• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village development build (ransomware attack connected) leaks.

Concern

Dragons, werewolves, and vampires now? Wtf happened lol. I loved 7 but this looks like trash.

Where's my new Silent Hill announcement? Fuck you Dusk and Serrano

Airbus Jr

Banned
I'm bummed having this spoiled (looks like the final boss and ending), but damn, this looks fucking great!

I noticed this girl from the leaked screenshots is wearing Ethan's jacket... Hmmm.
Makes sense since the leaks say Ethan dies

Edit: MAJOR end game spoilers:
As I suspected, she's Ethan's daughter, Rose. Apparently, this is her at the ending of the game after a 15 year timeskip. Chris Redfield raised her as that was Ethan's dying wish. I wonder if this means RE9 will take place during this time--making pretty much all the legacy RE characters around 60 years old.
Where are those 15 years timeskip info coming from? Seems like its abit too long the character doesnt seems to age much here

Last edited:

GrayChild

Gold Member
This design is pretty badass

09k5r0Q.jpg

Smallest tits I've ever seen in a Resident Evil game. WTF Capcom?!? You went full woke just like the others, haven't you?

Fuck off! I'm cancelling my preorder.

adtuQKm.jpeg

CAPCOM IS BACK!!!

HOLY SHIT! I love you CAPCOM. Please forget what I just said. I also uncancelled my preorder.

Airbus Jr

Banned
it was leaked on /v/ i think friday in the US.

baby belongs to the re7 protag who dies in 8, and chris retires after 8 with the baby. final boss is the vampire lady with the dragon. theres a special epilogue after credits where there is a fast forward to the future and the baby is grown up, whose name is the same as the girl in 7 with the powers.

Dafuq is vampire and dragon doing in resident evil ?!?!?!?

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Where are those 15 years timeskip info coming from? Seems like its abit too long the character doesnt seems to age much here
The same 4chan thread where the screenshots leaked. The only screenshot from the timeskip is the blond girl wearing the cap (the grown up infant that Chris is holding in that one textureless screenshot). The rest of the images are before the timeskip.

SuperGooey

Dafuq is vampire and dragon doing in resident evil ?!?!?!?
Dafuq were giant snakes, giant alligators, the Terminator, Neo Wesker, and giant robot statues doing in Resident Evil?

I only want resident evil 2 remake style resident evil games so this type can kiss my ass.
I'm glad Capcom isn't so close minded, otherwise the series would have died from stagnation.

Last edited:
It seems to be something akin RE4 + RE7. Which is good.

Though no way will disappear from the future stories. Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon are the core of RE franchise basically and the cult characters.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Dafuq were giant snakes, giant alligators, the Terminator, Neo Wesker, and giant robot statues doing in Resident Evil?

I'm glad Capcom isn't so close minded, otherwise the series would have died from stagnation.

Mutated animals and human make sense

Vampire and Dragon does not

This is Resident Evil not Van Helsing or Dragon Age

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Mutated animals and human make sense

Vampire and Dragon does not

This is Resident Evil not Van Helsing or Dragon Age
They aren't literal supernatural dragons/vampires. These are creatures mutated by a virus that resemble supernatural being, ala, what RE has always been since RE1. Nothing in RE8 that has been shown so far is any more or less ridiculous than the monsters in RE2, Code Veronica or RE4:

c04bf0784087194d44244b40b40575cf--resident-evil-games-evil-art.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

(Alexia can also throw fire balls like a Dragon Ball Z character)
resident-evil-4-salazar-battle.jpg

Then there was RE Zero, which has leaches that retain the memories of a Marcus, and can come together to form him (as well as his clothes) so he can sing opera and get revenge on Wesker and Birkin.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

When the big take away from the leaks is "OMG badonkadonks HoNk HoNk" I think it's a fair point
Their minds will be blown when they actually see full-on nudity in the game, which according to the ESBR description, it does.

Chris hangs dong

Last edited:

Lethal01

It's like some of you have never seen tits before

First of all, I shall love boobs till the day I die, when they no longer put a smile on my face it means I'm already dead inside.
Secondly, this ain't just boobs, These are grey boob on a goth milf.

Very beautiful, very powerful.

Arachnid

Those enemies look fkn fantastic, and I completely regret looking. Time to go dark on RE8 till launch and hopefully forget as much of that as possible.

SuperGooey

Cutscenes leaked on 4chan. I can 100% confirm Chris is voiced and mocapped by Jeff Schine (the voice actor of Carlos in RE3R) which is weird. Also, Mia seems to have a new face model (thank god) and you can skip cutscenes and use a photo mode--nice!

