• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles: Official Thread

cvxfreak

Official Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Thread.

m9nm2h.gif

2vtytef.jpg
2zrq1ab.jpg

zk5u2c.jpg

NOTE: Please keep this thread spoiler free by using spoiler tags. [ SPOILER ] [ / SPOILER ] (do not use spaces)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles / Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Release Date: Nov. 13 (NA), Nov. 15 (JP), Nov. 30 (EU)
Price: $49.99 (US), 7340 Yen (JP standalone), 8610 Yen (JP Expert Package)
Compatible Accessories: Wii Zapper

Playable Characters: Rebecca Chambers, Billy Coen, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Carlos Oliveira, Albert Wesker + others

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles' plot begins with a revisit of the 1998 events of Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, followed by a brand new chapter set in the year 2003 in Russia, starring Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine as they raid what appears to be the final stronghold for the fledging Umbrella Corporation. We also see the viewpoint of Albert Wesker during the events of 1998, regarding how he survived and operated behind the scenes.

Discuss all aspects of the game in this thread!

*banner is courtesy of www.biohaze.com

Link

The Autumn Wind
This game is gonna have to wait thanks to Galaxy. I'll be sure to pick it up by the end of the year if reviews are good, though. I loves me some Resident Evil.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Playing with the zapper is annoying after awhile... I'm gonna be playing this chillin' on my couch in lazy mode. :)

Jammy

Banned
I'm excited. I loved the Resident Evil remake on GCN and have several fond memories of 2, not to mention some of 3 at my cousin's place.

There's really no reason why this shouldn't be not only a defining RE experience that ties up some loose ends, but also a damn good light gun game as well.

Zeed

Banned
I was about to make this thread with a nice fact list and "Finish The Fight!" in the title. But cvx deserves it.

So what are the Wesker scenarios we know of so far? I think it's safe to say that he'll have his own version of each level. There was that screenshot of him
at the plant in RE0
, we already know what his RE1 and Fall of Umbrella scenarios are, and I'd bet anything that his Raccoon City scenario is
rescuing Ada

Link

The Autumn Wind
roonow said:
Looking forward to this. If it plays anything like "Resident Evil 4 except on rails", I am GAME.
You might want to read up on this game a bit more.

Saitou

Banned
cvx, you better have the new Wesker's report translated within 36 hours of it arriving in your hands for my reading pleasures.

Failure results in lack of cake.

Rotanibor

I think I wants this. But I also think I want to wait for some reviews first.

Does the game have any breaks in the action? Or is it basically just throwing zombie after zombie in your face?

roonow

You might want to read up on this game a bit more.

Yea I have read up on this game, and unfortunately, impressions have not been overwhelmingly positive from those who have played it. So I will just continue to live in my own fantasy world :D

Tim-E

Being the Resident Evil whore that I am, I am definitely picking this up.

I already want an Umbrella Chronicles 2 that covers RE2, CV, RE4, and a new chapter. :D

Zeed

Banned
Tim-E said:
Being the Resident Evil whore that I am, I am definitely picking this up.

I already want an Umbrella Chronicles 2 that covers RE2, CV, RE4, and a new chapter,
RE4 would make zero sense for an Umbrella Chronicles game.

I think it should go like this:

Chapter 1: Raccoon City Outbreak (RE2 - Leon and Claire)
Chapter 2: Sheena Island Incident (RE:S - Ark Thompson)
Chapter 3: Rockfort Island Incident (RE:CV - Claire and Steve)
Chapter 4: The Spencer Assassination (Original - Leon and Claire)

Tenbatsu

Did Capcom confirm RE2 is not in this game? Just wondering cause its not in the videos but I never come across Capcom saying this. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Zeed

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Did Capcom confirm RE2 is not in this game?
You will not be playing as Leon or Claire. However it did mention an RE2 scenario, and I believe that this refers to
Wesker's mission to save Ada and retrieve the G Virus sample

Also there are rumblings that HUNK will be playable in a remake of The 4th Survivor, which was of course from RE2.

So who's the marketing mega-genius that decided NA would rather have Link's Crossbow Training over RE: Umbrella Chronicles as a pack-in?

edit: just realized Europe is getting the shaft, too. Poor bastards. :lol

mutsu

The game looks really good, and I really want to know all the happenings and fall of Umbrella. This game is just so attractive in this sense. I would love to get this game... but it's too overpriced. YesAsia has it going for a whopping $149.49 Wii Zapper bundle... even the game only is $64.49 (Japan import)...

As much as I wish this game doesn't bomb, I will get this when it does bomb and drop in price. Otherwise, Super Mario Galaxy will keep me busy for the time being.

Linkup

HAL_Laboratory said:
So who's the marketing mega-genius that decided NA would rather have Link's Crossbow Training over RE: Umbrella Chronicles as a pack-in?

edit: just realized Europe is getting the shaft, too. Poor bastards. :lol

You would be paying $50 for the zapper and $10 for REUC in that case and the zapper is a piece of crap anyway.

