• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

MooMoo

Oh EX-1, you never get old :p I feel bad for my partner though. I kept botching it up and we had a nice 130 kill streak going. He disconnected after a few more unsuccessful tries D:

Ken

MooMoo said:
Oh EX-1, you never get old :p I feel bad for my partner though. I kept botching it up and we had a nice 130 kill streak going. He disconnected after a few more unsuccessful tries D:

For some reason EX-1 seems tougher than it should be. Maybe it's my laggy internet.

GeekyDad

Mr. Pointy said:
I just started to get back into this one again. What's the best way to beat the Popokarimu in 5-5?

Don't remember there being one in 5-5 (though I haven't played in a while either), but generally just shoot any barrels near the thing and then lay waste to its underbelly.

MooMoo

GeekyDad said:
Don't remember there being one in 5-5 (though I haven't played in a while either), but generally just shoot any barrels near the thing and then lay waste to its underbelly.
Pretty much this, but only if you're looking to just beat the level or if you're skill point grinding. The enemies also drop a lot of proximity mines so if there are no more barrels you should use them instead. If you're going for a high score you're gonna want to grab all the time bonuses, kill all the normal enemies, and try to avoid touching the boss guy until you're close to the 150 kill combo.

After many, MANY tries, I have gotten a SS rank on EX-7 Solo

Whoever thought that wooden shields should be unbreakable from arrow shots should have their heads decapitated with a double-bladed chainsaw

Boney

Banned
You know, I really don't like 5's system of having melee attacks awarding you time bonus because it conditions players to just play like that.

Melee attacks should be there to save ammo, get some spacing or get great damage on enemies.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
lazybones18 said:
After many, MANY tries, I have gotten a SS rank on EX-7 Solo

Whoever thought that wooden shields should be unbreakable from arrow shots should have their heads decapitated with a double-bladed chainsaw
Krauze is OP, he needs a nerf.

Hey guys, just updating with a pretty good deal.

I don't mean to sound like a overzealous employee but it's $29 here in Australia at JB Hi-Fi... (not that i am one anyway)

Playing it now, kinda cool. Experiencing no slowdown in the Revelations demo which is pretty awesome too. A good, cheap present idea for anyone with a new 3DS. Whoop!

RE Mercs is a good game. It's amazing how it never slows down even when there's tons of enemies on screen.

I'd recommend it to people that like coop, like having a decent skill ceiling, are competitive, and hate gaming journalism.

dwu8991

Banned
Hey guys, just updating with a pretty good deal.

I don't mean to sound like a overzealous employee but it's $29 here in Australia at JB Hi-Fi... (not that i am one anyway)

Playing it now, kinda cool. Experiencing no slowdown in the Revelations demo which is pretty awesome too. A good, cheap present idea for anyone with a new 3DS. Whoop!

Still too expensive! I'll wait for another price drop.

RE Mercs is a good game. It's amazing how it never slows down even when there's tons of enemies on screen.

I'd recommend it to people that like coop, like having a decent skill ceiling, are competitive, and hate gaming journalism.

The game really is better than it's reputation. But it's also nowhere near as good as it could-should've been.

Despite the lack of characters, costumes, modes and options, the game is still a lot of fun, and currently one of my 3 most played games on the system.

I think they are really on to something with splitting mercenaries from the main series.

But for the next installment they really need to go all out with content. Double the characters, double the maps, double or tripple the costumes (3 costumes per character minimum) weapon customization, rule customization, every mode on every map (survival was the best mode in the game and was only featured in 2 maps)
Maybe even throw in a small coop campaign.

The foundation for an amazing game is there. Anyone who's denying that is delusional or lying. If they really go all out on content, then the sequel could become one of my favorite games.

The game really is better than it's reputation. But it's also nowhere near as good as it could-should've been.

Despite the lack of characters, costumes, modes and options, the game is still a lot of fun, and currently one of my 3 most played games on the system.

I think they are really on to something with splitting mercenaries from the main series.

