• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Resident Evil Revelations" announced for Nintendo 3DS [N-CONF]

cvxfreak

2a9bspy.jpg

2573zvs.png

Keiji Inafune Interview Transcription:

Prime Blue said:
Developer Interview: Keiji Inafune
Capcom Managing Corporate Officer
Global Head of Research & Development

"Hi, I'm Keiji Inafune, I lead game development here at Capcom.

When Nintendo first told me about the Nintendo 3DS and its 3D screen I was really surprised. I was waiting for a system with such powerful processing ability. It is very attractive. Capcom games tend to eat up a lot of machine power, including graphics. Everyone at Capcom wants to make games with the best graphics. The Nintendo 3DS can help make that happen.

That feature, which may not sound fancy, is what I'm most excited about when I tested the hardware. We want to make great games to not put the hardware to shame, so please look forward to it.

The Resident Evil series, I want people to play it on the Nintendo 3DS. This will be a complete original. As a game, it will make you want to explore all sorts of secrets. I think 3D images make players wonder what's at the end of the hallway or what's behind the furniture. We're making it so it's really like watching a movie in 3D, so it's very engaging. Zombie hordes will come at you with more behind it, and when you see that it will make you think you have to shoot faster. By the game being in 3D, it can bring more fun and excitement to the players.

We've been making several Resident Evil games, but this one will be the real thing. It will be a complete original, similar to Resident Evil 5. I hope you'll take a look at the show floor.

It's not out on E3, but we're also working on Super Street Fighter 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. It's a game that's made for 2D, but I really like the way those 2D elements appear in 3D. I like it a lot."

Screenshots:

4k77yb.jpg
2mzywi1.jpg

29w39zn.jpg
3DS_ResidentER_04ss04_E3.png

2e0isfl.png
wqpll0.png

Don

Looking forward to this. I hope the PSP game still exists and is different from this. The more Resident Evil the better.

cvxfreak

donny: I know they said that. But Capcom is not likely to make a new RE for each system when the 3DS obviously does everything the PSP can technologically.

4k77yb.jpg

2mzywi1.jpg

29w39zn.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'll wait until this actually exists before getting excited.

olimpia84

I'll buy a 3DS just for this but I'll take advantage of the other awesome games announced for it and buy them as well! :D

Nintendo wins

Sectus

cvxfreak said:
donny: I know they said that. But Capcom is not likely to make a new RE for each system when the 3DS obviously does everything the PSP can technologically.

4k77yb.jpg

2mzywi1.jpg

29w39zn.jpg
Where are those pictures from? Have I missed any articles about RE on 3DS or PSP?

bomb_jack

Those screenshots cannot be realtime surely.

I guess a RE2 remake is not going to happen this year then unless Capcom have something fucking amazing planned for the Sony show.

Where are all these third-party 3DS screens coming from? If those are actually realtime, they look like everything I'd have realistically hoped for from 3DS on a technical level - much better than Kid Icarus.

jarosh

they've got to be real time. look at chris' arms in the last pic, you can clearly see the polygonal edges and behind him on the wall the somewhat low res texture. not that i'm complaining. i mean, jesus, it looks great!

fernoca

Yeah, plus there was no location like that to explore with Sheva and with Chris wearing his original BSAA uniform..plus if you look really close characters models are more ..simple than the PS3/360 version..

Though..still..holy shit! :O!

EDIT:
Looking closely, seems that's Jill..brown haired..exploring a mansion..and Hunk wasn't there in the DLC-chapter.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
jarosh said:
they've got to be real time. look at chris' arms in the last pic, you can clearly see the polygonal edges and behind him on the wall the somewhat low res texture. not that i'm complaining. i mean, jesus, it looks great!
I think that's what Capcom WANTS it to look like. It will be interesting to see what they actual end up shipping, though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
in fact, I'm fairly sure those are RE5-engine on low-settings shots.

cvxfreak

This has to be the same game as what was announced last year.

We literally only knew the name of RE Portable, and now we have something more concrete.

Capcom has a lot to gain by putting this game on the PSP given the sales of Monster Hunter in Japan. The 3DS version can also be played without the 3D. It only makes sense... but it wouldn't be unprecedented either for this to be another RE3/CODE: Veronica, REmake/Outbreak, Outbreak File 2/RE4 or REUC/RE5 situation. That much is true as well.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don't think those shots are in-game. There seems to be anti-aliasing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ookami-kun said:
The press conference kit has the images.
oh, I know, but I question how much time they were given to throw this together.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If it's any consolation, the video of someone playing MGS3DS has the same quality in the screenshot.

The M.O.B

Those shots are in-game people, but seem to have a little extra AA on them, but still those are in-game shots of what the 3DS can do.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Katana_Strikes said:
I wonder how long before we get to actually see this. RE PSP is MIA. Hopefully though we'll see that at SOny conference.

Yeah, I'm hoping the PSP version isn't vaporware like DMC PSP. :/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The M.O.B said:
Those shots are in-game people, but seem to have a little extra AA on them, but still those are in-game shots of what the 3DS can do.
Theres alot more than AA thrown on them. What proof do you have these are in-game?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
they are probably 6000x3000 AA'd to fuck and downsampled. That's how most PSP bullshots are.

FoneBone

The M.O.B said:
This (and some of the other third party games) look SO much better than Kid Icarus that I find that really hard to believe.

Top Bottom