• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations Remastered (PS4/X1) - August 31 - $20

Been waiting for this before I start resident evil Rev 2

Want to get on Pc too but the steam sets are so obnoxious in how they are sold

Friend of mine got his copy early. Says it looks to run at 60fps but still lacks the 3DS option to use the laser sight instead of a cross-hair.

Is it me or the dead zone still there?

Plays and looks great so far tho. Some textures are rough tho. The ground on the beach was hurting my eyes.

PSN has a bundle of Revelations 1 and 2 for the PS4 going for $39.99 (the deluxe version of Revelations 2 is included).

Is this a good deal?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
PSN has a bundle of Revelations 1 and 2 for the PS4 going for $39.99 (the deluxe version of Revelations 2 is included).

Is this a good deal?
You could probably get both separate on disc cheaper

Het_Nkik

Revelations 2 on disc includes all the DLC?

The physical version includes the following DLC on disc:

-Extra Episode: The Struggle
-Extra Episode: Little Miss
-Raid Mode Character: Albert Wesker
-Raid Mode Character: Hunk
-Raid Mode: Throwback Map Pack
-Claire's Rodeo Costume
-Moira's Urban Ninja Costume
-Barry's Commandant Costume
-Natalia's Lottie Suit Costume

The digital Deluxe Edition also includes this DLC that is not on the physical disc:

-Raid Mode: Weapon Storage A
-Raid Mode: Weapon Storage B
-Raid Mode: Weapon Storage C
-Raid Mode: Parts Storage A
-Raid Mode: Parts Storage B
-Raid Mode: Parts Storage C
-Raid Mode: Album Storage A
-Raid Mode: Album Storage B
-Raid Mode: Album Storage C

Revelations didn't click with me on the 3DS or the 360 so I'm giving this a pass. Revelations just always felt like an awkward middle ground between the genuine survival horror entries and the batshit insane action entries. I love both extremes of Resident Evil (REmake, RE6, etc) but I don't like what they did with Revelations. Never got around to the sequel either.

Too many great games being released at the moment to give it another shot, imo.

The digital Deluxe Edition also includes this DLC that is not on the physical disc:

-Raid Mode: Weapon Storage A
-Raid Mode: Weapon Storage B
-Raid Mode: Weapon Storage C
-Raid Mode: Parts Storage A
-Raid Mode: Parts Storage B
-Raid Mode: Parts Storage C
-Raid Mode: Album Storage A
-Raid Mode: Album Storage B
-Raid Mode: Album Storage C

Those seem kind of suerfluous, I suppose. Anyone knows what they do?

Bane

Can the story be played through in co-op? A friend and I recently went through 5 and 6 and I wouldn't mind another go.

Jawmuncher

Can the story be played through in co-op? A friend and I recently went through 5 and 6 and I wouldn't mind another go.

Nope. Only the Bonus Raid mode is coop.
Can't recall if they changed it but in the original you had to beat the story mode to be able to play all of raid.

TGO

Can't recall if they changed it but in the original you had to beat the story mode to be able to play all of raid.
Do you know if There's Pro support?

thelastword

Banned
Pro support is a must on this title. I think we can expect 1440p 60fps or 4k CB 60fps here...but again this is Capcom...SFV still has no PRO support...However,this is a new game, so a slightly different scenario.

I can access all the stages without playing through the campaign. Just finished the 3 first episodes. Just beat one stage and the next one unlocks. Still on chasm though.

Astral Dog

Revelations didn't click with me on the 3DS or the 360 so I'm giving this a pass. Revelations just always felt like an awkward middle ground between the genuine survival horror entries and the batshit insane action entries. I love both extremes of Resident Evil (REmake, RE6, etc) but I don't like what they did with Revelations. Never got around to the sequel either.

Too many great games being released at the moment to give it another shot, imo.
I say Rev 2 is different enough to be worth a shot, specially if you are fan of the series and find it cheap

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Picked this up for PS4 and I'm gradually making my way through the game. I'm really happy to be playing it with dual analog sticks to control now. I really had problems getting past the arena type sections of the game on 3ds.

I am a diehard RE series fan. This game seems a little smaller and lesser budget than the mainline games, but it is pretty spooky. Some of the backtracking early on in the game is stressful!

TGO

Ok got the game today, it says it has Pro support but I ain't been able to test it.
Technically it should native 4k60 with downsampling for 1080p
Any details or reports yet.

Pengu

Neo Member
So the only difference between this and the pc port is a raid mode stage with enemy counter?

I want to replay this but might wait for the switch port.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Wondering this myself. Why's nobody speaking about the game?

Anybody know if there's Pro support?

I talked about it in the resident evil community thread. It does seem to have pro support with antialiasing. I'm not sure which kind though.

Top Bottom