• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

Danthrax said:
that's cool, except I wouldn't be able to use a Perfect Shot/Nerf blaster with it. =\
The original had a couple control modes, one of which removed the use of the A button and mapped it to something on the nunchuck, I think. I'd have to check though, I haven't played it in a while.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Unknown Soldier said:
Is it actually confirmed that Cavia is making this game? Because, well, it's Cavia. They made the first RE: Umbrella Chronicles game. I think their best title so far has been Bullet Witch, and if you've played that game you know which high "quality" it was. And, well, that was their best so far. :lol

yes, you can see their name at the end of the trailer.

RocketDarkness said:
The original had a couple control modes, one of which removed the use of the A button and mapped it to something on the nunchuck, I think. I'd have to check though, I haven't played it in a while.

yes, that's the way I play UC, while using a Perfect Shot or Nerf blaster. I didn't realize I could play it with just a Wiimote :lol

2ihxudw.png

10ibi3b.png

2ly4zr7.png

24b975f.png

2uptrv9.jpg

EXTREME MAKEOVAAAAAA!!!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Danthrax said:
yes, that's the way I play UC, while using a Perfect Shot or Nerf blaster. I didn't realize I could play it with just a Wiimote :lol

The Nerf Blaster is the best Wii gun shell.

It's a pity more folks don't know this.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Talking Evil said:
The one thing that I can say here is this:

Alexia’s incarnation in the Darkside Chronicles is burning hot, and she will leave you wanting more!

Oven Woman = DSC boss?

Darkpen

Banned
http://kotaku.com/5314775/resident-evil-shirt-feasts-on-the-flesh-of-the-living

The rule is this: convention t-shirts are awful, cheap things you see stuffed in swag bags then only again seen on large men at LAN parties. The exception to that rule is this Capcom shirt for Comic-Con.

To be given away free to advertise Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, it appears at first glance to be part of "the rule"; a rubbish black t-shirt doing nothing but blandly advertising a video game. But there's a trick.

504x_rest1.jpg

504x_rest2.jpg

lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't see the picture, stupid network at work must be blocking it somehow. Someone rehost on tinypic/photobucket/etc. please? :(

Ack, I've gotta finish up Code Veronica before this comes out. I'm at the beginning of the Ant. Base, but I'm away from console for the week. Looking forward to both finishing that, and then reliving it in DSC.

greeny

Neo Member
Hmmm, wasn't to excited about this. Found the first game a little dull, even though I adore Resi. Reading this thread has me more excited though.

I saw some guy earlier mention the Nerf Blaster, is that really the best Wii Gun Shell?

RocketDarkness said:
Ack, I've gotta finish up Code Veronica before this comes out. I'm at the beginning of the Ant. Base, but I'm away from console for the week. Looking forward to both finishing that, and then reliving it in DSC.

Ahhh, I was wondering if I should finish RE2 and code veronica before even buying this game. I guess I'll just pick up those two and RE:UC before I can get my next light gun fix. The character models look much more impressive than the last time I saw them. Looking forward to playing this in september.

Edit:

WOWOWOW at the page four screens. It is so well done!

JosM88 said:
Ahhh, I was wondering if I should finish RE2 and code veronica before even buying this game. I guess I'll just pick up those two and RE:UC before I can get my next light gun fix. The character models look much more impressive than the last time I saw them. Looking forward to playing this in september.

Edit:

WOWOWOW at the page four screens. It is so well done!
Yeah, if you were planning on playing the originals at some point, I think doing it before playing DSC would be recommended. 2's still a ton of fun; make sure you go ClaireA/LeonB if you want the "canon" ending.

cvxfreak

The shaky cam looks less hectic in those videos. Is the build new? Looks fun either way.

Hoping for some new information soon, particularly the Chris and Wesker reveals and especially the new Leon chapter with Krauser. Most RE fans will know what RE2 and CV look like, so some new content would be nice.

Can't wait for TGS.

Nemesis_

A few thoughts:

- Nice to see female zombies. =P
- When we first saw the game I was excited because it looked much faster and more hectic than UC. However, these new videos really make it look as slow as UC was. Hopefully that's just because it's an exploratory segment or something, though the RE2 sections in the trailer with hectic camera work seem to have been "slowed" in this build.
- Zombies and their animations/reactions to shots is awesomely improved. Quite happy with it actually. Still wish there was a little more violence (decaps, loss of limbs etc.) but this is fine.
- Claire sounds constipated with her "strong" lines.
- Nice counter attack from Claire, considering the team had no RE4 ones to recycle like they did with UC.
- Music is the same but with a bit of rearranging to make them sound different and a bit more modern. Nice touches.
- Leon looks more like his RE2 counterpart which is nice for continuity's sake.
- Bloodstained Licker hallway looks much more gruesome, love it. :D
- Extra statues in the RPD foyer seems retarded - why add them? >_>
- Zombies actually grab Sherry. Nice to see considering they didn't in the original. =P

This might be the first time the voice scripting/acting has actually rendered a game unplayable for me. Wow. That was torture to listen to.

Sadist

David H Wong said:
This might be the first time the voice scripting/acting has actually rendered a game unplayable for me. Wow. That was torture to listen to.
So you never played a Resident Evil game?

Question: when will this game be released? European here and I'm reading 2009 or 2010.

ezekial45

Banned
I liked how they finally go through the locked door in the RPD foyer. :lol

Anyway, the gameplay seems like it's more about avoiding hostiles and only shooting the ones that get too close. I'm wondering if the entire game will be like that, or if it'll start to get crazy towards the end.

Teknoman said:
How exactly do I watch these? I know real player plays flv files...but shouldnt these be direct links to gamespot's player?

Download them and open them with your browser.

Looks slow paced and boring.

Amalthea

Banned
It looks so damn good!
But I wonder if it will get the same kind of background story like UC had.
Beyond the stories of the old games like that Wesker vs. Sergei Vladimir-Stuff.

Tyrant_Onion said:
It looks so damn good!
But I wonder if it will get the same kind of background story like UC had.
Beyond the stories of the old games like that Wesker vs. Sergei Vladimir-Stuff.

The third chapter seems to circle around Leon and Krauser.

Amalthea

Banned
I know, but I mean like adding new stuff to the existing storylines of the previous games like the scene where Rebecca is watching Vladimir and his funky Tyrant walking away from the Arklay-Lab with the TALO-S Prototype.

Anony

are they just going to use the re2 voice work (i'm assuming)
i hope they use the re4 leon

best looking wii game yet, looks as good/better than dead space from what i can tell, probably being the environments are way better and less dull
very impressive, i just hope they got the framerate good as well

Capcom Europe did a very interesting Q&A session with Kawata and Noguchi which answers a lot of questions asked by community members. It is ten minutes long, but completely worth it as they mention a bunch of information we didn't know before.

For anyone who prefers the more compact version, I updated the Wikipedia article and brought it up-to-date with what we know so far.

PS: Can't wait to hear the soundtrack.

Top Bottom