• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Japanese Showcase Trailer *some spoilers*

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
EDIT: English Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwbyAnujVE

----

http://www.gamekult.com/video/resident-evil-revelations-2-trailer-episodique-3050417689v.html

New Japanese trailer released for Resident Evil Revelations 2, shows a bit of footage, mostly of cutscenes from all four episodes. Shows new stuff, mostly in flashes, but be warned, it shows some stuff that those who plan to play may best want to be a surprise.

Though having watched a trailer, three spoiler-bound things for Resident Evil dorks:

1.)
Why the scene of Wesker in the photograph?
2.)
The blonde-woman in a lab coat looks ridiculously like Rachel in Revelations 1, though that's highly unlikely.
And the biggest thing, 3.)
Was that Uroboros, and was that Uroboros combining with a Tyrant? Interesting.

I think it'll be a fun mid-tier Resident Evil spin-off game, price seems right to me, call me personally looking forward to it, first episode is a week away.

Also likely linked to another embargo as a few places uploaded some gameplay, particularly of Raid Mode, within the last day.

Nemesis_

Regarding your second spooler Dusk, I've noticed a character in Revelations 2 shares a surname with the character you've mentioned.

I haven't watched the trailer linked but yeah, might be something to that.

Lernaean

Banned
2.)
The blonde-woman in a lab coat looks ridiculously like Rachel in Revelations 1, though that's highly unlikely.

There is a woman that shares her last name with Rachel in Rev2. It is the black haired lady that dies in previous footage. Maybe it's her and they changed her model, or there are flashbacks in the game. Anyway, don't rule Rachel or a sister or something out just yet.
I too am excited about Rev2.

Edit: Beaten like a punchbag.

Dusk Golem

Regarding your second spooler Dusk, I've noticed a character in Revelations 2 shares a surname with the character you've mentioned.

I haven't watched the trailer linked but yeah, might be something to that.

I'm aware of that character as well, but it makes the tie... A bit more plausible, but I think it might just be a coincidence. Here's a screenshot in question, you only see this character for a quick shot from behind, they slowly turn but the scene cuts before their face appears:

http://s30.postimg.org/6naxuq21t/Whonow.png

Jawmuncher

Wonder if we're finally getting the other
Wesker
. Then just to have it crazy
shes jakes mom

*Note* I have not done my research on any of this and am only remembering what was said in the past.

Nemesis_

Wonder if we're finally getting the other
Wesker
. Then just to have it crazy
shes jakes mom

*Note* I have not done my research on any of this and am only remembering what was said in the past.

Definitely fits with the idea that it's a character that hardcore fans would only notice.

And the name of said character is gender agnostic......

Dusk Golem

Also, in related news, Resident Evil Revelations 2 got 9/9/9/9 in the latest Famitsu, but I think we all know Famitsu reviews don't mean much.

Lernaean

Banned
BROTHER! I didn't know you were on the Revelations 2 hype tra-- or whatever the fuck it is. Not enough passengers for a train, really, but maybe like a hype midsize family sedan?

I love everything RE (meaning 0,1-6, CV and Rev.), and i don't care about all the shit the series get.
Yes, no RE will ever be like a Mikami RE, ever, but for me, ever since the second one, RE was always a sci-fi, illegal experiment, body-horror game with over the top characters and situations. That's what i loved and that's what i still love, and no matter if Rev2 is and looks like a lower budget RE entry, i still find a whole lot of things i love in this one.
Game is pre-purchased on Steam already, and the biggest challenge will be me finding the time to play. Good thing is that the episodic nature of the game will make it easier to find the time :)

I love everything RE (meaning 0,1-6, CV and Rev.), and i don't care about all the shit the series get.
Yes, no RE will ever be like a Mikami RE, ever, but for me, ever since the second one, RE was always a sci-fi, illegal experiment, body-horror game with over the top characters and situations. That's what i loved and that's what i still love, and no matter if Rev2 is and looks like a lower budget RE entry, i still find a whole lot of things i love in this one.
Game is pre-purchased on Steam already, and the biggest challenge will be me finding the time to play. Good thing is that the episodic nature of the game will make it easier to find the time :)

Dude, that is awesome mate! Yeah, I totally feel you. This series gets a lot of crap, but what series doesn't, you know? Just a really unique franchise, and I'm glad it's - not only still alive and well, but able to have as strong a presence as it still does. (Resident Evil HD Remaster, for example, being Capcom's fastest-selling digital game.) And I shit you not, Resident Evil: Dead Aim GUN SURVIVOR 4 BIOHAZARD HEROES NEVER DIE is one of my all-time favorite games. Hope you get time to play Rev.2, because it's looking pretty good. I am really excited to see how the episodic format turns out for them. Here's hoping for the best!

Also, I read something a few days ago about the Vita version possibly being in trouble? Has there been an update on that? ;_;

Dusk Golem

Dude, that is awesome mate! Yeah, I totally feel you. This series gets a lot of crap, but what series doesn't, you know? Just a really unique franchise, and I'm glad it's - not only still alive and well, but able to have as strong a presence as it still does. (Resident Evil HD Remaster, for example, being Capcom's fastest-selling digital game.) And I shit you not, Resident Evil: Dead Aim GUN SURVIVOR 4 BIOHAZARD HEROES NEVER DIE is one of my all-time favorite games. Hope you get time to play Rev.2, because it's looking pretty good. I am really excited to see how the episodic format turns out for them. Here's hoping for the best!

Also, I read something a few days ago about the Vita version possibly being in trouble? Has there been an update on that? ;_;

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one on Dead Aim/Gun Survivor 4. I think it's one of the most underlooked/underrated entries in the franchise, it's not my favorite game in the franchise, but in my opinion, the best Resident Evil spin-off title (I've played all of them except Outbreak, which will be rectified soon). Revelations 2 I am going to see how it compared with my opinion on Dead Aim, but to be seen.