But for the next installment they really need to go all out with content. Double the characters, double the maps, double or tripple the costumes (3 costumes per character minimum) weapon customization, rule customization, every mode on every map (survival was the best mode in the game and was only featured in 2 maps)
Maybe even throw in a small coop campaign.

The foundation for an amazing game is there. Anyone who's denying that is delusional or lying. If they really go all out on content, then the sequel could become one of my favorite games.

This. The game is great as a portable game and the only thing letting it down is the lack of gameplay choices. If you could do every mode on every map and there were completely customisable loadouts with a great array of weapons, i think it could be the start of a good franchise. Maybe even go the super smash bros. route and add powerups and temporary weapons like bullet-proof vests eg. MW3 and a flamethrower.

A man can only dream.

I actually wish there was less customization when it comes to weapons. The loadout system we have now makes choosing a character much less important to play style.

I actually wish there was less customization when it comes to weapons. The loadout system we have now makes choosing a character much less important to play style.

It means that there is absolutely no reason to play as anyone but Krauser or Hunk, with their OP easy instakills.

If weapons were tied to character, they could've balanced it a bit more carefully and gave the characters with awesome melees some slightly worse weapons, but nope!

PKrockin

This really tempted me yesterday at $20 on Amazon, but I have way too much to play on my 3DS right now. Hopefully it doesn't happen to get super-rare like some DS games did. I would really, really prefer it new with nothing unlocked.

It means that there is absolutely no reason to play as anyone but Krauser or Hunk, with their OP easy instakills.

If weapons were tied to character, they could've balanced it a bit more carefully and gave the characters with awesome melees some slightly worse weapons, but nope!

They don't need to tie weapons to characters, but tweak characters better. The OHK melees need to have some serious drawbacks to them, while the weaker melees need to be a lot faster or have higher range, spacing abilities.

Right now you are right, Barry is overpowered with Rebeccas Loadout for example.

I would love for them to allow for coop customization, to complement each other. Also the perks need some drawbacks to them. Like higher melee damage but at the same time slowed melee attacks, or Higher Ammo damage, but decreased ammo from pickups etc.

Ken

HUNK is actually kind of terrible if you're going for high scores in anything besides EX-1 (or was it 4-1). His neck breaker animation takes too long and the awkward pause after completing the kill doesn't help.

The Mercenaries talk in the Revelations thread made me check back on this thread; I'll probably play more M3D to help with the wait for Revelations.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just got this recently, and I have to say that it's really my favorite 3DS game thus far. Even more than RE: Revelations and Super Mario 3D Land. It's just so much fun. Really the perfect portable game.

Also I kinda wanted to brag about how I SS-Ranked 5-5 on my third try. :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I just got this recently, and I have to say that it's really my favorite 3DS game thus far. Even more than RE: Revelations and Super Mario 3D Land. It's just so much fun. Really the perfect portable game.

Also I kinda wanted to brag about how I SS-Ranked 5-5 on my third try. :lol

Cool. I gotta quick question....have they fixed the can't reset your save stats thing yet?

tkscz

Cool. I gotta quick question....have they fixed the can't reset your save stats thing yet?

No, and they aren't going to do so. This is a game I wish we could get some DLC for though. New levels could really bring some life into this game, still it's damned fun.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, just played through EX-1 for the first time, with Rebecca. I swear this is the most stressful game ever, but I still love it. Managed to get an A my first time out, so that's nice.

Also Rebecca is just too good.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
No, and they aren't going to do so. This is a game I wish we could get some DLC for though. New levels could really bring some life into this game, still it's damned fun.

Isn't there some kind of flashcart or something that resets your save?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've really been improving at this. Have every costume unlocked save for Wesker's Orobouros, and S (or SS) ranked every non-EX stage. The EX stages are kinda kicking my ass though. :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sorry for the double post AND nercobump. :lol Just wanted to post this:

798416_10200555149625933_408457517_o.jpg

Finally "finished" the game just a bit ago. EX-9 is stressful as fuck. :lol Love this game so much.

Top Bottom