• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations has 2 player local and online play + Streetpass support

Tenbatsu said:
プレイ人数:1人(通信モードプレイ時:2人)
(Number of Players: 1, 2 for Wireless Play)

対応:ローカルプレイ、インターネットプレイ、すれちがい通信、拡張スライドパッド
Supports: Local Play, Internet Play, Streetpass, Slidepad

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev/index.html

Thanks Tenbatsu! New thread for new news. The game also comes on a 4GB 3DS card (for reference, RE4 was around 3GB)

The M.O.B

Smh, this is looking like it's gonna be packed to the brim with content.

Extremely surprising that Capcom is putting this much time, money and effort into this,

Luigiv

This could either turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing. We'll have to see.

The M.O.B said:

Extremely surprising that Capcom is putting this much time, money and effort into this,
Despite not being numbered, this is still a mainline release. Much like Code Veronica before it.

The M.O.B said:

it makes sense, if its a major hit they will just port many many 'Versions' of it

I really enjoy Capcom to Nintendo support even if fans are hating them these days

The M.O.B said:

It's a mainline Resident Evil game. They don't piss about with their flagship series (along with Monster Hunter of course)

Anyway, I'm hoping that this multiplayer is hinting at a hidden mercenaries mode, with new stages! I don't want co-op for the main game.

wwm0nkey

2 player online co-op? Nice

Still hate Capcom after what they did to Legends 3 but I will probably still pick this up.

Nuclear Muffin said:
It's a mainline Resident Evil game. They don't piss about with their flagship series (along with Monster Hunter of course)

Anyway, I'm hoping that this multiplayer is hinting at a hidden mercenaries mode, with new stages! I don't want co-op for the main game.

I bet that's exactly it. Maybe they're just repackaging RE mercenaries into the game and call it a day (mind you that would be cool with me)

bomb_jack

I thought the emphasis on this title was returning to the restrictive gameplay of the earlier games. Co-op is going to ruin that balance surely.

On the other hand if they included Mercenaries with this it would be an amazing kick in the teeth to everyone who bought that. :/

bomb_jack said:
I thought the emphasis on this title was returning to the restrictive gameplay of the earlier games. Co-op is going to ruin that balance surely.

You're assuming that the main game is playable in co-op...

Edit: YOU BASTARD! lol!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To Far Away Times said:
From godlike to good, then from good to bad and back around again, then on to breaking my heart to capgod again?
I don't think I've really ever had a complaint about their handheld line-up.

Their localization record and cancellations, yes, but not the actual games for the most part.

bomb_jack said:
On the other hand if they included Mercenaries with this it would be an amazing kick in the teeth to everyone who bought that. :/
Nah, this would probably just feature characters, enemies, areas and weapons from this game (in order to save on storage space). The actual Mercs game is really fleshed out with a good amount of content.

sphinx

the piano man
fuck my life if capcom once again presents us a grand resident evil game that is meant to be played in co-op to fully enjoy it.

hopefully we´ll get some info about what this 2-player feature means for the game.

Gambit

While I hope and expect the main game to be single-player, co-op doesn't have to be like Resident Evil 5's and devoid of any scares. I could imagine Resident Evil 2 as a fantastic co-op experience, with one player going through Scenario A and the other through Scenario B at the same time.

For one thing, the characters would be apart most of the time and only occassionally team up. Both would explore different areas and only be in radio contact. Maybe only team up for puzzle or boss purposes.

I can just skip out on this and get the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release with all the extra content later. Fool me once (okay, maybe more than once), Capcom...

The Mana Legend said:
Wait, why are people excited for co-op after the debacle of RE5?

Because the coop was the only redeeming factor with that game? And I honestly don't expect the main game to be coop.
My bet is on new Mercenary missions and maybe a sort of separate coop campaign.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
walking fiend said:
I see. Think it'll be pretty big in the west.
It will undoubtly feel weird to have a major RE on a handheld. Not sure if it will be a big seller as on consoles, but it will be looked over with curiosity and give 3DS street cred.

FatCat

This game is going to be pretty big, in size and effort. Plus it there is only a 3 month wait ahead of us Europeans!

Berksy said:
Well, let's hope. MGSPW and GTACW bombed pretty hard. And they were both great games with a high ESRB rating.
PSP.

It will undoubtly feel weird to have a major RE on a handheld. Not sure if it will be a big seller as on consoles, but it will be looked over with curiosity and give 3DS street cred.
Yes it does indeed, and from what has been shown far, I think the title isn't really small in budget either. I believe it is a testing water for introduction of new ideas/direction to the series, like underwater combat. (beside Capcom wanting to make money and setting a foothold on 3DS)

Mr_eX

I want to play this but not as much as I don't want to buy a 3DS. Since this is Capcom there's probably a good chance they'll release it on XBLA and PSN(and hopefuly Steam) eventually.

Delio

Mr_eX said:
I want to play this but not as much as I don't want to buy a 3DS. Since this is Capcom there's probably a good chance they'll release it on XBLA and PSN(and hopefuly Steam) eventually.

How long are you willing to wait for that?

Top Bottom