• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Promotional Poster Leaked? Fake or Legit?

Malvingt2

resident-evil-revelations-poster-1.jpg

resident-evil-revelations-poster-2.jpg

The pictures made of the poster show the Resident Evil Revelations 2 logo, a release date and the Nintendo 3DS logo. It could be possible that Capcom will release Revelations 2 exclusively for Nintendo 3DS, with a port to home consoles following a year later, just like they did with the first Resident Evil Revelations game. Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be released on December 3, 2013.

http://wayklegaming.webs.com/apps/b...-evil-revelations-2-promotional-poster-leaked

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's been a string of fake logo shit flying around recently. I would consider them fake automatically

Would be massively surprised if true; Capcom's E3 booth was incredibly bare (DR3, Ducktales, LP3, D&D, AA5 - that's it) and one would've thought they'd have had this there at least, especially with a supposed launch this year.

Lakitu

st5fu
Can't wait for this and Resident Evil 7. And Resident Evil 4 where they go to Umbrella Headquarters in Paris.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think I've ever seen a purported leak accompanied by off-angle photos later proved to be true.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That seems so fake. XD
And why no announcement at E3? Are they waiting for unveiling it at a Nintendo Direct?

The fuck I'm saying, it's a friggin' fake for sure :lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Probably fake, but I wouldn't mind if they did another take on a Revelations-like game. For some reason I keep on imagining a RE game set in a Jungle somewhat in the vein of Revelations, but don't know why.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's with these off screen, angled logo shots?

Eusis

That seems so fake. XD
And why no announcement at E3? Are they waiting for unveiling it at a Nintendo Direct?

The fuck I'm saying, it's a friggin' fake for sure :lol
Yeah, while there's a slim possibility of a Direct I just don't believe they'd have it out for December but completely fail to bring it up at E3, even for something like TGS I'd assume more time afterwards like a spring release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't see the release date being on a poster like this before the thing is even officially announced.

I also find it hard to believe that the sequel would again be (temporarily) exclusive to the 3DS: more likely is that it'd be multiplatform from the off.

Symthic

Banned
Given that it would come out in 5 months and we've heard nothing up to now, it has to be fake. Otherwise it's some terrible marketing.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Aside from terribly smudged letters in the title, 3DS exclusivity is what seals it as a fake.

The only reason I could think it would only be on 3DS after the HD versions is if Capcom made a deal with Nintendo that the Revelation titles would be something like 6 month exclusive to the console. Even this hold that much weight, as I'm sure Nintendo would prefer it on Wii U.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You should probably remove that Gamepur link OP. They usually steal stuff from other sites without giving proper credit. I think the sources aren't credible but hard to say at this point, and if they do make a sequel it won't be a 3DS exclusive.

Malvingt2

You should probably remove that Gamepur link OP. They usually steal stuff from other sites without giving proper credit. I think the sources aren't credible but hard to say at this point, and if they do make a sequel it won't be a 3DS exclusive.

done, thanks.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I actually think a 3DS-exclusive follow up would make sense, because then they'd again have the option to develop the game to the specs of the 3DS and port it later with a somewhat weak tech but a good "excuse" for it.

XPE

Gee if only there had been a major game show to show this off at, its not like Nintendo needed more to show either.

tkscz

Unless Nintendo is behind this, it's fake. I don't know if it sold better when it went digital and only cost $20 (it was on top seller list for a month), but the game originally sold badly, hell sold badly on consoles.

is that supposed to mean dec 3rd 2013?
or march 12 2013?

I'm going to go with the European style and say December, as it didn't come out 3 months ago. Which also means if real its possibly prepped for Gamescom, but thats a very short window between reveal and release.

halfbeast

Banned
we should have a fake announcement 'shop contest, spread it then over twitter and watch how fast those game blogs will consider it real.

Why would someone take intentionally horrible shots of a poster? It surely isn't because taking a picture is like being in an old fashioned spy movie... This reeks of fake.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Capcom is correctly spelled. Fake.

Top Bottom