• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village: Exclusive Look At How Upgrades Work

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join us as we take an exclusive look at the upgrade systems of Resident Evil Village. The dangerous world of Capcom's new horror title is filled with animals and enemies that hold precious items vital to your survival, but how does that help the player? Be sure to tune in to find out!

MiguelItUp

Whoa, yeah, I'm really liking how this sounds. The game is definitely having a more RE4 vibe to it, and I'm digging it. Also some things new to the series. I can't believe it's so close!

You can see the controls are the same as the demo - so still absolutely fucked.

I can tell just from watching it has that same weird issue that Dishonoured 2 and PREY had

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yes of course, but what about VR?

Need GIF by memecandy

But RE7 was fine. I don't see why they'd change it. That shit ruined Dishonored 2 for me.
I know, RE7 was absolutely ok so I don’t know how they managed to screw this up so much.

It was exactly like Dishonoured 2 in the demo, movement / aiming and acceleration was completely fucked...

What’s more annoying is I’m sure reviewers won’t mention this at all but it means it’s pretty much unplayable to me. You can see where they are trying to aim with the pistol in the video that’s it’s still fucked.

Arachnid

You can see the controls are the same as the demo - so still absolutely fucked.

I can tell just from watching it has that same weird issue that Dishonoured 2 and PREY had
I don't think we played the same Dishonored 2. That game has some of the best first person control and movement I've ever experienced.

EDIT: Didn't see your second post. You can mess with the aim acceleration in the settings but I never had a problem aiming in that game. I do remember Dishonored 1 being a but rougher here though.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like the aesthetic of the Duke’s shop. I can’t imagine this being that big of a deal. I just wonder if double the playtime of RE7 means 12 hours or 20 hours. It doesn’t really matter to me because I want to absorb the game at first. Maybe that GI video is making it look way more complicated than it sounds. That stuff normally goes over like butter on a hot skillet when you’re playing the game.

Last edited:
I don't think we played the same Dishonored 2. That game has some of the best first person control and movement I've ever experienced.

EDIT: Didn't see your second post. You can mess with the aim acceleration in the settings but I never had a problem aiming in that game. I do remember Dishonored 1 being a but rougher here though.

Did you play on PS4? I think it was ok on Xbox

Spaceman292

Banned
I know, RE7 was absolutely ok so I don’t know how they managed to screw this up so much.

It was exactly like Dishonoured 2 in the demo, movement / aiming and acceleration was completely fucked...

What’s more annoying is I’m sure reviewers won’t mention this at all but it means it’s pretty much unplayable to me. You can see where they are trying to aim with the pistol in the video that’s it’s still fucked.
Camera acceleration needs to be outlawed immediately. RE2 and 3 remake had camera options so I hope at least this one will have them too.

Mato

I really dig the daytime cloudy skylight. I hope it stays that way throughout the whole game although I doubt it.

SoraNoKuni

Never been the biggest RE fan, but this looks rather interesting. I like the setting, somehow reminds me of 4 which was my favorite RE

iorek21

Guessing by the upgrades paths, this game won’t be that short.

I bet it’s around 18h + some side content.

OrionNebula

At this point, this game is RE4x2
I don’t mind this too much. Only thing that kind of bugs me is that we’re probably getting this AND RE4make back to back

Can’t say I enjoy seeing the same assets re-used, and capcom does this quite a bit

I think they still use the barrels from the original RE4 in somewhat recent games. 😆

I’m also fairly certain one of the sniper gun sound is using the same sound as from RE4, from what I heard in the new Game Informer preview

Top Bottom