• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village To Offer Graphics & Performance Mode Like DMC5, Devs Putting PS5 to Full Use

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
and yet the game is releasing on ps4 and xbox one
This so much. I highly doubt they can maximise PS5 technologies when the engine has to natively support much older technologies. I’m sure there will be a good upgrade over the older consoles but there’s no way the engine can really stretch its legs until it abandons Jaguar completely for the newer IO and AMD CPUs.
Happy to be proven wrong mind.

Except......PSVR2 absolutely needs to be supported in a future patch.

Seeing how smooth the PS4 Pro version looked in IGN's gameplay last week. I suspect that XSX and PS5 versions will support 120Hz which is great. RE Engine is a beast.

SilentUser

Kinda funny, i been using a 32 Samsung 720p TV for 10 years or so and think games still look lovely on it, from ALL systems Wii U, 360, Switch to PS4..

This week finally changed to a 1080p slightly bigger tv, im more concerned about sub native res than overall outpout. thats why i got 1080, But would never say 1080 feels too low 🤷‍♂️ depending on the size i guess.
Thats exactly the point on having a bigger TV: you need higher resolution of the image will get blurry, unless the game does have a good upscaling tech behind it. I barely can play native 1080p on a 55 inches screen now.

skneogaf

Is the statement intended to say the ps5 version will be different/better than non ps5 versions?

The only features I can think if being used are the joypad and the sound.

I had hoped for dolby atmos again like resident evil 2 remake as it was amazing on my 7.2.4 setup.

Stuart360

Is the statement intended to say the ps5 version will be different/better than non ps5 versions?

The only features I can think if being used are the joypad and the sound.

I had hoped for dolby atmos again like resident evil 2 remake as it was amazing on my 7.2.4 setup.
Its launching on PC too dont forget.
And Sony probably just have the marketing rights for the game.
We will see soon enough with the game launching ina month.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Isn't this releasing on PC though...?
The Office No GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
the good thing about PS5 being the weaker hardware is that, if the performance is worse than series X, its expected, however if the performance is better than series X, then everybody would diss the series X

Nah, everything has to be 60, maybe with a 30fps mode for this who want to suffer.

There is no reason for 30 fps with the hardware in these machines... Give me1080p if you have to, but no more 30fps BS, I'll tolerate it in existing ps4 games.
There is no hardware ever that will ever just support 60fps not every game needs 60 fps this is just sensationalism its stupid addiction some people dont even notice if a game is 30 or 60 they just get irritated after seeing the fps number its so silly i grew up playing games at 14fps and i never in my life complained when i started playing at 30fps. 3rd person action games dont need 60 at all uncharted, splinter cell, metal gear solid all look cinematic and intriguing at 30 fps they dont need 60, im more interested in the graphics and cinematic feel plus the production that frames per second infact 60fps makes such games lifeless they just feel like gimmicks at 60, 60 fps is for lifeless arcade games shooters racing games not games that make u cry. Anyway not most kids will understand me this days until they grow up and become wiser cause im a guy who thinks 50s-60s-70s-90s films are the best and cgi films are boring. So its just my years of computer graphics animation practice and knowledge in my life that make me feel how i feel. 60fps takes the life out of some games period.

There is no hardware ever that will ever just support 60fps not every game needs 60 fps this is just sensationalism its stupid addiction some people dont even notice if a game is 30 or 60 they just get irritated after seeing the fps number its so silly i grew up playing games at 14fps and i never in my life complained when i started playing at 30fps. 3rd person action games dont need 60 at all uncharted, splinter cell, metal gear solid all look cinematic and intriguing at 30 fps they dont need 60, im more interested in the graphics and cinematic feel plus the production that frames per second infact 60fps makes such games lifeless they just feel like gimmicks at 60, 60 fps is for lifeless arcade games shooters racing games not games that make u cry. Anyway not most kids will understand me this days until they grow up and become wiser cause im a guy who thinks 50s-60s-70s-90s films are the best and cgi films are boring. So its just my years of computer graphics animation practice and knowledge in my life that make me feel how i feel. 60fps takes the life out of some games period.

