• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Vendetta in Theaters for one day (June 19); New Behind the Scenes look

Jawmuncher

C7ceutRV4AAtsBA.jpg

Sony and Fathom Events are coming together to release the film on the big screen in North America. Fans can catch the movie in theaters on June 19. The film will also be released internationally on May 27.
U.S. film-goers can buy tickets beginning March 31 or at participating theater box offices. Canadian fans can grab their tickets a week earlier on March 24. For all other regions, check the Park Circus website.
Head to Fathom's Resident Evil: Vendetta page for more on the release.

Behind the Scenes Look (Could not find a youtube link, so it's only the IGN player) - http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/20/resident-evil-vendetta-coming-to-theaters

------------------------

There's also some tweets from CVXfreak (Source of the rebecca image), if you're unable to watch the video that also covers some new things not in the video as well.
He's also working on a book about the history of Resident Evil
Code:
#ResidentEvil Vendetta tells the tale of Chris as he tries to move on after the difficult events of #RE6.[/U][/B]

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
New footage shows more of Chris and Leon working together for real (as opposed to their short RE6 meeting).

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
New footage shows Chris and Rebecca together walking up to Leon in a house to discuss something.

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
Another new shot of a plane flying over a greenfield. (no context for this shot)

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
Rebecca can be seen in a lab coat examining data on 4 touch screen computer monitors.

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
Another shot of a concrete hallway leading up to a door with two armored guards in front of it.

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
A shot of Leon walking down a morgue slowly. He inspects a body bag with a melancholy face. Body bag suddenly moves!

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
Leon can be seen riding a Ducati down a freeway. He pulls out his gun, shoots at Cerberus chasing him.

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
New York City is under attack by BOW. Scenes of zombies in the city attacking villains.

#ResidentEvil Vendetta
A shot of Chris, Leon and some other BSAA lady on a plane watching something unfold.

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
Chris seen fighting an oversized Tyrant-like monster. Then Glenn Arias outside the mansion. Glenn seems superhuman...

#ResidentEvil Vendetta 
Chris and two BSAA soldiers seen exploring mansion. Main Hall similar to Spencer Estate. (stairs+2nd floor walkway)

#ResidentEvil Vendetta
Rebecca seen whacking a zombie's head with a blunt object. (better than bug spray.)

#ResidentEvil Vendetta
Chris shown driving BSAA vehicle in NYC (same as the one he drove in RE6).

#ResidentEvil Vendetta
The animation actually looks great, a notable upgrade over Damnation. The last preview just chose uncosmetic scenes
re4broukd.png
chrqbule.png

I'm liking everything i've heard about this movie so far. First it was the trailer, which hit a lot of notes I felt RE7 lacked. Now the actually people working on the movie from the short behind the scenes look discuss how the film is representative of all of the things RE has been in it's 20 years. Which I really like hearing. RE is so much more than just being a scary game, or an action game. It's a multitude of things, and it will be interesting to see that encapsulated in this new film.

luulubuu

I think I'm in love with this image.

C7clcydW4AEg6vq.jpg

Super excited for the movie, May couldn't come faster! Thanks for the heads up

judhudson

So it releases on Bluray / DVD on May 27th, then only showing one day in theater 3 weeks later? Whelp, getting the Bluray then I suppose!

I'd figured it'd show on the 27th and release the following month or something along the lines

Jawmuncher

So it releases on Bluray / DVD on May 27th, then only showing one day in theater 3 weeks later? Whelp, getting the Bluray then I suppose!

I'd figured it'd show on the 27th and release the following month or something along the lines

Yeah I find the Bluray being out before the theatrical release kind of odd, usually it's at least on the day of like in the case of The Killing Joke. Still might end up waiting it out to enjoy it in the theater.

I am curious if due to what the film is about, could potentially mean the Not A Hero DLC would be released around the same time.

BadWolf

Every damn time I see footage of this I get sad that this isn't RE7 :/

Super hyped for it, really hope it's good.

cvxfreak

Where does it say the DVD/BD comes out May 27? That's the date of the Japanese theatrical release, which is what I'm assuming they meant by "international release."

Looking forward to this movie.

Sad not to see RCS as Chris, him and Patricia Ja Lee are the best for voice actor for their respective characters IMO.

Top Bottom