• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC) - Early 2015

Dremark

Banned
I don't think you know what "dudebro" means, I don't think you've played Call of duty, and I don't think you're guessing.

Because seriously, nothing you said made sense.

He means that the main series will be a 3rd person shooter targeting the CoD audience and that RER will be a spin off which plays closer to the first three games in the series.

Nemesis_

so PS4/One only confirmed?

The Xbox.com leak seemed to indicate the game was coming to old-gen too. Considering how long it would have to be in development for to be playable and releasing in early 2015, I'd say it's definitely on 360/PS3.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The Xbox.com leak seemed to indicate the game was coming to old-gen too. Considering how long it would have to be in development for to be playable and releasing in early 2015, I'd say it's definitely on 360/PS3.

thank you.
I hope mod will accept my "port beg", at least until consoles will be confirmed. I own: PS3, 3DS and Wii U. I hope to be able to play it without waiting for my "nextgen" purchase :p

Nemesis_

thank you.
I hope mod will accept my "port beg", at least until consoles will be confirmed. I own: PS3, 3DS and Wii U. I hope to be able to play it without waiting for my "nextgen" purchase :p

Ironically I doubt it'll be available for 3DS or Wii U. :(

Eusis

So they've split off Revelations into the more survival horror series while they keep the main series as the dude bro Call of Duty clone I guess?
They were copying Gears of War more than CoD, notably with that higher co-op focus similar to how Gears designed it to work with the whole campaign.

That's actually arguably fair play, Gears itself took inspiration from RE4. But I do hope this focus more on being an adventure shooter while mainline RE goes all bombastic... or in a different direction altogether.
Ironically I doubt it'll be available for 3DS or Wii U. :(
It would've been nice to announce it for N3DS and say that they just couldn't state that initially without it announced (and with Capcom likely cozy with them for MH4U support) but yeah, not likely to happen. I hope they make the best of it cutting out handhelds, though it's kind of a shame a handheld focused side series didn't continue there. Not that this is actually new behavior at all for Capcom funnily enough, just look at Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest.

-Sequel; no Chris/Jill
tumblr_n7esmyzP5R1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I thought Revelations sold highest on PS3 in Japan?

It's practically a lock.

Actually, the highest selling version of the game was...3DS. And I think worldwide too (surely in US). PS3 was second in Japan and I don't esitate to believe worldwide as well.

So they've split off Revelations into the more survival horror series while they keep the main series as the dude bro Call of Duty clone I guess?

I'm okay with this. I'm currently playing Resi 6 and I am enjoying it for what it is. Glad Capcom realise that there is also demand for a more old-school survival horror alongside their more action-orientated stuff.

Also, I'd like some of the Resident Evil b-tier characters to return at some point - Sheva, Helena, Rebecca Chambers, Barry Burton, Steve thingy, and so on. They've got a huge cast but always fall back on Chris, Jill and Leon.

Don't know if it was posted yet or not, but the Capcom PR people just sent out an e-mail confirming the platforms.

As part of today's Sony Computer Entertainment event in Japan, Capcom showcased content from its popular Resident Evil survival horror franchise. The first trailer debuted for the definitive version of the critically acclaimed masterpiece Resident Evil. Fans of classic survival horror can get their first look at the visual upgrades they can expect by downloading the trailer and brand new artwork from the Capcom press site now. The game is set for release on PlayStation(R)4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation(R) 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in early 2015.
Also at the event, Capcom unveiled Resident Evil Revelations 2. The title is planned for release in early 2015 on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. More information and official details for Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be available in the near future so please stay tuned. The live-action teaser trailer for the game is available to check out at the official Resident Evil YouTube page.
Thanks,
Capcom Europe PR team

Palpable

What is this going to be for?

Only RE I haven't played is the first Revelations. It worth it to get on PS3? Is it co-op?

Mpl90

Since the focus is on high level graphics, I fear 3DS had to be out of the question anyway :(

Still, PS3 too! Good :D

Mpl90

One thing that surprises me is that it'll be released in just a few months, early 2015 (in the West as well, given the PR). That's surprisingly soon.

Eusis

Probably be on the new 3DS.
They completely blew off Vita for the RE:R ports when it would've made a load of sense given its origins as a handheld title. Personally I wouldn't count on it, as nice as it'd have been to not announce 3DS initially BECAUSE of N3DS.

Seyavesh

speculation: the green/red wristband thing is going to be something along the lines of dead space type health indicator

maybe no hud/minimal hud? hmm

There are zombies in the teaser.
I'm happy :)

Oozes, while theoretically creepy, were very boring as enemies.
I think there is a lot that could be done mechanically with Oozes, make them into kind of mini-Nemesis(es?) where they're harder to kill and can come from anywhere, fit under doors or go through vents to chase you. Dunno.

If the game still controls like RE:R did and not like RE6, I'm glad for the return of Zombies.

Top Bottom