I feel the same as you man. 60fps just seems like lower quality to me and often makes the animations look weird and the game loses that cinematic feel. Playing TLOU at 60fps changes the whole feeling of the game from one that's supposed to be dark and gritty, to an arcade shooter and I hate it.

I feel the same as you man. 60fps just seems like lower quality to me and often makes the animations look weird and the game loses that cinematic feel. Playing TLOU at 60fps changes the whole feeling of the game from one that's supposed to be dark and gritty, to an arcade shooter and I hate it.
Go PC and you will always be able to play the game exactly how you want. It's one of its biggest advantages.

Go PC and you will always be able to play the game exactly how you want. It's one of its biggest advantages.
Yeah I tried that man, but on PC there's no easy way to get perfect 30fps. You can't just cap the frame rate and expect perfect frame pacing as eventually it will fault out of sync and result in judder.

Plus, I like not having to deal with Windows issues.

Yeah I tried that man, but on PC there's no easy way to get perfect 30fps. You can't just cap the frame rate and expect perfect frame pacing as eventually it will fault out of sync and result in judder.

Plus, I like not having to deal with Windows issues.
It's really one of those win some lose some situations.

makaveli60

Are you my clone or what? I agree 100%. I wonder if something is wrong with us as no one seems to get it.

Are you my clone or what? I agree 100%. I wonder if something is wrong with us as no one seems to get it.

also something that nobody talks about is when a game targets 60fps but drops frames, it’s much more distracting because the break in smoothness is way easier to detect vs a game running at 30fps that sometimes dips to say 28 or 29fps.

at 60fps, each stutter sticks out like a sore thumb.

makos, when I tried Spider-Man at 60fps it went from looking CGI, to looking like a video game. Animations felt too floaty or unnatural and it was a constant reminder that I was playing a video game.

Last edited:
I would gladly take a slight resolution drop in favor of running with RT with no frame drops. I like the slight boost in light bounce, but it's not nearly noticeable enough to keep RT on just for that and some low-res reflections that barely show up unless you really really try to look for them.

jaysius

Banned
This is called marketing hype. Capcom has an exclusive deal with Sony on this game, so they're putting out more marketing hype for them as part of the deal. When the deal expires in half a year or so we'll see some ex-capcom employee "come out" with the truth.

So a rag that is biased towards PS5, and a Company that signed some weak exclusive deal that doesn't even restrict other console's from day 1 release, I guess that's what this style of weak exclusivity looks like in 2021.

makaveli60

also something that nobody talks about is when a game targets 60fps but drops frames, it’s much more distracting because the break in smoothness is way easier to detect vs a game running at 30fps that sometimes dips to say 28 or 29fps.

at 60fps, each stutter sticks out like a sore thumb.

makos, when I tried Spider-Man at 60fps it went from looking CGI, to looking like a video game. Animations felt too floaty or unnatural and it was a constant reminder that I was playing a video game.
Yep, I feel the same exactly with animations at 60fps. I hope going forward, with proper nextgen games the industry standard will be this with every game:
1. Quality mode with eyemelting graphics at 30fps
2. Performance mode at 60fps for those who don’t mind the graphical sacrifices

Though if it was on me, I would just get rid of performance mode as 60 fps just limits game design.

Putting the PS5 to full use, but isn’t it a cross generation title? The latest demo looked really good, but full use of the PS5 is going to really raise expectations.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Playing on series X with RT turned on and I haven’t had a noticeable dip yet.

loading only happens when you load the game for the first time or if you die. I was afraid there might be a lot of loading scenes but I’m glad there isn’t.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just beat it on Hardcore. What a game.

Sad Euro 2016 GIF by Sporza

Was not a fan of some game design choices they made near the end, but it wasn't bad enough to sour the overall impression. The final boss fight was very well designed from both a challenge and a visual standpoint so it still ended on a high note for me.

And as much as I like item boxes and ink ribbons, the gameplay here is more solid than 7. More responsive & impactful gunplay. Faster movement. More optional areas with secrets.

Top Bottom