• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations $19.99 on Wii U eShop until Oct 31

Somnid

I still feel this is too much for the game... It is tempting, though, I must admit.

Nah, if you don't own it on 3DS it's a very good game easily worth $20 for an HD up-port. Probably the best RE game anyone has played since 4. Launching it at $60 was a mistake though.

Nah, if you don't own it on 3DS it's a very good game easily worth $20 for an HD up-port. Probably the best RE game anyone has played since 4. Launching it at $60 was a mistake though.

$20 seems like a good price for this game. Much better then RE6 IMO

Not trying to be picky or difficult or anything, but my problems are that: one, I heard the 3DS was a better version, so I think I'd rather get that one; and two, that I also own a PC and I passed on the game earlier in the week at the $10 price point.

EDIT: Oh snap, $10 for the 3DS version? I may just make my first eShop 3DS purchase today. :O

cacildo

Well, usually the WiiU eshop "sales" arent that nice.

A bunch of dead old games still 59,99

But these prices are really good! Unfortunally i already have Revelaitons on the 3ds and to be fair i dont enjoy it very much...

And i also have Mercenaries, which i do enjoy very much, so 9,99 is a very nice price on it!!

I really wish more games drop prices like this.

Somnid

Not trying to be picky or difficult or anything, but my problems are that: one, I heard the 3DS was a better version, so I think I'd rather get that one; and two, that I also own a PC and I passed on the game earlier in the week at the $10 price point.

3DS is a great version too. Wii U has off-screen play and some novel Miiverse stuff. You can't go wrong.

I just made a post in that other thread saying I don't like digital downloads.

Fuck you for making me a hypocrite, Nintendo/Capcom. I'll have to mull this over for a bit.

xandaca

Not a good game, unfortunately. Was tempted by promises of a return to classic Resi-style tension, but there's nothing of the sort: it's an entirely generic monster shooter, the number of characters and constant swapping between stories kills any suspense and the controls are jerky, which isn't great given the game's love of asking you to mow down enemy hordes.

Hmmm I just bought a Wii U and I'm hungry for games. Really not a fan of modern RE games though.

Is this one good to play as a one-off? Also is it 720p or 1080p?

Well shit, now I have to get it. Question is, should I get Mercenaries as well? How good is that game? If Revelaitons has Raid mode, does that make Mercenaries totally useless?
Raid mode and Mercs are nothing alike.

Both games are fantastic, $20 for both is a steal.

Edit: Keep in mind that Revelations is 27,000 blocks on the eShop.

Top Bottom