Jawmuncher

you have missed out, the online co-op was amazing! it is the best co-op ever in an RE Game.

but thats not to say the games are not great on its own

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one on Dead Aim/Gun Survivor 4. I think it's one of the most underlooked/underrated entries in the franchise, it's not my favorite game in the franchise, but in my opinion, the best Resident Evil spin-off title (I've played all of them except Outbreak, which will be rectified soon). Revelations 2 I am going to see how it compared with my opinion on Dead Aim, but to be seen.

Well the online is back thanks to the community. Dusk when you get around to Outbreak I'll play online with you have it all set up but haven't play any yet.

bFSLPRB.jpg

I want this game. now.

I never finished the first Revelations. This trailer is pretty good. What turns me off is the second character that you have to babysit. You can't really go wrong with the price though.

Hows this raid thing going to work when it's being split between 4 episodes? Like 4 tiny raid modes?

When you buy Episode 1 on February 24, it will include Claire and Barry's story mode content AND 54 Raid Mode missions spread across three difficulty settings. When subsequent episodes release they will also contain numerous additional Raid Mode maps - Episodes 2 and 3 will each add 36 missions to the mode, while Episode 4 tops things off with another 68 missions. All told there will be over 200 increasingly difficult missions

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2015/01/27/resident-evil-revelations-2---raid-mode-rundown

march 18 for the full game? damn i will be busy with Type-0/XV :(

Yeah everything is out on March, even the new Evil Within dlc! I'm starting to think playing it over the weeks leading up to March might not be so crazy of an idea- Clear it before the big hitters show up.

BTHR Zero X

Please let Rachel be in, she would save this horrible cast.

Clearly a joke post, I mean Rachel a bland character with no story or real lines. She was just boobs nothing more it was pathetic.

We have Jill Sandwich-Man Barry Burton, and the Claire Redfield the glorified babysitter.

I mean I can not stand Claire because all she does is babysit in some form. But she is 100 times better as a character then Rachel. actually the Ooze found dead on the beach at the begining of Revelations has a better Character then Rachel.

Bardiche

I'm just waiting for the full version to drop on Steam.

Please let Rachel be in, she would save this horrible cast.

Rachel over Claire and Barry? Nope.

It seems like the trailer has solidified my suspicions that
Natalia is mutated
based on
the memo, the ability to see monsters, and her chapter being called metamorphosis

KyleCross

Woooow, it's like they don't even care about spoilers.
Showing there's a Tyrant. Wesker factors in somehow. And the little girl turning into a monster.

Man, I wishI knew before I watched this trailer on YouTube (didn't see this thread to warn me).

Jawmuncher

Woooow, it's like they don't even care about spoilers.
Showing there's a Tyrant. Wesker factors in somehow. And the little girl turning into a monster.

Man, I wishI knew before I watched this trailer on YouTube (didn't see this thread to warn me).

Gotta say the last thing you mention seemed obvious to me as soon as we found out. Not so much the other two but we'll see how the story goes.

Just show me more Raid Mode characters

S.T.A.R.S. Chris, Jill and maybe Rebecca need to be in, don't care if I have to pay $5 each.
S.T.A.R.S. being included makes perfect sense with Raid Mode's new backstory as well as Wesker and Barry already in Raid.

"Villain's" voice in the English trailer sounds like Motoko Kusanagi's voice from the Ghost in the Shell dub.

dan2026

I don't know what to think about this.

RE has been so middling for so long and hasn't done anything interesting in a while.
At least for me.

Doesn't seem very horror focused.

Manu

I don't know what to think about this.

RE has been so middling for so long and hasn't done anything interesting in a while.
At least for me.

Doesn't seem very horror focused.

You're never getting another "horror focused" RE if you expect another REmake.

As far as modern RE goes, this seems to be the most horror focused since 4 at least.

joe2187

Banned
I dont know how I feel about this "Cross Buy" only with Pre-order thing that Capcom is doing

PS3™ and PS4™ system players in SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) territories can already nab the Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack when they pre-order the Complete Season, but now you can also take advantage of PlayStation®'s Cross-Buy feature and essentially get both versions for the price of one when you pre-order either version of the game! This offer expires at the release of Episode 1 on Feb 24, 2015.

While this feature won't be active on launch day, those who pre-order will be entitled to both versions of the game shortly after.

Article

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mikeeb1...-resident-evil-revelations-2-scea-territories

ShadowLag

I counted a grand total of two.

I counted 4, and there was a giant robot looking guy that smashes walls, and someone was using a flamethrower turret (wut). I'm sure there will be more in the game based on Capcom's history of misleading early trailers.

Remember the first RE6 trailer with Leon slowly walking through spooky environments and zombies? A couple trailers later and we had people flying out of helicopters with explosions going off everywhere while riding speed bikes and doing backflips and whatever else. They initially described the game as "returning to its horror roots", which amounted to Leon being forced to walk slowly in a straight line for one nearly on-rails chapter. The rest of his campaign, and all of everyone else's campaigns, ended up being pure action. Don't get me wrong, I liked the game in coop and mercenaries, but holy hell Capcom was saying some BS before it came out.

This looks like the same exact situation to me - first few trailers are kinda spooky, then as we get closer to release they start busting out the C-Tier generic explosions and loud orchestral music.

I just don't see how anyone can accept the Revelations series as a more classic style RE when it looks exactly like what the main series is today. Will it be a good game? Maybe, but it still irritates me when Capcom spews the PR to get everyone to buy it thinking it's more horror based when it really isn't.

If they want to go pure action, whatever. Just do it and stop saying they're "listening" to us.

Top Bottom