• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village DLC Reveals Ada Wong Character Was Cut

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Resident Evil Village’s Trauma Pack DLC, which comes packaged with the Collector’s, Deluxe, and Complete versions of the game, has some behind the scenes artwork that reveals a fan favourite character was originally planned to be part of Village but was ultimately cut.

In ‘The Tragedy of Ethan Winters Artwork’, a artwork gallery that is provided as part of the Trauma Pack DLC, there is a set of artwork showing concept designs for Ada Wong. Rather than her classic red dress, Ada is wearing a gothic plague doctor-inspired outfit that looks closer to a Bloodborne hunter than anything in Resident Evil.

“Early plans had a mysterious masked person that saves Ethan,” explains the concept art’s caption. “This was going to be Ada Wong investigating the village, but this was cut due to a number of conflicting scenarios.”

A further piece of art shows a storyboard that depicts the masked Ada bursting into a courtroom and rescuing player character Ethan Winters from his captors. “An early plot point was to have Ada, disguising herself with a mask, help Ethan escape from his trial,” explains the caption.

WzU5B0Y.jpg

OrionNebula

Should have kept her in. And as fun as Duke is, why not just include the merchant from RE4?
At least he’s referenced. Plus it’s in a completely different part of the world, that’d be some crazy odds. I see no upside of seeing him there

OT : I wonder what they mean exactly by ‘’due to a number of conflicting scenarios’’

Chiggs

At least he’s referenced. Plus it’s in a completely different part of the world, that’d be some crazy odds.

Right, but that's what kind of prompted the question? The RE4 merchant should basically be Q from James Bond. No need for additional characters.

Edit: Also, both RE4 and RE8 take place in Europe.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

It would have been cool, but if the scenario was changed it isn't a big deal imo, Ada is the same in all games she appears in and she had a big role in RE6.

Characters get cut all the time in development.

Hugare

Then it would enter RE 4 clone territory (even more)

Chris being the only one of the main cast interacting with Ethan is enough.

Him being saved by Ada would be forcing it a little bit. Whats next? Being saved by Leon? Finding Rebeca at the castle?

Belmonte

Good. It is part of her villainous charm to not give a shit about anyone who isn't called Leon. Ada should only help him.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
At least he’s referenced. Plus it’s in a completely different part of the world, that’d be some crazy odds. I see no upside of seeing him there

OT : I wonder what they mean exactly by ‘’due to a number of conflicting scenarios’’
As if the merchant made any real sense in RE4 to begin with...

jaysius

Banned

Conflicting scenarios are they wanted to milk fans at a later date by making this separate DLC.

It's always been bullshit that "content didn't fit the game" games have sidequests and side stories that can be completely oddball, they always have... before DLC starting ripping content out of the games and gamer's started eating up that stupid excuse. It's not a movie that has to make a certain run time window, it's a game it can take longer if they want it to.

The character design looks badass.

Last edited:

SSfox

OMGGGG she looks amazing (and very bloodbornish)

Another hint that RE4 remake is in preparation (already a lot of stuff in RE8 is very RE4). Capcom better give us mercenaries mode for RE4 with Wesker, Ada, Hunk, Krauser, and of course Leon as playable in the mode. That was such a mess they didn't made RE3 mercenaries, and weird considering characters models were already there and super well done (Jill, Niko, Carlos, Mikael), hopefully they won't blow the opportunity with RE4R. We'll see.

HYDE

Banned
This is awesome...just needs a red outfit instead of black. Can someone photoshop it as red instead of black?

Excess

Too much clothing.
For some reason, RE games always have these low-key sex appeal in them. I appreciate the aesthetic. Not sure if it's just a traditional thing, or a Japanese developer who hasn't been tainted by US trends.

Even in RE8, I can't stop thinking about how 3 vampire sisters hang you up like a scene out of Hellraiser while big mommy dearest gives orders.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Yet everyone has American accent.

sendit

For some reason, RE games always have these low-key sex appeal in them. I appreciate the aesthetic. Not sure if it's just a traditional thing, or a Japanese developer who hasn't been tainted by US trends.

Even in RE8, I can't stop thinking about how 3 vampire sisters hang you up like a scene out of Hellraiser while big mommy dearest gives orders.

Whoa spoilers! Now I’m slightly turned on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom