• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

cvxfreak

CODE: Veronica trailer coming up :D

Can't wait to see how Steve turns out, model-wise. I expect Chris to be lifted from REmake/UC.

Nemesis_

I'm more interested in how they're going to pull off the Ashfords, it was nice to hear Alexia's voice again after it's been soooo soooo long.

king zell

what happened to the voice acting in the second video? its the same old one but they removed the voice acting with dialogue!

Christopher

I just replayed all the games not too long ago before RE5 came out and Code Veronica is DEF the meatiest of the RE stories, giving you a LOT more character and depth. I wish if they remade the other ones that they would flesh them out a bit more too.

Steve's voice was annoying CVX...but so was Steve ;p.

A game like this would be awesome with trophys.

2h8alc6.png

Joy!

Nemesis_

Prime Blue said:
I didn't see that in the trailer. Alexia?

Steve looks really retarded, does anyone else feel the same? Not a fan of his VA too.

So, err, they are releasing a more "fuller" trailer at E3, right? Also, does anyone know if they ever explained the "cover" system that they said they would explain at Captivate?

Nemesis556 said:
I didn't see that in the trailer. Alexia?

Steve looks really retarded, does anyone else feel the same? Not a fan of his VA too.

So, err, they are releasing a more "fuller" trailer at E3, right? Also, does anyone know if they ever explained the "cover" system that they said they would explain at Captivate?

So it's accurate then.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I honestly think I'll have much more fun with this game than the first if only because I won't have to put up with the horribly uninspired Zero levels and I love the two games in the sequel. Wesker's zero levels were pretty decent but it's Wesker.

Nemesis_

Just watching the trailers for DSC makes it look so much more exciting than Umbrella Chronicles....it just looks so much more faster paced.

We recently went back to UC and were really amazed to find how slow it was.

Bizzyb

Banned
It looked kind of grainy. Maye that was intentional....either way it looks good but somehow not up to par with the RE2 scenario

Oh and Steve looks/sounds great, though I kinda miss whinny voice Steve...oh well.

PacoDG

My partner got some time with the game at E3, his full write up @ http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/e3-2009-hands-on-resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles/

snippit
Anyways, the game looks pretty damn good for a Wii game and works as an excellent reimagining of both Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Although, in part of our discussion with Capcom that sadly wasn’t filmed, it was pretty much confirmed to us that this is as close to a REmake-style reminagining of Resident Evil 2 as we’re going to see for a while. Which bummed me.

We couldn’t get a straight number out of Capcom regarding number of stages and missions, but we do know that many characters from the franchise will be making appearances in Darkside Chronicles, including very familiar faces like Ada Wong and Albert Wesker.

video he put up on youtube (he was with that Dante guy from WCG's Ultimate Gamer tv show on Sci-Fi)

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
PacoDG said:
Although, in part of our discussion with Capcom that sadly wasn’t filmed, it was pretty much confirmed to us that this is as close to a REmake-style reminagining of Resident Evil 2 as we’re going to see for a while.

Yeah fuck you too, Capcom.

Nemesis_

That Alexia picture is strange. While I like the new design, what the hell are those white things around her shoulders =/

Alfred looks perfect, a little more masculine even. Wonder how his VA will sound. =P

Bizzyb said:
It looked kind of grainy. Maye that was intentional....either way it looks good but somehow not up to par with the RE2 scenario

Oh and Steve looks/sounds great, though I kinda miss whinny voice Steve...oh well.

Yeah, but for me it was in a sad way given what happened to him

Hixx

Game looks hot as fuck. The screen with the spiders made me cringe, bloody hate them :lol

This is the first Wii game I genuinely cannot wait to play!

boiled goose

good with gravy
capcom again trapping wii gamers in a never ending cycle of frustration.

no RE4 style game! but you get a lightgun game!
it looks good, we buy lightgun game because that is what is offered.
no RE4 style game! but you get a lightgun game!

crap.

Alexia's and Alfred's models are quite impressive, definatly a big step up from Umbrella Chronicles. I just hope they continue to give us unlockable missions with the supporting cast, especially for Wesker, Alfred, and HUNK. I also hope they allow us to lead the HCF assualt on Rockfort island.

Nemesis556 said:
That Alexia picture is strange. While I like the new design, what the hell are those white things around her shoulders =/
That's the Alfrexia fight on the attic of the private residence, I think.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
evilromero said:
This has to be one of the best looking Wii games. Why oh why can't it be a third-person RE?

because then the Wii wouldn't have enough lightgun games on the horizon (not being sarcastic)

Is it actually confirmed that Cavia is making this game? Because, well, it's Cavia. They made the first RE: Umbrella Chronicles game. I think their best title so far has been Bullet Witch, and if you've played that game you know which high "quality" it was. And, well, that was their best so far. :lol

Top Bottom