FuB12KI.png

g8rq8ni.png

EDIT: character's face look a little weird since they seem be fixed on a single facial expression and aren't lipsinced. All the screenshots and footage are WIPs, so don't freak out if the models and lighting look off.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Resident Evil 8 will be successful as far as horror goes, now do they have to improve world building, memorable characters? Absolutely.

SuperGooey

Resident Evil 8 will be successful as far as horror goes, now do they have to improve world building, memorable characters? Absolutely.
The RE8 cast, based on the trailers, looks interesting. I'm curious to see how interactions with Mother Miranda, the Van Hellsing looking guy, and the merchant go (there is no audio in the leaked Mother Miranda cutscenes, and there is nothing leaked of the other two characters yet). I'm also excited to see how Ethan develops. I know it's popular to say he has no personality, but I think RE7 alone demonstrated that he at least is more interesting than Chris Redfield who has no distinct personality traits and is easily the most boring RE protag.

Based on the cutscenes I've seen, Chris is about as vanilla as he usually is.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Yeah, I’m fine with it. It’s not like they’re not doing remakes as well at the same time

Dragons is kind of out there, though. I mean, it evolved from what? Infected bird had sex with a reptile, then laid an egg?

SuperGooey

Yeah, I’m fine with it. It’s not like they’re not doing remakes as well at the same time

Dragons is kind of out there, though. I mean, it evolved from what? Infected bird had sex with a reptile, then laid an egg?
First of all, it's a big vagina dragon--not to be confused with your regular ol' dragon. ;)

But if I had to guess, I'm guessing it's a combination of the virus in RE7 and something new. Remember, Evelyn turned into this at the end of RE7, and this vagina dragon monster seems to kinda have a similar texture/tentacle things mixed with the fetus thing we saw in the trailers. I can't explain the wings, but I'm sure there'll be some kind of sci-fi virus to explain it in a file somewhere (like every RE). Given the gothic setting, I'm guessing the wings come from bat DNA or something.

JakeSherry

Neo Member
Lots of personal information like NDAs, sales reports and employee information is in there. All in all they stole 1 TB of data but haven't released it all. It's likely they'll sell some of it since their main motive is money https://ragnarleaks.top/?068vV05uS2GCgqa
Archive: https://archive.md/m1szg
Archive 11/18/2020 : https://archive.md/DkRro
Archive 11/19/2020: https://archive.md/PRCGy

What they have released for free has:
>DMC 2 source
>RE8 village details
>Monster Hunter Rise coming to PC
>Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles source
>RE4 VR
>New Shooter Multiplayer game titled "SHIELD" geared towards streamers
>New Switch exclusive IP under the codename "GUILLOTINE"
>Stadia paid Capcom $10 million USD to put RE7 and RE8 on the platform. Sony paid $5 million USD for VR/timed DLC/demo exclusivity
>Monster Hunter: Stories 2 details
>New Ace Attorney (DGS) compilations for switch and PS4

Crapcom is going the desperation way, pandering to streamers and SJWs.

pic related #1 is Umbrella Chronicles map pic related
pic1.png

#2 is details about unannounced game known only as SHIELD (1203 is release date) pic related
pic2.png

#3 and 4 is more details about the upcoming game SHIELD
pic3.png

pic4.png

They are going full marxist.

There is a powerpoint presentation talking about how CAPCOM can become more politically correct as they grow in recognition around the world. All 21 slides are in Japanese but they have been translated to english.

>Political Correctness and Points to Consider in Creating Advertising Materials
>Political Correctness, as the Capcom brand is becoming more and more well-known overseas. Using politically and socially fair and neutral words and phrases is growing rapidly in importance.
>We are required to be conscious of using fair and equitable language and terms that do not include social discrimination or prejudice due to appearance, occupation, gender, culture, race, ethnicity, faith, ideology, health/disability, age, marital status or LGBT.
>The most recent example is the "Black Lives Matter" movement (a global demonstration against police brutality against African Americans).
>In addition, the number of areas and PR/advertising materials (trailers and art) that need to be created with caution in each region and in the production of PR/advertising materials (trailers and art) is increasing, so the guidelines will be mielized again.
>In particular, the number of players with diverse backgrounds, tastes and sensitivities is increasing as our titles have grown in sales globally.
>More attention is needed.
>Food x religious taboos (be careful of Arabic localisation)
>Foods that Muslims (i.e., Muslims) avoid that require special attention: "pork," "alcohol," "blood," and "meat that has not been properly processed religiously.
slide1.png

slide02.png

slide03.png

slide04.png

slide05.png

slide06.png

slide07.png

slide08.png

slide09.png

slide010.png

Top Bottom