• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 uses the Joycon IR Camera (remember that?)

To reload with motion controls in Resident Evil Revelations 2 you can move your left hand under the right joycon's IR camera to simulate reloading a gun. I believe this is the first use of this feature since 1 2 Switch had us eating sandwiches.
DKSvC8gU8AAxUVV.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/911045531803074560

Edit: Also amiibo support?
Might also wanna mention that the twitter source confirmed amiibo support spotted in the menu. (no details)
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/911053155252576256

FyreWulff

You could do this in Black Ops 2 on the Wii U with the chuck motion, but only my friend could get it to do it reliably. The IR camera being used for it should make it much more consistent.

TheMoon

Might also wanna mention that the twitter source confirmed amiibo support spotted in the menu. (no details)

That is the important news here. Motion controls = double dip.

That's not news, only the impressions are. Gyro was announced, we had long thread taking apart weird translations about it.

Alright. Now just port the Wii version of RE4 to the Switch and the PS3 version of RE5 to the Switch. I'll also take the Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles. Gimme ALL the motion controlled RE games...

cvxfreak

I tried both demos yesterday. I think the motion controls are pretty good! A bit different from RE4 Wii initially, but easy to get used to.

Only sore point is 30FPS.

I tried both demos yesterday. I think the motion controls are pretty good! A bit different from RE4 Wii initially, but easy to get used to.

For both Revelations 1 and 2? As long as it's a solid 30 in 2 then that won't be too bad. The PS4 version could be a little too inconsistent.

That sounds fun. Hopefully it doesn't get old.

And, whoa, amiibo support? RE amiibo... a man can dream.

Nice to hear, especially from you.

Yeah, 30 fps sucks. Oh, well, not the end of the world.

Tap Ryu amiibo to unlock white gi with red headband for Chris. lol

Hey - what if this is the first Capcom game to actually use the god damn Ryu amiibo that so far has been utterly useless except for Smash lol

expecting it to do something in USFII was preposterous, I know! :)

Ryu is probably the most likely amiibo but I would love to dress Barry up as Luigi..

Shifty

You could achieve this exact same functionality using the gyro data and a gesture recognition algorithm. Like the NES golf 'directly to you' gesture, for instance.

IR camera still a pointless addition imo.

I don't really get it, how is this a use of the IR camera and not simply the gryos?

The IR camera detects your hand once it's close enough and registers it as a reload.
That sounds cool in principle but...if you're using gyro aiming, isn't that motion going to completely mess up the camera?

Just occurred to me you can just move your left hand up to the IR camera which wouldn't put off your aiming.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Gyro Aiming?
Capcom 1:0 Bethesda for this round....Bethesda is still leading overall though.... lol.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Get care to share a little but more about reload movements?
Are gyro and reload movements in both games?

Neiteio

Only right way to use this is to also yell "CLICK! CLICK! C-C-CLICK! CLICK!" while reloading. Also, diving sideways in front of your TV.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Fuck yes that's awesome. I was just talking with a friend at work about how that thing hasn't been used since 1 2 Switch sandwiches like 30 minutes ago. This sounds fun.

NimbusD

The one complete wtf feature of the switch. Would have rather we nothing, or an actual camera, or a headphone jack. Something useful.

In terms of visual detail it looks just like the PS4 version, but it's hard to tell the framerate from the little they showed in the Nintendo Direct

30fps is fine as long as it has local coop for campaign and raid modes. I just want a couch shooter damn it and RE shooting feels so good.

If it looks like the PS4 version even better.

The one complete wtf feature of the switch. Would have rather we nothing, or an actual camera, or a headphone jack. Something useful.

I'm interested in seeing more implementations before writing it off. I actually really like the sound of how RE uses it.

I know RE Rev 2 is a download and not on the cart, but do we know how they are handling that? Is it a one time code, or is it like an update similar to a download like NBA 2K, Doom Multi, etc...?

Neiteio

Oh man, if they release a wetsuit Jill amiibo... I'd also like amiibo of Claire in her red jacket.

Can we ask for BOWs? An RER1 Hunter amiibo and RER2 Revenant amiibo would be tits.

TheMoon

Oh man, if they release a wetsuit Jill amiibo... I'd also like amiibo of Claire in her red jacket.

Can we ask for BOWs? An RER1 Hunter amiibo and RER2 Revenant amiibo would be tits.

I wouldn't expect an RE amiibo, especially one to announce and release between now and November.

Top Bottom