• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

Yama

MNBF0.jpg

Game Title: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D | Biohazard: The Mercenaries 3D
Release Date: June 2, 2011 (JPN) | June 28, 2011 (NA)
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Publisher/Developer: Capcom
Price: ¥4800 | $39.99 USD

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D [Biohazard: The Mercenaries 3D] is the first game in series for the Nintendo 3DS, and the first original handheld entry since Biohazard Gaiden on the Game Boy Color. The Mercenaries was a minigame that originally appeared in Biohazard 3: Last Escape and was more action oriented than the main series at the time. The mode returned in Biohazard 4 and was further refined in Biohazard 5. The Mercenaries 3D provides a similar, but refined experience that is also tailored to the handheld nature of the 3DS.

Game Features:
- 8 playable characters
- At least 9 types of enemies
- 30 missions
- At least 12 stages
- First or third person shooting
- Biohazard Revelations Pilot Version demo
- Online or local multiplayer (2 players)

IBFSQ.jpg

Starred in Biohazard, Biohazard CODE: Veronica, Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles, Biohazard Darkside Chronicles, Biohazard 5 and the upcoming Biohazard Revelations. A well balanced male character good for beginners. Unlocked from the beginning.

ApjDK.jpg

Starred in Biohazard, Biohazard 3: Last Escape, Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles, Biohazard 5 and the upcoming Biohazard Revelations. Fast but powerful, Jill is a well rounded female character good for beginners. Unlocked from the beginning.

LuRPG.jpg

Starred in Biohazard, Biohazard 3: Last Escape, Biohazard Gaiden and Biohazard 5. Slower than Chris, but posseses much strong weaponry.

IegZv.jpg

Starred in Biohazard 0, Biohazard, Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles and Biohazard 5. Not very powerful or fast, but she holds more health items than other characters when a mission starts.

QkQ9R.jpg

Starred in Biohazard 0, Biohazard, Biohazard CODE: Veronica, Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles, Biohazard Darkside Chronicles, Biohazard 4 and Biohazard 5. One of the most powerful characters to use in the game.

cVk2q.jpg

Starred in Biohazard 2, Biohazard CODE: Veronica, Biohazard Darkside Chronicles and Biohazard Degeneration. A little bit weaker than Jill, but still very reliable and easy to use with decent weaponry.

K9Syd.jpg

Starred in Biohazard 2, Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles and Biohazard Darkside Chronicles. Good mix of weaponry and strength.

XXev7.jpg

Starred in Biohazard Darkside Chronicles and Biohazard 4. Carries a unlimited bows and arrows and a Rocket Launcher, making him the idea character to achieve combos or to kill difficult bosses.

A fifteen minute Yama & cvxfreak production. Don't be afraid to post, there is no more.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Where's Leon?

Either in some DLC for down the road, or as an addition to whatever system Mercenaries is eventually ported to, to draw in double dippers.

Yama

As much as I love Leon, he was so bad in Biohazard 4 Mercs in comparison to the rest of the roster. Just speaking from a tier perspective here. I'd love to have him and Ada in the game.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
How much Japanese is in the Japanese version.. wondering if I should import...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Barry was in Resident Evil 5? Where?

As a side question, do people love Leon in his entirety, or just RE4 and Beyond? He was sweet in 4, but largely forgettable in 2... at least to me. Was all about Claire back then.

Though Jill IS Resident Evil to me (despite the horrible treatment in 5, I hope Revelations redeems her).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't need Leon

Hunk, Barry, and Krauser. DREAM TEAM

John Harker said:
but largely forgettable in 2... at least to me. Was all about Claire back then.
I completely disagree. The game felt like they made it for Leon and then they remembered they needed to put in another character.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What the hell is with Jill's face in the banner? Japan making her so MOE~*~*~*~*~*~*~. :/

heringer said:
Leon is busy with that new SOCOM game.

Biohazard: Constipation, you mean. ;)

Barry was in Resident Evil 5? Where?

DLC Merc mode. I wouldn't really count it as being in Bio5, but there you go.

Neiteio

Leon is being saved for the cover mascot of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D: Second Strike. Along with Ada, Sheva and the new Umbrella agents from Operation Raccoon City.

Shame Clair is the only character we haven't seen in the console installments. Still, awesome to have Mercs on the go.

