• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC) - Early 2015

Pre-TGS Teaser.

rhtYHIO.jpg

fca43b9ecefc0129fef90l9k6y.jpg

Will update OP with more info when available.

-New setting and protagonists
-Playable at TGS
-Sequel; no Chris/Jill
-More info next week

-Focus on high quality graphics
-Zombies instead of Ooze

Blackage

So they've split off Revelations into the more survival horror series while they keep the main series as the dude bro Call of Duty clone I guess?

Seyavesh

no chris/jill

focus on high quality graphics

mechanics focus on green/red wristbands? (why was this highlighted in the trailer?)

zombies again instead of featureless sea monsters?

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Why the fuck did you try to be so fast to create a thread with no info when you can't even get the title correct.

So they've split off Revelations into the more survival horror series while they keep the main series as the dude bro Call of Duty clone I guess?

Seems that way. I really hope it actually does it well this time. Revelations tried, but failed thanks to the stupid side chapters.

I'm really excited that it has original characters this time around, since I was getting tired of Chris and Jill.

Lanrutcon

This is interesting. If they're keeping the enemy types (as in, breaking away from zombies and plaga) then the game will have to be set in or near the ocean. Another ship? Maybe following directly on the events of the first?

God I hope Raid mode comes back. That shit was glorious.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the difference between Revelations and Relevations?

Seyavesh

This is interesting. If they're keeping the enemy types (as in, breaking away from zombies and plaga) then the game will have to be set in or near the ocean. Another ship? Maybe following directly on the events of the first?

God I hope Raid mode comes back. That shit was glorious.

the trailer was jam packed with zombies including a closeup of a zombie lady with the big ol subtitle EVIL IS WATCHING

Awesome!
Revelations was the main reason I purchased a 3DS, and then I bought it again when it came out on PC, so I'll most likely be picking this up, unless they mess it up somehow.

DVCY201

Yay? Revelations didn't really answer any questions I had about the series, so I don't know how many more revelations I can take in a 2nd game. I don't know how I feel about new protagonists yet. They'll probably be awful and then forgotten immediately after this title.

DocSeuss

Should we be excited for this? Wasn't the reception to Revelations pretty bad? If it's the same team, what's there to look forward to?

I don't think you know what "dudebro" means, I don't think you've played Call of duty, and I don't think you're guessing.

Because seriously, nothing you said made sense.

Alfredo

Maybe it'll be markedly improved since it won't be held back by the limitations of a handheld...and hopefully no gimmicky Genesis device.

Korigama

Should we be excited for this? Wasn't the reception to Revelations pretty bad? If it's the same team, what's there to look forward to?
As much as I hate citing Metacritic of all things, an 82 couldn't be further from "pretty bad" (the vitriol from the vocal minority on GAF was never representative).

Kacho

Gold Member
Hot damn. Can't wait for some gameplay footage and hopefully a PC confirmation soon. Zombies returning gets me hyped.

Top Bottom