• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 for Switch new details (Motion, HD Rumble, date)

http://nintendoeverything.com/resid...n-the-west-joy-con-motion-controls-hd-rumble/
The game will be releasing November 30th in Japan and November 28th worldwide

On Switch, Capcom is including optional Joy-Con motion controls and HD Rumble compatibility. You can use the right Joy-Con to aim your shots and swing knife attacks, and flick it up to reload Shake the left Joy-Con to escape enemy attacks when grabbed.

The co-op Raid Mode can be played online in each game as well. In Revelations 2, local co-op is also an option by passing a single Joy-Con to a friend and take on the horde together. Fans can expect all DLC and episodes previously released for both games.

At retail in North America, the two games will be sold together as Resident Evil Revelations Collection for $40. Resident Evil Revelations will be on the cartridge while the other is a digital download. Both titles are $20 digitally as individual releases.

These screens also seem to be from the Switch version:
DJDKunvXkAAKGfo.jpg

DJDKvedXYAA-ygE.jpg

Very curious about the motion controls. If this approaches the perfection of RE4 on Wii, I may be down to finally play these games.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Gyro aiming, HD Rumbly, $40 for both games, screens look solid, never played the originals... I'm in day one. Excited to add this to my library.

Ridley327

Gyro aiming is a godsend, and even with n3DS or a Circle Pad Pro, it's my preferred way to aim in the 3DS version.

TheMoon

They put motion back in? Wow! Was in the 3DS original of 1, got left out of the Wii U port, and now it's back!

yuoke

Banned
I might honestly consider getting this now just for those motion controls. That could make it feel like a new experience.

M3d10n

The first RE:R on the 3DS was one of the first games to implement gyro aiming, it would be a let down if they didn't offer it as an option here.

Renna Hazel

joycon aiming sounds good. I never played the original Revelations beyond the first chapter so I hope it's good. I did enjoy the second one, so I guess I'll pick these up.

Sounds great, haven't played an RE since 4 on the Gamecube so I'm in.

I really hope there isn't some weird restriction on motion controls where if gyro aiming is enabled you then have to use motion to reload and swing the knife.

James

If the game has local coop then I would have to get it at some point. But since I have both already, I wouldn't otherwise dbl dip.

Pinky

Banned
Nice! Gyro aiming just sold me on this. Now, get RE4HD out on Switch and throw gyro aiming on there as well!

Zalman

Hopefully the motion works well and will be a thing going forward if they decide to port the other games.

Pif

Banned
Isn't RR2 a subpar resident evil?

The demo on ps4 didn't convince me much.

Have RR1 for 3DS and I love it.

I'm looking forward to Resi Revelations 2. The Vita version was a disappointment, with entirely-flat lighting (almost all the lighting was stripped out), muddy textures and a poor framerate. The single screenshot shown in the OP already looks leagues ahead.

Re-reading it again, sounds pretty much like the Wii Remote controls in RE4 Wii Edition. Even more excited now! :)

Yea, it had split screen local support.

Good good. I'm probably in then as long a local coop support is there for Raid mode in the Switch release.

James

RR2 is the better game. Less handheld jank, and better story and characterization. The boat is a nice setting, but the gameplay in 2 is better overall.

Nere

Excellent news will grab this day one and I hope it does well so they bring more Resident evil games to the switch, especially 4, imagine RE4 on the go......
the crap phone port doesn't count

Top Bottom