Kaldea

Sammy Samusu said:
I'm only here for Ada, where's she?

No Ada, no buy.
Came to say this, basically.

I hope this means Ada will have a part in the other game too by Capcom's messed up logic. :U

Dacon

Banned
I can't get over Jill's face.

I can't believe they didn't put Leon in this game, then used such shitty reasoning for not putting him in.

Shouldn't Wesker not be in this game because he's busy being dead?

Vamphuntr said:
I hope so... would make sense since there are no herbs or sprays in the demo.
Plus, they already said that ammo would be scarce in the actual game. I imagine health will be the same.

CO_Andy said:
Jill didn't need a nose job, Cap.
Jill always had a slender nose, it's actually a bit bigger now.

It's the shape of her face and her voluptuous lips that are all new, courtesy of Capcom's plastic surgery branch.

Dacon said:
Ammo scare in Mercenaries?

MADNESS
I'm talking about Revelations.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Bought on discount for the demo.
Will likely sell the game to a friend after that if the game doesn't grip me. Being Mercs mode only I doubt it will. We'll see.

Boney

Banned
dallow_bg said:
Bought on discount for the demo.
Will likely sell the game to a friend after that if the game doesn't grip me. Being Mercs mode only I doubt it will. We'll see.
discount?

Dacon

Banned
Gunloc said:

It's the shape of her face and her voluptuous lips that are all new, courtesy of Capcom's plastic surgery branch.

I'm talking about Revelations.

Her eyes aren't the same either. The shape looks different

Also, gotcha on the ammo. Though mercs would be more fun if they included a move similar to the mercs in re3, with limited ammo.

KamenSenshi

Wish this game was out everywhere now, it and Revelations are my most wanted summer games. Still don't know why they had to give my Jill plastic surgery, she looked fine before 5.

Daschysta

Maaaaaaaan, if this was released later in the systems life, and after revealations I probably wouldn't buy it, on the principle that it should have just been included in RE Revealations in the first place...

On june 28th in the middle of a software drought (sans zelda) and jonesing for a new online multiplayer game i'll probably just take the self loathing and buy it. It should be awesome for what it is at least. But DAMMIT where is my LEON?! It's not like Mercenaries was hugely popular on resident evil 4 or anything... I'm not satisfied with "Leon being in a shitty spinoff that will probably suck" as a decent reason for not having him in effing mercenaries :(.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yama said:
As much as I love Leon, he was so bad in Biohazard 4 Mercs in comparison to the rest of the roster. Just speaking from a tier perspective here. I'd love to have him and Ada in the game.

No. He wasn't. Change that to Ada and you'd have a point. Leon has crowd control ability, useful if you're being swamped on some of the maps and better weapons than Ada for dealing with the chainsaw dudes on the waterhouse map.

He doesn't have the "shoot them on the ground->melee" combo ability that Krauser and Hunk have (Ada as well, IIRC?), but that doesn't make him weak.

Gunloc said:

It's the shape of her face and her voluptuous lips that are all new, courtesy of Umbrella's plastic surgery branch.

(Fixed. ;))

I really don't have a problem with new Jill other than her not looking like Old Jill. But I've come to accept and even like her. But these renders of her are just weird. It's like they're purposely making Jill younger to appeal to young Japanese males. :/

Didn't know this was releasing so soon. Been looking forward to it for a while, and I'll consider the purchase if I have money.

Oh, and as someone who didn't bear RE5 yet...

Wow, I didn't know all of those characters were in RE5. That's interesting.

Daschysta said:
I'm not satisfied with "Leon being in a s####y spinoff that will probably suck" as a decent reason for not having him in effing mercenaries :(.
It's not even a real excuse. There is no "Leon Embargo". Revelations isn't stopping Chris and Jill from appearing, it's just whack reasoning thrown out by Capcom.

I don't even particularly care for Leon, but I still think it's a ridiculous explanation.

MooMoo

MisterHero said:
Screw Leon THIS IS BARRY'S TIME TO SHINE
Barry was such a beast in RE5 Mercs :3 WHAT IS THIS!?!?! And his exploding head bash melee move had me bursting in laughter when I first saw it. As much as people are whining, I have no doubt in my mind I'm gonna enjoy this game.

Top Bottom