Oh and that genius was probably the makers of the zapper which decided to pack in the game they friggin made for it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I find it interesting that the US boxart only has Wesker on it.

GhostSeed

mutsu said:
The game looks really good, and I really want to know all the happenings and fall of Umbrella. This game is just so attractive in this sense. I would love to get this game... but it's too overpriced. YesAsia has it going for a whopping $149.49 Wii Zapper bundle... even the game only is $64.49 (Japan import)...

As much as I wish this game doesn't bomb, I will get this when it does bomb and drop in price. Otherwise, Super Mario Galaxy will keep me busy for the time being.

That's because the bundle with the zapper is already pre-sold out every where.
Hopefully that means sales will be good.

cvxfreak

Saitou said:
cvx, you better have the new Wesker's report translated within 36 hours of it arriving in your hands for my reading pleasures.

Failure results in lack of cake.

It shall be done
by bothering a friend of mine!
:lol

Saitou

Banned
Zeed said:
Chapter 4: The Spencer Assassination (Original - Leon and Claire)
Unlikely to ever happen, due to the canon being Leon and Claire separating after Sherry is abducted. Hence why Claire is alone when raiding Umbrella HQ in CVX. (I think I got that right)

Leon probably joins the US government around this time, if by 2004 he's the prez' right hand man.

What I do need is some kind of acknowledgement of Sherry's fate. Anything. Even if she's dead, I wanna know. Please don't be dead ;___;

This is THE #1 game I'm looking forward to this year since I'm such a big RE fan.

The manager at the local EB/GS gave this cool poster to me:

1030070022.jpg

I'm glad there's an official thread now.

^ Has it been confirmed that the girl in the stasis tank is Sherry Birkin? I'm almost certain it is but I guess we're still waiting for comfirmation.

Saitou said:
What I do need is some kind of acknowledgement of Sherry's fate. Anything. Even if she's dead, I wanna know. Please don't be dead ;___;

It's very, very likely she's in RE5. Shots of a blonde girl (who seems to be the right age, considering when RE5 takes place) have popped up in trailers, and there aren't that many blondes in the RE universe.

Zeed

Banned
Saitou said:
What I do need is some kind of acknowledgement of Sherry's fate.
You can see her at the end of the RE5 trailer in a tank.

If anyone claims it's not her I'll bet them a month's ban they're wrong.

Saitou said:
Unlikely to ever happen, due to the canon being Leon and Claire separating after Sherry is abducted. Hence why Claire is alone when raiding Umbrella HQ in CVX. (I think I got that right)
Claire contacts Leon for help during the events of CVX, and Leon is in contact with Chris, which indicates that he's still involved in anti-Umbrella activities no matter what his affiliation is. Also the ending of CVX had Chris going off alone to help finish Umbrella, and now we're seeing what becomes of that. Thing is, Claire doesn't strike me as the type of character to sit around and wait while her brother is off kicking ass. There's nothing in canon that would forbid a Leon and Claire reunion.

Zeed

Banned
GalacticAE said:
Oh, here's part of the game's intro for those who want to see it. Nothing new but it's still cool.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27190.html
That's actually new to me, and it looks like they're not ignoring Spencer after all. I was getting worried that he was being marginalized out of canon. If he doesn't meet his end in RE:UC or an RE:UC2, then I'm going to guess that he'll show up in RE5.

EDIT: omg http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27194.html

At around 2:12 we see them actually shoot a zombie's head off and it explodes in a gory mess. This is a HUGE plus for me, I was worried that head explosions were out. They were so damn satisfying in RE4.

EDIT2: Heh silly me there's a whole video devoted to exploding zombie heads: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27191.html

goomba

Banned
I think this game could be a sleeper hit. With Resident Evil: Extinction showing in cinemas atm and the casual friendly gameplay with a two player mode, it should do well.

Saitou

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
It's very, very likely she's in RE5. Shots of a blonde girl (who seems to be the right age, considering when RE5 takes place) have popped up in trailers, and there aren't that many blondes in the RE universe.
HA HA HA WHAAAAAAAAAT

Fuck.

FUCK.

I was resolved to not buy a next-gen console, too :(

....FUCK

Zeed

Banned
Saitou said:
HA HA HA WHAAAAAAAAAT

Fuck.

FUCK.

....FUCK
Oh yeah by the way she's playable too.

I'm excited about RE5 because Billy Coen is finally coming back. That means we might find out what the hell happened to Rebecca. Good stuff.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Saitou said:
HA HA HA WHAAAAAAAAAT

Fuck.

FUCK.

....FUCK
If it's any consolation, you've got plenty of time.

Saitou

Banned
Zeed said:
Oh yeah by the way she's playable too.

I'm excited about RE5 because Billy Coen is finally coming back. That means we might find out what the hell happened to Rebecca. Good stuff.
This is because of Lyn, isn't it?

You've made a powerful enemy today.

After watching that video, I can't help but feel the vibes from CVX. Maybe they put Mike's body to good use? Is this even Umbrella any more?

I need some sleep.

Top Bottom