• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Wii info coming next month

SantaC

IGN boards said:
Be sure to get the next copy of Official Nintendo Magazine UK as it contains exclusive information on Resident Evil Wii.

It states, in the september issue that they 'had' exclusive information on this upcoming exclusive for the Wii, but it didnt turn up in time for the printing process. It says the news will be with us next month. [It doesnt actually say what game it means but it says "Here's a clue" and there is a silhouette of what is easily noticed as Leon Kennedy].

source

Appearently the magazine comes out August 6th. Please let this game be good.

SantaC

It better be RE4-II! Though it's probably low budget :(

Production studio 2 is making this game right?

bhytre

Hope you can use the knife and do some zombie stabin' :D
No, i'd go as far as saying it will be an utter flop if there's no wiimote knife action ^_^

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
k7danbhytre7qs.gif

What is this?

Looks like Killer7, but I don't remember that part?

fresquito

Wasn´t this magazine the one supposed to shake the ground of all special articles and breaking news and info yet hasn´t offered anything interesting yet?

i have a feeling its maybe RE1 or RE2 remake with first person sections, or its one of those RE first person shooters but instead use remote to shoot and pick up items on screen

White Man

JCX9 said:
I will laugh if they remake resident evil again.

It will be a real remake of Resident Evil 2. Then Wii 2 will get Resident Evil 3. Wii 4, at this rate, could get a remake of Code Veronica.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
fresquito said:
Wasn´t this magazine the one supposed to shake the ground of all special articles and breaking news and info yet hasn´t offered anything interesting yet?

What he said.

AniHawk

White Man said:
It will be a real remake of Resident Evil 2. Then Wii 2 will get Resident Evil 3. Wii 4, at this rate, could get a remake of Code Veronica.

Actually, I'd love to see RE2 redone with the RE4 camera/controls. Though I guess at that point it would become RE5.

SantaCruZer said:
It better be RE4-II! Though it's probably low budget :(

Production studio 2 is making this game right?
Well, they don't really need to write a whole new engine because they can just upgrade RE4's to make use of the power boost, and then create new environments, stories, and characters! EASY AS PIE!

I really hope it's RE4-II. :(

SantaC

fresquito said:

didn't this mag break the news that Zelda TP used the wiimote? Pretty sure it was. And later they had to take back the statement because nintendo was angry.

ethelred

SantaCruZer said:
didn't this mag break the news that Zelda TP used the wiimote? Pretty sure it was. And later they had to take back the statement because nintendo was angry.

Nope, that was NGC Magazine, I believe. Definitely wasn't Official Nintendo Magazine, though, either way. They're an oh-fish-eel magazine so they can't run stuff Ninty doesn't want run.

Mikami and crew really outdid themselves with Re4's engine. It would be a travesty for Capcom not to take advantage of Wii's modest jump in power over the GC to reuse the excellent engine they created for Re4, not to mention stupid.

August 6th is a bloody long wait from now. Let's hope the news leaks much sooner.

Leon could mean a sequal to RE4 though. Make it So Capcom!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
UltimaKilo said:
I kinda liked RE0. Actually I enjoyed it a lot. So are we going back to Spain for RE Wii?

as a classic style resident evil, RE0 was pretty awesome.

leechz.jpg

leech zombies freaked me out, man. tribal drums were a strange and brilliant choice.

Considering their track record thus far, I'm skeptical of any "exclusive" info that NOM UK promises. I'm also skeptical about the quality of the game itself, since Capcom clearly isn't committing their A-team, but time will tell.

SantaC

ethelred said:
Nope, that was NGC Magazine, I believe. Definitely wasn't Official Nintendo Magazine, though, either way. They're an oh-fish-eel magazine so they can't run stuff Ninty doesn't want run.

oh well, just wait and see I guess.

According to IGN, they haven't done any Resident Evil games.
They did do Rockman EXE, Onimusha, and Rockman Dash.

:(

Akia

Busaiku said:
According to IGN, they haven't done any Resident Evil games.
They did do Rockman EXE, Onimusha, and Rockman Dash.

I have no faith in this team to deliver a good Resident Evil game whatsoever. I'd love to be suprised though.

Bring on Resident Evil 5.

pitt_norton

Oblivion said:
Is Production Studio 4 doing RE5?

You'd think that. I thought it was Production Studio 2 making RE5...

... and it makes more sense that Production Studio 4 would make RE Wii since they developed the RE4 engine on GCN.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder what's next in the Resident Evil saga. What does Leon have to do after the end of RE4 again?

Top Bottom