now).

Didn't think the older characters would work with the young voice actors from RE2 Remake, but surprisingly they work.

CGI looks bad.

Story and premise look good though. Can't wait.

By the way Leon's "don't do anything stupid" line to Claire is the same line (and said in almost the same way) that Jill says to Kendo in RE3 Remake, if I remember correctly.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This scene is set six years earlier (in 2000) in the city streets of civil war-ravaged Penamstan, where bullets fly. When a U.S. special forces helicopter falls from the sky, the U.S. Army Mad Dogs, led by Jason, refuse orders from the command center to stand their ground. Instead, go to save the survivors left stranded on the battlefield. The revealed clip focuses on Jason, who is currently (in 2006) operating with Leon as a U.S. federal agent. As the captain of the Mad Dogs during this earlier incident, he and the unit engage in an intense battle with the local Penamstan soldiers. Starting with the scene of the helicopter crashing, a shocking moment that will feel familiar to fans of the Resident Evil series, this clip will keep viewers so captivated that they won't be able to look away for even a second. Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness premieres on Netflix on July 8, 2021.

SnapShot

facebook_1625103486935_6816178055665627256.jpg

facebook_1625103525511_6816178217468853777.jpg

facebook_1625103543349_6816178292283734107.jpg

facebook_1625103562610_6816178373069853038.jpg

New posters

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Netflix's Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness is a self-contained four-part anime sci-fi thriller set between the events of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. In our review, we discuss how Infinite Darkness is a step up from previous Resident Evil projects released on the big and small screen. The series will be available to stream on July 8, 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the release of this series close at hand, a new clip showing a shocking incident at the White House is revealed! After the power suddenly goes out and mysterious zombies roam the halls, rookie agent Patrick finds himself in a desperate situation — until Leon saves him in the nick of time.

So, this thing a pile of licker shit, or what?
As a huge Resident Evil fan, and as an even bigger Leon fan (avatar alert)... yea, it's a pile of steamin', heapin' shit.

Plot is dumb and really shallow. CGI ranges between "kind of bad, but tolerable" and decent, but man, those animations are terrible. The walking and running animations are some of the worst I've seen in any CGI movie. Shit is really distracting.

And someone in the production team is obsessed with Leon. We get it, someone in your team thinks he's handsome, but my god, we don't need that many closeup shots of the guy's brooding face.

I saw a lot of Japanese names attached to the production, and I thought that might give it some hope.

Nope.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
As a huge Resident Evil fan, and as an even bigger Leon fan (avatar alert)... yea, it's a pile of steamin', heapin' shit.

Plot is dumb and really shallow. CGI ranges between "kind of bad, but tolerable" and decent, but man, those animations are terrible. The walking and running animations are some of the worst I've seen in any CGI movie. Shit is really distracting.

And someone in the production team is obsessed with Leon. We get it, someone in your team thinks he's handsome, but my god, we don't need that many closeup shots of the guy's brooding face.

I saw a lot of Japanese names attached to the production, and I thought that might give it some hope.

Nope.
Exactly my thought. The only good idea in this series is the rats but omg they are so useless and killed in something like 30s. WTF.
Release them in Washington or any big cities and it's a massacre, but no you put them in a freakin submarine.

Also I loled at the death of the Chinese girl, didn't expect that.

Exactly my thought. The only good idea in this series is the rats but omg they are so useless and killed in something like 30s. WTF.
Release them in Washington or any big cities and it's a massacre, but no you put them in a freakin submarine.

Also I loled at the death of the Chinese girl, didn't expect that.

Agree with everything you said, especially

The death of the Chinese girl. The whole thing was so poorly done; she was introduced as a major character, and someone you thought was gonna work with Leon, but it was all for nothing. She was a cheap Ada Wong knock-off anyway.

Also, at the very end,
Leon's decision to not give the data to Claire left me like:

tenor.gif

Sleepwalker

Watched 2 eps, was kinda short and shit, like when you eat a burrito from a questionable place.

Will probably finish for the luls tomorrow.

Last edited:

lachesis

How do people move around the globe so quickly, was my question… after watching this.

Overly predictable U.S. gov being the corrupt one was also pretty tiresome. I liked 1st episode, but from there it went down hill pretty fast, questionable motives, reactions, etc…

A.Romero

I watched 3 episodes and found it entertaining. RE has never had great writing. It's just like watching game cutscenes stitched together. Leon is the most Mary Sue character I've seen in a long time.

