• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

cvxfreak

Nu0iD.png

sddq3.png

BWFa3.png

SVncN.png

Yama

Hope you guys all enjoy the new layout, went for something a little more cohesive this time around. Enjoy your 3D sandwiches!

So is the gameplay in this continuing in the RE4/RE5 mold?

Control wise and camera angle wise, yes. Premise is to be more akin to the classic Biohazard titles.

Nicko

*Zombie moans*
And here...we.......go!!

Gosh, so stoked on this game after all of the recent praise. After seeing Nintendo's amazing immersive talkentwith SML3D, i cant wait to see a real top tier effort from Capcom on 3DS.

MT Framework FTW!!!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I think you forgot to get some footage in here. I mean, I've personally seen all the latest good stuff but others may not have.

Great OP! Looking forward to this. Any idea when the demo appears on the NA 3DS eShop? I thought it was today right? (19th Jan)

Teknoman

Cant wait to see what kind of boss battles t-abyss strain brings to the table.

And since this will probably have much more fun co-op/pick up and play through Raid mode versus Mercenaries 3D...not sure if I should just hold onto it.

Already fully paid off my preorder. Can't fucking wait. This'll be my second ever Resident Evil title, with my first and only being 4.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Thank God.

It's not all like that - the parts on the ship are more akin to classic RE, the parts off the ship are modern RE action-y stuff. That was the big complaint that some of the reviewers have mentioned so far - they didn't like that you're constantly switching between both types of game, and that by trying to both they achieve neither. Then again, most of the reviewer don't seem to mind that at all.

branny

It's not all like that - the parts on the ship are more akin to classic RE, the parts off the ship are modern RE action-y stuff. That was the big complaint that some of the reviewers have mentioned so far - they didn't like that you're constantly switching between both types of game, and that by trying to both they achieve neither. Then again, most of the reviewer don't seem to mind that at all.
Woah, it sounds like the 3D Land approach to appease both kinds of fans.

I have the game preordered, but I'm worried that the scanning will be as annoying as it is in Metroid Prime and that Raid mode won't be as fun as Mercs. That's it, though, and I don't think any of the few reviews I've read so far have mentioned either.

Top Bottom