• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL REmake first person view

With the upcoming release of Resident Evil 7 being first person, a modder named 'Rod Lima' has found a way to extract the models and animation data from REmake and into Blender. He has made the game, and cutscenes, entirely in first person view.

Video here.

REmake cutscenes in first person (previous video).

QbsbAJc.png

QlsRziY.png

That is pretty awesome! I just finished up replaying REmake/REmaster to get into the mood for 7 and I was pretty happy how well it played.

eso76

Uhm..But how did he extract the prerendered backdrops models for those to work in 1st person ???

If you told me when I was playing RE2 that RE in first person would be amazing, I'd call you bat shit, but looking at it now... Shit, I want the Resi series remade in first person...

Fisty

Nice, Capcom would definitely be leaving money on the table not letting us revisit the mansion in VR. Honestly we need VR Tourism for all classic locations in video games

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Looks like Capcom went and ripped off P.T and Oulast. All I see in that video is just walking. Are we sure there's combat?

bumpkin

Nice, Capcom would definitely be leaving money on the table not letting us revisit the mansion in VR. Honestly we need VR Tourism for all classic locations in video games
I would double dip on REmake HD in VR so hard.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested to hear from people who said that RE7's FPV was too much of a departure that did not harken back to the series' roots, because if anything this sample shows that FPV can enhance the experience even further.

REmake in FPV is clearly effective.

Seik

Banned
That's awesome! :O

I just did REmake during the week-end, would love to go through it like that just for the fun of it!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yeah I'm seriously wondering how he created all those assets in Blender that fast, to that level of polish with textures and such.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's a little unclear from the OP; how much of the game's environment has he remodeled in real time 3D? I have to assume it's just the parts being shown.

Paracelsus

It looks a lot less scary because it breaks the camera angles and watching your screen getting bitten is a lot less impactful than having your avatar. But yeah, people have decided to drink the kool-aid, and they even want more.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
It looks a lot less scary because it breaks the camera angles and watching your screen getting bitten is a lot less impactful than having your avatar. But yeah, people have decided to drink the kool-aid, and they even want more.

I'm sure FPV would be considerably more effective if you saw Hunters, Crimson Heads and other monsters creeping around corners as you approached them.

There's no Kool-Aid with FPV. It indeed makes the experience more visceral because you are that much closer to the character and how he or she would see what's in front of them.

ISOM

I disagree with this.

Mupod

how the fuck?

you'd think even with the original model files, there'd be so much missing stuff that this couldn't work. Why would they render stuff you'd never see in gameplay? And didn't Capcom say they lost these files, hence the reason RE0 HD looked good and REmake HD looked like a shitty filter over low res backgrounds?

Top Bottom