I watched 2 episodes and found it dissapointing. Will probably finish it though.
The CGI is not so good, a real bummer because I love some good quality prerendered movies.
Although the Netflix series is technically better I do prefer the look of the RE2 remake cutscenes better, the character somehow look more human in the remake (and they animate better).

Dacon

Banned
Very dull and boring.

Some terrible animation, the faces were exuding some serious Uncanny Valley at times.

Leon's new VA just doesn't suit him, sounds like someone trying to do an impersonation of the old Leon.

SnapShot

Am I missing something? Why did they call it anime?

Also, only started the first episode; the CGI looks great but the animation is slightly off, and I don’t know why…
Anime is just japanese equivalent for animation as far as I know

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
That was the most mediocre ending ever, definitely a 6/10.
The ending was lackluster and unnecessary vague especially since it is before RE5.
Leon's choices are also absurd at the ending and completely distant from the character.
They really need a story doctor on all of these things they put out.

Mister Wolf

Exactly what I expected. Same by the numbers bullshit with Leon and Claire. Both characters need to be retired from the games and expanded media.

ZywyPL

Banned
Started really well and promising, then consequently kept going downhill. Thank god it was so short, otherwise I'd never finish it.

Is it worth to watch?

From the prospective from a Fan of the Games.
From a fellow "Fan of the Games" -- no, it's absolutely not worth the watch.

I also agree with Mister Wolf Mister Wolf -- I get it, Leon and Claire are popular. I'm myself a huge fan of both characters. But give them a rest. Just because you put them in a movie, it's not gonna save the movie if it's junk.

Resident Evil is a huge fictional universe, they can draw from many locations, characters, and situations.

A couple of extra notes:
- That final "boss battle" (if you can even call it that) sucked
- Leon and Claire are obviously fan service. But another piece of fan service was the picture of Ashley on the President's desk. Of any given fan service you can provide, you're gonna do... Ashley!? Probably one of the most mocked and hated characters in all of Resident Evil? LMAO 🤣

Last edited:

base

Banned
Just finished it. Boring as hell. Please, stop making the 2nd season if it's gonna be on the same level.

It was ok if you're a fan of Resident Evil. The animation and some of the textures aren't great but I don't really care about that overall. It's fine. Claire wasn't in it enough for me. The big plus for me was that the returning characters were still recognisable in this and I didn't have to be told their name to know who they were.

It was fine, I never expect too much from RE movies. It will make people more hype to buy RE games and that is the whole point.

The story sucked ass. The only good parts were some of the flashback action sequences of the Maddogs doing some Black Hawk Down style stuff. I wanted to see THAT movie focusing on Jason and his squad, not the bullshit we got. Jason was the only believable/likable character. Leon and Claire were wooden and wasted. Leon's hair altho iconic is just fucking ridiculous for a supposed Spec Ops/SS Agent. Not believable at all. Yeah it's a small detail but still annoying. Chen May was wasted literally.

The animation was photorealuatic at times and absolutely terrible at other times. Super inconsistent.

This basically played out like a series of game cut scenes strung together minus the game play. 🤷‍♂️

I'd probably rate it a slightly below average 4/10 maybe an "average" 5/10 bc I'm a RE super fan. But man this was really a wasted opportunity.

brian0057

Banned
Resident Evil is a huge fictional universe, they can draw from many locations, characters, and situations.
This is where, in my opinion, the first Resident Evil movie by Paul W.S. Anderson did it best.
It's an entirely new cast of characters and a plot that is similar but not a carbon copy of the games.
Hell, the whole laser tunnel shit even made it to Resident Evil 4.

The movies getting worse as more entries came out, that's another story. But the first film is still enjoyable.
And I also love the theme music.

Needlecrash

Just finished it last night. Found it to be boring. This would have been better off as an animated movie than a 4 episode series. Random characters with no backstory, no explanations or anything. Pure fan service. 4/10.

kiphalfton

I watched 3 episodes and found it entertaining. RE has never had great writing. It's just like watching game cutscenes stitched together. Leon is the most Mary Sue character I've seen in a long time.

And yet pretty much every animated movie has Leon in it.

Top Bottom