• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Outbreak (File 1 and 2) online ceasing March 31

Draft

Hah, just bought file 1 on Friday. I jinxed it. Is the game really that bad w/o the hard drive? Cause I only have the slimline PS2.

cvxfreak

Draft said:
Hah, just bought file 1 on Friday. I jinxed it. Is the game really that bad w/o the hard drive? Cause I only have the slimline PS2.

Pretend the door opening sequences are still there and it'll be okay. :lol

manxor

Ah that bites. I still haven't given #2 its proper due. Why don't they cease #1 first, and give #2 some more time? I played the first one 100+ hours, which is probably the reason I didn't play much of 2? I guess this is my last chance for RE online goodness (screw the haters). Short warning though.

I wonder if we'll see a next-gen Outbreak / RE with online MP coop elements... (mini-MMO RE?)

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
WTF man! :-(

Capcom would take away that which I play the most online? Its gonna be an all out file#2 online marathon for me the rest of the month. Today is the last day for the 10x area and actually cvx, this might be a good time to learn David's 4-hit knife combo before the servers close! If any of you haven't played both games online but are on the fence to try them out, go right ahead and jump straight to File#2 online over the first Outbreak.

EDIT: What is going on with the 4/5th page on that Capcom link? There's like a loud scream with Firefox preventing over 200 pop-ups and rising from opening..

WHAT?! First MGO and now Outbreak. DAMMIT my stupid Outbreak wont work cause of an error 800 something, it involves ports, I have tried everything, I have opened every port in my router and still nothing. Can anyone help me, I really need to play this game before they take it out!

SleazyC

Bah.. I would have fun just screwing around with the couple of friends that had the game. I doubt that Capcom would make a next-gen Outbreak but I would definitely pick it up.

Defensor said:
I didn't expect Konami to cease the online servers for MGS3: Subsistence so soon. I just read about Amplitude's servers shutting down very soon too. In contrast, Capcom still has both Resident Evil Outbreak and Outbreak File#2 servers open for online play. I will be one sad gamer if and when the File#2 servers close :-(

From the "Konami ceasing MGS3: Subsistence online support" thread. You jinxed it!

MrDaravon

I really wanted to like these games but the lack of teamspeak or something similar totally ruined the concept. I'd LOVE for RE:O 3 on 360/PS3 with it.

SleazyC

SailorDaravon said:
I really wanted to like these games but the lack of teamspeak or something similar totally ruined the concept. I'd LOVE for RE:O 3 on 360/PS3 with it.
Although it may not work for everyone my small group of friends who owned th game would just have a ventrilo server running and we would hop in there. We are all college students who live in dorms/apartments so our computers were right next to the TV's. Worked out pretty well.

Defensor said:
WTF man! :-(

Capcom would take away that which I play the most online? Its gonna be an all out file#2 online marathon for me the rest of the month. Today is the last day for the 10x area and actually cvx, this might be a good time to learn David's 4-hit knife combo before the servers close! If any of you haven't played both games online but are on the fence to try them out, go right ahead and jump straight to File#2 online over the first Outbreak.

EDIT: What is going on with the 4/5th page on that Capcom link? There's like a loud scream with Firefox preventing over 200 pop-ups and rising from opening..

Yeah, DON'T GO TO PAGE 4 OR 5. Someone hacked the site YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT...

MarkMacD

SailorDaravon said:

Agree x 10.

vala said:
WTF page 5!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah its pretty insane, I got it at page 4, that was enough for me to stop. I guess someone is really angry.

And its not really funny, it is very very DISTURBING.

cvxfreak

Shit (no pun intended), I didn't notice those pages myself.

Warning added.

EDIT: Defensor, et. al, I shall be online at 9PM tonight Pacific.

OatmealMu

The more you tell people not to visit pages 4 and 5, the harder it is to resist seeing what's going on.

:(

At least LL thickened my skin a bit when it comes to this shit.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I hope Capcom takes note of the potential of both these titles and puts in a great effort to release another incarnation of the Outbreak games on the Xbox 360 (I say Xbox 360 solely because of the online enironment Microsoft has fostered).

With complete voice-chat support, multiple outcomes, and a unified online network (provided by Microsoft), RE: Outbreak could enjoy a great success.

cvxfreak

Anyone in Japan know or can find out if Japan's servers are still operating (subscription fees and all)?

I'll gladly sign up for the Japanese server if so this fall.

Ironically I think March 31 is the first game's 3rd anniversary.

Remedy

Banned
it's kkkramer's flash signature. I had it blocked with flashblock, but thought i'd check it out.

:'<

[edit]sorry it's not a signature. just something present in his post (#39)

cvxfreak

brandonh83 said:
I was just about ready to order these on Amazon :lol

*whew*

Given their prices I think you should still do so. We'll play with you for the duration, and the game's still enjoyable offline.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I went to page 5 and nothing happened so I thought it was fixed so I went to page 4. ...big mistake. Those stupid screams! :lol

cvxfreak said:
Given their prices I think you should still do so. We'll play with you for the duration, and the game's still enjoyable offline.

Well, thing is I probably wouldn't have much time to do it right now (mid-term tests this week, will be out of town all NEXT week over spring break), and there's other stuff that's getting priority since they're shutting the servers down. But when the next one comes out, if there is ever a next one, count me in. Maybe we can play Left 4 Dead when it comes out.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
And like an idiot, I checked out page 4 anyway.....with my speakers turned up from playing System Shock 2 earlier. I almost had a freakin' heartattack.
mee too.... quick to the power button as my GF!! was watching!! ugh!

tebunker

Banned
put me on the stupid person list. We're like lemmings that do the opposite of what you tell us. I didn't get the scream though, Firefox got all pissy so I closed it all.

Kuga

Someone Last Measure'd the thread? :lol

On topic:
I wonder how many companies will follow suit with getting rid of old online play?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Thank goodness firefox acted retarded for a second. I had enough time to lower the volume, minimize the screen, and close that bitch DOWN. The java sign was a big warning.

Oh, and that sucks for those who played it online. I beat File 1 solo, but, File 2 is hard as hell offline.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Thank goodness firefox acted retarded for a second. I had enough time to lower the volume, minimize the screen, and close that bitch DOWN. The java sign was a big warning.

Oh, and that sucks for those who played it online. I beat File 1 solo, but, File 2 is hard as hell offline.

Yeah I agree, File 2 is extremely hard offline. I hardly played offline cause it was a pain.

Top Bottom